Shortell an Guiterrez Commit to UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Shortell an Guiterrez Commit to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction Score
It helps build local relationships so that when the next Torrey Mack/John Sullivan/Silas Redd pops up in Fairfield County, his coach doesn't automatically steer him out-of-state to play 'big-time' football.

And if the kids work hard, pan out and help contribute to UConn's on-field success? Icing on the cake...

Congratulations to all the new Huskies!

I never knew those specific High School coaches automatically steered those High School student athletes out-of-state to play big time football? Is that true, or speculation? Way to do your student/athlete justice, if true.

I would rather build relationships with Power House High School programs that may be out of state, like in PA or NJ. I would rather offer a scholly to a kid on the fence who comes from a program that produces D1 talent on a consistent basis than a school that offers a possible recruit once every 10 years and build on that relationship for future recruits. Odds are better out of state:

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1182411

I didnt think we needed to build the local relationships as the High School coaches endorsed the hiring of PP.

ND Fairfield has a roster of like 29 for football. I dont think that relationship needs to be built. Berger is from Waterbury via Milford, we have been in Milford all year, ask Montrell, Erich and now Berger.

I had always thought John Sullivan went to ND because his Dad did, like the Golic kids - didnt know he was steered out of state to ND.

I have no inside info on Torrey Macks' recruitment but in hindsight I am glad his HS coaches pushed him to Virginia -

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/cavaliers-journal/2011/02/rb_torrey_mack_no_longer_enrol.html

Reaction Score
It is much easier. An 18 yo kid has a lot of advisers. Now they're telling them that the BE is not going to have an AQ, everyone wants out, the league may cease to exist if LV or Uconn leave as they so desperately desire . . . . you think Maryland, or an ACC has that kind of negative recruiting going on? Negative recruiting got the Manchester CT TE to pick BC over Uconn. And initially he wanted to go to Uconn. Much, much easier.

So you are saying all the BE schools are struggling because of the uncertainty of the BE?

As of this morning - Cinci, Louisville and Rutgers (WVU but they dont count, b12) end up with classes better than North Carolina and Maryland

Reaction Score
with this potential Berger commit does that mean we're pretty much out for Wayne Morgan?

Reaction Score
How many spots are now left? Does anyone know?

I just posted in the Clax thread on a similar topic. They lost 7 guys to transfers that I can find. They brought in 4 transfers and have close to 25 commits right now. They also had a less than full recruiting class last year. IMO I will say enough. Can't speak on an exact number because I have no idea, but I think they have enough to still bring in 1-3 more guys. Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
So you are saying all the BE schools are struggling because of the uncertainty of the BE?

As of this morning - Cinci, Louisville and Rutgers (WVU but they dont count, b12) end up with classes better than North Carolina and Maryland
Maryland speaks for itself. North Carolina under suspension. Look, I didn't say "impossible." I said "much harder." Harder than it otherwise would have been without the dreaded conference realignment.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
not going to read the couple pages, im travel right now. from my last post those guys are huskies and we have another local we will hear about 2moro prob...

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Now there's chatter about a 6'5"-265 OT from FL considering us and Middle TN State. Dunno much more about him...

Reaction Score
Now there's chatter about a 6'5"-265 OT from FL considering us and Middle TN State. Dunno much more about him...

Sounds like your talking about Decarreus Mason... He took an official last weekend to Middle Tenn... wonder if we got him to visit this weekend? According to rivals UCONN and Mid Tenn are his top two... Doesnt show UCONN offering him tho...

Reaction Score
Why in the world would BCS status matter to a kid choosing between schools like BC, SU, MD and UConn? All those schools have little shot of getting into a BCS bowl in the next few years.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
tumba is a big boy hugh? he flew really under the radar although he had a good showing at the NUC over the summer.

i count 25 kids in the class now with brodie looking around acording to his hs coach and morgan still yet to pick. liddell??? the kid from fl who is a 2* OL is also popping up out of nowhere. HUGE CLASS FELLAS!!!

what were looking at most likely is ballpark 35 new faces for our roster come next year, thats a huge depth change!

john green on twitter said "officially a husky on wednesday"

Reaction Score
tumba is a big boy hugh? he flew really under the radar although he had a good showing at the NUC over the summer.

i count 25 kids in the class now with brodie looking around acording to his hs coach and morgan still yet to pick. liddell??? the kid from fl who is a 2* OL is also popping up out of nowhere. HUGE CLASS FELLAS!!!

what were looking at most likely is ballpark 35 new faces for our roster come next year, thats a huge depth change!

john green on twitter said "officially a husky on wednesday"

After reading this post, sadly I was looking for a retweet button Lol. I get the feeling I am really going to like Green. Sounds like a really determined and down to earth kid. It's been a great day on the recruiting front for the Huskies today. Exciting to say the least. I know nothing is official or finalized, but I prefer to think optimistically rather than pessimistically.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
As far as negative recruiting goes regarding BE stability if UConn or Louisville leave, I don't see how that would negatively impact UConn. If you're a recruit and you like how the BE is going to look in 2 years, and are considering UConn, why would that affect you? You either play in a league you desire to play in, or UConn moves a league that is perceived to be "better." That kind of talk would affect RU, Cincy's, USF, etc's recruits, as your conference future goes up in the air, but UConn's conference future would be secure under that scenario.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
fuller to ucla if any 1 was wondering if ruty was still in play or psu was going hard late.

Reaction Score
what do you mean, kids pick to go to Maryland so they can be close to DC?
Because its the Nations Capital? Because they are from DC?
I dont know what you mean by that?
How is DC different than Boston or Philly?

Randy was right then, you cant recruit at UConn - ACC has ALWAYS been more stable than the BE, no??

Is it easier to recruit at DUKE/WAKE or UConn?[/quote
Very simple, some kids prefer a city type environment to the pastorial setting of Storrs. We've lost kids to BC for the same reasons. Not so with Philly because Temple is a lower rated football school. Kids like Dobbs went there because they couldn't enter UConn.
Duke & UConn are about even recruitingwise. ACC is stealing teams from the BE not losing teams. So, yes it's a more stable league.

Reaction Score
fuller to ucla if any 1 was wondering if ruty was still in play or psu was going hard late.

That COULD be a huge positive for us with Brodie. Fuller was one of the top two recruits for Rutgers...who has now decided against them. Does this help sway Brodie away from them as well?? It certainly can't be a positive for Brodie, as he considers that the highly ranked QB he thought he'd be blocking for in the future...will not be attending Rutgers after all.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
on top of berger, i'm hearing some noise about john galloway. another milford kid. think he played at xavier before milford?

Reaction Score
on top of berger, i'm hearing some noise about john galloway. another milford kid. think he played at xavier before milford?

I remember him actually. He was a few years behind me in school. His brother same was a year or two behind me as well. Really good athlete. Comes from a really nice family as well. Looks like he could be the second back this class is lacking, but doesn't look like the fastest guy to hit the field. Definitely a bigger back. Good size. Also plays LB.

Here is a link to a recruiting page:
http://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/ny/new-berlin/milford-academy/john-galloway

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Rival insider says that Guitierrez did not play alot of the season b/c of a broken collar bone and that he expected an offer from Miami(they seemed interested enough to have him with other recruits for the Oho St game this year), which was his dream school.States he also had offers fromWisconsin and Kansas among others.

Seems like he did not play until Mid November this year.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
this^(sportstart) i was told he was a rb in hs also...hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads