Shawn Oakman | The Boneyard

Shawn Oakman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Heck yeah.. Was praying hard he'd at least give us a sniff... Think he did but a tiny sniff....Depending on the severity of the situation we gotta at least find out the kid's status...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
what did he do exactly? no thanks if its a real issue. otherwise yes please. i smell temple tho.

Reaction Score
I think this is funny. PSU knows exactly how good he is, and exactly what he did, and threw him out of school. And yet ....

And yet what?

We haven't kicked out talented players in the past? Beergate anyone? How many players did RE send away over the years? For all you know the new coach is running a very tight ship and needed to make an example of someone.

What I find funny is your continuous holier than thou attitude.

Everyone deserves a 2nd chance...a 3rd not so much...but everyone deserves a 2nd.

Reaction Score
And yet what?

We haven't kicked out talented players in the past? Beergate anyone? How many players did RE send away over the years? For all you know the new coach is running a very tight ship and needed to make an example of someone.

What I find funny is your continuous holier than thou attitude.

Everyone deserves a 2nd chance...a 3rd not so much...but everyone deserves a 2nd.

I think he is poking fun at the PSU football program pertaining to the Sandusky issue, but of course I can be way off. Just how I read it.

If you are referring to Uconn booting JJ, he wasn't anything too special. He had already been suspended one game early in the year. Good player. Hard hitter. But I think they can get by without him. They struggled mightily against the pass this year, and he was still playing.

Reaction Score
He got thrown out of a football program that has no shame. To me, that would mean that either (i) he did something really bad, even by PSU standards, or (ii) he did something only moderately bad, but didn't show anything as a football player while redshirting last year and no one at PSU wants to go to bat for him because it isn't worth it. Either way, I would think that the evidence clearly points to him not being worthy of an offer.

Reaction Score
He got thrown out of a football program that has no shame. To me, that would mean that either (i) he did something really bad, even by PSU standards, or (ii) he did something only moderately bad, but didn't show anything as a football player while redshirting last year and no one at PSU wants to go to bat for him because it isn't worth it. Either way, I would think that the evidence clearly points to him not being worthy of an offer.

There's a 3rd choice, which is PSU is so sensitive right now that he may have gotten dismissed for something that would warrant a second chance.

I myself would reserve judgement until I found out exactly what he did. Most things warrant a 2nd chance, but some do not.

Reaction Score
Careful, you might bring upstater out of hibernation!
Not to mention Viper. Where's he been anyway? Too busy at the restaurant? We need a shout out just to know that he's okay.

Reaction Score

UConn athletics doesn't have their issues?

And what do you mean by "a football program"? The president of the university, the AD, the head coach, the coordinators, the players, the strength coach, the trainer, the director of football communications, and the senior vice president are all gone. And the guy who allegedly committed the crimes wasn't even part of the football program at the time.

Reaction Score

You're not accounting for the fact that there is a new Head Coach at Penn State. Not to mention we're talking about a program under National scrutiny. This is the time for Penn State to be squeeky clean. This is a time when kids can get kicked out for the smallest of offenses. They are in reputation fixing mode at PSU. You can't assume any of the things you're saying with confidence.

Reaction Score
If that is him that is an offense worthy of being kicked off the team....especially these days at PSU. That said it is NOT and offense that doesn't deserve a 2nd chance. I hope we call him.

I agree. If this is what he did he certainly deserves a second chance. I view a DUI as a much worse offense personally, and we gave AD a second chance after his arrest.

If P wants to bring him in on a short leash I'd have no issue with it. But I ain't losing sleep if he decides not to kick the tires here.

Reaction Score
You're not accounting for the fact that there is a new Head Coach at Penn State. Not to mention we're talking about a program under National scrutiny. This is the time for Penn State to be squeeky clean. This is a time when kids can get kicked out for the smallest of offenses. They are in reputation fixing mode at PSU. You can't assume any of the things you're saying with confidence.

My opinion is not based on the team he's leaving being PSU. It could be RU. My statement is based on the belief that if he looked like a player who was going to be a star, he wouldn't be thrown out unless what he did was awful, and if he was thrown out for doing something trivial, it was because the didn't think they'd miss him as a football player. That's all. Do look at beergate -- not one player who got thrown out there had convinced the staff they would be important. On the other hand, when the pellet gun incident happened, that was half our future starting defense and the punishments were relatively minor. Coincidence? Really?

If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I still think it's funny that a program who controls the young man and has seen him on the field and knows what happens wants him out and yet another school's fanbase thinks maybe he's not damaged good and we want him. That's all.

Reaction Score
My opinion is not based on the team he's leaving being PSU. It could be RU. My statement is based on the belief that if he looked like a player who was going to be a star, he wouldn't be thrown out unless what he did was awful, and if he was thrown out for doing something trivial, it was because the didn't think they'd miss him as a football player. That's all. Do look at beergate -- not one player who got thrown out there had convinced the staff they would be important. On the other hand, when the pellet gun incident happened, that was half our future starting defense and the punishments were relatively minor. Coincidence? Really?

If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I still think it's funny that a program who controls the young man and has seen him on the field and knows what happens wants him out and yet another school's fanbase thinks maybe he's not damaged good and we want him. That's all.

I think you may discounting the notion that PSU knows they are under heavy scrutiny right now and has in place a zero tolerance policy regardless of the player's ability. I have no idea if your theory is accurate or not. P is a graduate of PSU. I'm sure he'll get an honest answer as to whether giving this kid a second chance is worth our while.

Reaction Score
If that is him that is an offense worthy of being kicked off the team....especially these days at PSU. That said it is NOT and offense that doesn't deserve a 2nd chance. I hope we call him.

You think it's ok to steal? I don't want those kind of kids coming to UConn. I just read a pretty disturbing story about UCLA basketball. I would much rather have kids on the straight and narrow than kids that try to pull some crap like this.

Reaction Score
You think it's ok to steal? I don't want those kind of kids coming to UConn. I just read a pretty disturbing story about UCLA basketball. I would much rather have kids on the straight and narrow than kids that try to pull some crap like this.

Wow do we have short selective memories.

Reaction Score
No just respect for other people. I think stuff like that is repeatable.

So Mike Osieki (SP) currently on the roster should be kicked off the team no? Mike was caught stealing from the student union as a fros. P should kick him off the team right?

Reaction Score
No just respect for other people. I think stuff like that is repeatable.

DUI is a much more serious offense. Is it also your stance that Dixon shouldn't have been given a second chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom