Shawn Oakman | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Shawn Oakman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So Mike Osieki (SP) currently on the roster should be kicked off the team no? Mike was caught stealing from the student union as a fros. P should kick him off the team right?

Did you just compare stealing a Power Bar (something like that) to a physical altercation theft?

Reaction Score
Did you just compare stealing a Power Bar (something like that) to a physical altercation theft?

LOL! Did you just call shoving someone a physical altercation? How do you know Mike wouldn't have shoved someone if they tried to stop him from walking out?

The charges are both theft. Bottom line. You're acting like he held up the store at gun point.

Reaction Score
LOL! Did you just call shoving someone a physical altercation? How do you know Mike wouldn't have shoved someone if they tried to stop him from walking out?

The charges are both theft. Bottom line. You're acting like he held up the store at gun point.

Silly me. Police investigating an assualt where someone received minor injuries. You are right. No physical altercation there.

My guess is if Mike was approached during the theft he would have pulled a .357 magnum and said "Do you feel lucky punk? Well, do you?"

Reaction Score
Is this any more of a big deal than a DUI or the pellet gun incident? If kids in our program were given second chances, in addition to the countless others who faced assault charges, why wouldn't Oakman be worthy of a second chance? Wasn't Lutrus arrested during Spring Weekend recently?

We've had DUI's, fights, theft, and other incidents here. Most of the time kids were given a second chance.

Reaction Score

Now that's funny. You are comparing a minor assault to the fact that you think maybe someone who didn't commit an assault might have under different facts? O.K. -- how do I know that if you were put in a position where you could be a pedophile we wouldn't learn that you are one?

By the way -- I don't believe you are, but that's how stupid your statement was. The fact that you think someone might commit a crime they didn't is of zero importance to anyone except maybe you. And, not that I expect it, but you owe Mr. Osiecki an apology.

Reaction Score
Theft where a physical altercation takes place is coming damn close to a robbery by definition.

Im all for couple of transfers to upgrade talent, but I wouldn't go overboard with every troubled kid there.

Reaction Score
My opinion is not based on the team he's leaving being PSU. It could be RU. My statement is based on the belief that if he looked like a player who was going to be a star, he wouldn't be thrown out unless what he did was awful, and if he was thrown out for doing something trivial, it was because the didn't think they'd miss him as a football player. That's all. Do look at beergate -- not one player who got thrown out there had convinced the staff they would be important. On the other hand, when the pellet gun incident happened, that was half our future starting defense and the punishments were relatively minor. Coincidence? Really?

If I'm wrong I'm wrong, but I still think it's funny that a program who controls the young man and has seen him on the field and knows what happens wants him out and yet another school's fanbase thinks maybe he's not damaged good and we want him. That's all.

NFL first rounders got kicked out of PSU for fights in the last couple of years.

Reaction Score
If a scholarship player at division 1-A university X has done something to get his scholarship revoked and expelled from school, it's safe to say, that same player would have had the same problem retaining their scholarship status and enrollment at UConn for the same reasons.

Is it worth kicking the tires to find out exactly what happened? Maybe. Probably not. This is not the kind of target that I believe is going to be drawing all kinds of attention from us on the recruiting front.

There are other places where a kid like that can get a second chance. Hopefully he gets that chance and gets his ass squared away.

On to the next recruit.

Reaction Score
It must be great living in your world where you and everyone that you associate with is perfect.

These kids have a special privilege that other kids would kill to have. If you screw up, well tough luck. Time to find someone that appreciates the opportunity and wouldn't do something so stupid. It's really not that hard to know you shouldn't be stealing stuff or driving after you've had too much to drink. Considering Dixon was 22 or 23 when the incident occurred he should have known better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom