Shaheen Holloway to Louisville? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Shaheen Holloway to Louisville?

Reaction Score
In 2019-20 they won 24 games and were a 20 to 30 win program every year after 2001-02, hardly the history books
Not agreed. Syracuse won 20 games this year. So what. Winning 20 games in a season for these teams in a major conference is just this side of mediocrity. How many times in the last 10 years have teams said oh no Louisville is in our bracket, we are doomed. Once maybe.
Louisville has fallen, and they can't get up. They can't pass the smell test. As. they actually do smell.
Please don't tell me they are in the ACC and that makes them de facto formidable.

Reaction Score
SH is one of the private schools that doesn't have that big of an endowment ($308M) - so there just might not be the financial support there that other schools have.

Not saying he should leave - but just might be tough to build in the new environment.

Reaction Score
Not agreed. Syracuse won 20 games this year. So what. Winning 20 games in a season for these teams in a major conference is just this side of mediocrity. How many times in the last 10 years have teams said oh no Louisville is in our bracket, we are doomed. Once maybe.
Louisville has fallen, and they can't get up. They can't pass the smell test. As. they actually do smell.
Please don't tell me they are in the ACC and that makes them de facto formidable.
None of this makes any sense.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I wasn't big on May, but going from May to Holloway? Sheesh. Is there really no up and comers in that part of the country?

Reaction Score
My argument is Louisville is a program on the decline and is not an attractive job for an established coach. Makes sense to me

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
kim kardashian love GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

watching the downfall of louisville and a poverty church leaguer
I'm surprised you aren't lead fundraiser for a Cronin UCLA buyout to get Mick back to Louisville.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Halloway has won more Tourney games at St Peter’s than the 5th best team in Ohio has won in what, 20 years? More?
toledo has won 4 straight regular season mac titles but has failed to get it done in the tournament to get a bid. so you are correct. feel bad for the rockets!

(i know ball, so try something better next time)

Reaction Score
Alabama and Grand Canyon missing a comically large number of shots.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
SH is one of the private schools that doesn't have that big of an endowment ($308M) - so there just might not be the financial support there that other schools have.

Not saying he should leave - but just might be tough to build in the new environment.

I know some SHU boosters. According to the ones I know, quite a few of them went to elite private schools but live in north Jersey and like basketball. It is a wealthy area, but I don't know what the appetite is to contribute the money that is needed to compete at a high level. On the other hand, there is a huge corporate community in the area. It may just be too much of an organizational challenge for SHU Administration to harness all of these disparate entities.

rgw

Reaction Score
My argument is Louisville is a program on the decline and is not an attractive job for an established coach. Makes sense to me
Agree and in a conference that may collapse between now and the start of next season

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Louisville already has a very famous Shaheen's, it would be smart to add one more in my opinion. Great hire for Ville and a stepping stone, for Shaheen.

Reaction Score
I know some SHU boosters. According to the ones I know, quite a few of them went to elite private schools but live in north Jersey and like basketball. It is a wealthy area, but I don't know what the appetite is to contribute the money that is needed to compete at a high level. On the other hand, there is a huge corporate community in the area. It may just be too much of an organizational challenge for SHU Administration to harness all of these disparate entities.
Unfortunately, 2 of their most famous alums, Robert Brennan of First Jersey Securities fame (boiler room) and Dennis Kozlowski of Tyco fame were both convicted of fraud. But, they do have Dick Vitale, Bill Raftery, and Bob Ley as alums and Tony Soprano attended but dropped out.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, 2 of their most famous alums, Robert Brennan of First Jersey Securities fame (boiler room) and Dennis Kozlowski of Tyco fame were both convicted of fraud. But, they do have Dick Vitale, Bill Raftery, and Bob Ley as alums and Tony Soprano attended but dropped out.
Jackie Jr. dropped out too. That stunatz.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Washington, which I consider a decent program, just hired USU’s Sprinkle off one ok season. Maybe Holloway is the best Louisville can get.

Reaction Score
Washington, which I consider a decent program, just hired USU’s Sprinkle off one ok season. Maybe Holloway is the best Louisville can get.
Sprinkle made tourny the last 2 years before with Montana St too. Won 2 different conferences 3 years in a row and then won a game in the tourny. He's a rising star.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom