Shaheen Holloway to Louisville? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Shaheen Holloway to Louisville?

Reaction Score
Why would an established coach go there except for contract money UCLA is trending that way too. Storied in history books. Not so much now. Throw Indiana in there too. These programs seem very hard to resurrect
Syracuse too. Something has changed

Reaction Score
Louisville needs to hire a proven winning coach who understands the modern college basketball landscape. That is not Holloway. It doesn't mean Holloway can't become that guy, but he is not there yet and Louisville doesn't want another coach who is learning on the job like Kenny Payne.

In my opinion, Pat Kelsey is a much better option for Louisville, although he doesn't have high end experience with NIL,...

Reaction Score
Louisville needs to hire a proven winning coach who understands the modern college basketball landscape. That is not Holloway. It doesn't mean Holloway can't become that guy, but he is not there yet and Louisville doesn't want another coach who is learning on the job like Kenny Payne.

In my opinion, Pat Kelsey is a much better option for Louisville, although he doesn't have high end experience with NIL,...
Thee list of coaches that are 1) squeaky clean, 2) have a proven track record in the NIL space, 3) have a proven track record as a head coach, and 4) would leave their current job for Louisville is somewhere between very small and nonexistent. They’re going to need to make some compromises.

Reaction Score
Louisville is not an upgrade over Arkansas.
Yes it is. The SEC is stuffed with good coaches compared to the ACC. Who are the best coaches in the ACC now the Williams, Coach K, and Boeheim have retired? Louisville is a top 3/4 job in the ACC and UNC, Duke, and Syracuse hired assistant coaches with no head coaching experience, FSU and Miami's coaches are in their mid 70s, and Bennett at UVA coaches a boring style of play. Arkansas is probably a middle tier job in the SEC.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score

I wonder if Xavier's kinda hoping Louisville makes Miller an offer he can't refuse so that they can then go after Kelsey...

Reaction Score
Why would an established coach go there except for contract money UCLA is trending that way too. Storied in history books. Not so much now. Throw Indiana in there too. These programs seem very hard to resurrect
Syracuse too. Something has changed
In 2019-20 they won 24 games and were a 20 to 30 win program every year after 2001-02, hardly the history books

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yes it is. The SEC is stuffed with good coaches compared to the ACC. Who are the best coaches in the ACC now the Williams, Coach K, and Boeheim have retired? Louisville is a top 3/4 job in the ACC and UNC, Duke, and Syracuse hired assistant coaches with no head coaching experience, FSU and Miami's coaches are in their mid 70s, and Bennett at UVA coaches a boring style of play. Arkansas is probably a middle tier job in the SEC.
And Louisville is a bottom tier job in the ACC. Arkansas has a lot more money and better history than most SEC schools.

Reaction Score
As Louisville you have to show other prospects otherwise the contract will be bad.

Reaction Score
Pat Kelsey?

Coached at Winthrop and CoC and has never won an NCAAT game?

That would be...pretty sad...for Louisville. Small time.
He’s been a pretty big name the past few years and is going to land a big job soon. His offensive scheme combined with Louisville’s resources would definitely bring some excitement. Feels like one of the higher ceiling options for them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
kim kardashian love GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

watching the downfall of louisville and a poverty church leaguer
Really? This time of year I thought you'd be more interested in how your team is doing in the NCAA tournament... oh wait... um, never mind.

Reaction Score
I hate giving credit to a Duke alum, but I'm surprised that Chris Collins doesn't get more mention for some of these jobs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom