SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 62 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ollie really needs to land this kid. I know he has landed a few very good players recently but even the best have been borderline 4/5 star kids. Landing this kid would prove he can get the occasional consensus 5 star player. You know, like a Kemba or Khalid or Donyell. If he fails on this kid, he really needs to adjust his approach with these bluest of blue chip kids. I would tell these kids the truth. You can come to UConn and learn how to become truly great or you can go to, say, Kentucky to showcase what you can already do well.
Just painful.

Reaction Score
I don't know if you're a liar or just insane, but Rochester gets way more snow than Hartford. My dad's family is from there, and the amount of snow they get is legendary. And it is the lake effect. But, you don't have to take my word for it; look at these measurements from objective third parties!

https://www.currentresults.com/Weat...nowfall-totals-snow-accumulation-averages.php
https://www.currentresults.com/Weat...nowfall-totals-snow-accumulation-averages.php

Rochester more than doubles Hartford's annual snowfall. More than doubles. Now take your negative ass out of here and go complain somewhere else.

Historically, no doubt Rochester gets more. Over the last few years, it hasn't been the case though.

That's what Paesano wrote.

Also, one thing that people don't seem to get about Lake Effect is that it's like a blanket that falls one area by the lake. In Rochester, that means the north of the city gets snow, but where many people live south of Irondequoit they get a lot less snow. Dustings really. I never had a heavy snow during my 7 years there. One year in fact there was no snow at all so they had to truck snow in from Syracuse for a winter festival in February.

Last year, when "Buffalo" got 6 feet of snow in one storm, the city of Buffalo got zero. It was sunny out while 6 feet were being dumped several miles south.

This year the city of Buffalo has gotten a couple inches, while the area that got hit with 6 feet of snow last time has 5.5 inches total.

Reaction Score
I don't know if you're a liar or just insane, but Rochester gets way more snow than Hartford. My dad's family is from there, and the amount of snow they get is legendary. And it is the lake effect. But, you don't have to take my word for it; look at these measurements from objective third parties!

Rochester more than doubles Hartford's annual snowfall. More than doubles. Now take your negative ass out of here and go complain somewhere else.
You never lived there so you don't know what you are talking about. Upstater explained it but I'm sure you still don't get because you don't want to. The parts of Rochester in the snow belt, which is a small fraction of the city, don't get Blizzards like the Northeast does. They get a steady dose of lake effect. Go back and read what I said. I talked about snowfalls, not season totals. And, even then, the total is highly dependent on location. But you don't know that since you never lived there. Right?

Reaction Score
@Paesano : I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting your complaint but Ollie has been bringing in a ton of consensus 4-5* talent recently. Jalen Adams, Juwan Howard, Vance Jackson, Zach Brown. These guys are all 4-5*, nothing borderline about it. Alterique Gilbert is McD AA. If you're just looking to complain about something there are much better subjects than recruiting these days.
Go back and read what I said. I said he hasn't landed a consensus 5 star player. I never said he landed borderline 4 star players. I said they were borderline 5 star which is what is meant by not being a consensus 5 star. Diallo would be a consensus 5 star player.

Reaction Score
Go back and read what I said. I said he hasn't landed a consensus 5 star player. I never said he landed borderline 4 star players. I said they were borderline 5 star which is what is meant by not being a consensus 5 star. Diallo would be a consensus 5 star player.
That doesn't make your comment any less absurd.

Reaction Score

Zach Brown's a consensus 5 star. Almost positive Daniel Hamilton was too.

Reaction Score
ZB is a 4* on ESPN, as was Hamilton. Rodney Purvis is the only consensus 5* on the roster or in recruiting classes.

Hamilton was a 5 star on Rivals, 247, and Scout, 4 star on ESPN. 3 outta 4 major recruiting services, that's pretty much a 5 star in my book.

Reaction Score
You never lived there so you don't know what you are talking about. Upstater explained it but I'm sure you still don't get because you don't want to. The parts of Rochester in the snow belt, which is a small fraction of the city, don't get Blizzards like the Northeast does. They get a steady dose of lake effect. Go back and read what I said. I talked about snowfalls, not season totals. And, even then, the total is highly dependent on location. But you don't know that since you never lived there. Right?

I've never lived there full-time, but I've spent a lot of time up there, and my cousins, my dad, and my uncle have told me stories about the staggering snowfalls they would get. Like, jump off the roof into the snow levels. And you better believe I'm going to listen to them over a moron who is wrong about everything else he ever says.

Reaction Score
ZB is a 4* on ESPN, as was Hamilton. Rodney Purvis is the only consensus 5* on the roster or in recruiting classes.
Why do we continue to care about what ESPN says. It is well-known that they bias rankings purely off where someone commits. In football, a 2-star can decommit from one school, commit to OSU, and overnight jump to a 4-star.

I'll be honest, I don't really know since I stopped paying attention once he committed to UK; is Wenyen Gabriel really a top 15 recruit? Let's also see what happens to Waters's ranking if/once he commits to Duke.

Reaction Score
Lake Effect:

Screen-shot-2014-11-19-at-1.16.32-PM.png

buffalo.jpg

Reaction Score
Using RSCI:

Daniel Hamilton was 17th overall player in 2014
Jalen Adams was 24th overall player in 2015

Think those would qualify as consensus 5* players.
An average ranking doesn't say anything definitive about the consensus or whether a different type of ranking is unanimous.

But I do accept that I used a poor choice of words when I used consensus. A better word, given what I intended to say, is unanimous. None of them have been unanimous 5 star except Purvis and we got him as a transfer but missed on him the first time around.

People can be as pouty as they want but the reality is that we have been losing every recruiting battle for kids that are unanimously considered to be among the bluest of blue chips. Sorry if that makes people sad but it is true. Ollie has lead with Diallo from as early on as one can lead. Diallo would break the trend and should be winnable.

Reaction Score
I've never lived there full-time, but I've spent a lot of time up there, and my cousins, my dad, and my uncle have told me stories about the staggering snowfalls they would get. Like, jump off the roof into the snow levels. And you better believe I'm going to listen to them over a moron who is wrong about everything else he ever says.
Annnnd, you are still wrong. In a bad winter, in the snow belt, after a string of lake effect events it is possible to see drifts up to the roof. But you just keep on ignoring all those qualifiers and insist the entire city of Rochester gets hammered more on one lake effect event than Hartford does from a Nor'easter. You will be wrong but keep up the good fight with this moron. I would be insulted but I realize you have less of a clue about who you are dealing with than you have about upstate NY. It is actually hysterical.

Reaction Score
You might want to clarify that to say Syracuse is the last place you would want to go to school. Most of upstate NY is a LOT nicer than Syracuse and the southern half of the Buffalo area. Rochester has probably had way less snow the last few years than Hartford has and is a lot nicer of a city. Albany is no worse than New Haven, Waterbury or Bridgeport. And the finger lakes are as nice, with less snow, than the Berkshires. Ithaca is way nicer than Storrs and I am not sure why anyone wouldn't want to got to an Ivy and especially one that isn't surrounded by high crime rate areas. (Looking at you Yale)

Never been to Albany, but I would have never imagined comparing Waterbury or Bridgeport to New Haven. I think you probably no good at comparing cities.

Reaction Score
Albany isn't anything like New Haven, Waterbury or Bridgeport. Have you ever been to any of these cities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom