SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 47 | The Boneyard

SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Absolutely love this kid! Amazing attitude!

Reaction Score
http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1600202-vance-jackson-headed-to-uconn

"UConn is the right fit for me because the system they run benefits me to show all aspects of my game," Jackson said. "UConn is in need of scorers and that's what I do well.

"I wanted to go to a pure basketball school and it felt like home visiting the school. The coaching staff is like having my dad by my side."

"They always see something get better at, no matter what," Jackson said. "They plan on using me as a wing and pushing the ball off a defensive rebound, running plays, coming off screens, posting small guards and doing everything."

Reaction Score
Still think his emoji game could use work gotta be a better husky than that

Not to bog this down with technical stuff, but emojis images are unique to your device brand. They can look different on all different kinds of phones and browsers.

Reaction Score
This is great news! Welcome to the UConn family, Vance.

Always felt he was the better fit between him and Gabriel. At least that's how I now remember it. My reality is likely different from those who remember otherwise. ;) Now I'll go and eat my pound of crow.

It was interesting what Eric Bossi said on one of the National Recruiting Board forums about Jackson. It was as follows:

I think that Jackson has a long way to go defensively and I think that he's much more of a stretch four than a small forward as initially thought. Scores points and has shooting range, but I'm not sure how much of the way he does things will translate to the college game. Learning to play in a true college system is going to be an adjustment and I think the speed of the game is going to be something that will take some getting used to.

From all accounts, he's one of the better shooters in this class. He might be a tad light on the athletic side of things which would make defending his position a challenge, but as many have pointed out, Shad fit this very description and more than made up for his struggles on the defensive end of things with some big time Winning Time Daggers.

I'm excited to see how Vance develops over his time here in Storrs.

Again, Welcome to Husky Nation!!!!

Reaction Score
https://connecticut.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1814738

The 2015-16 season has yet to begin, but already the UConn Huskies' future looks bright. The addition of four-star sharpshooter Vance Jackson, who announced Friday he was coming to Storrs, Conn. next year, makes it even brighter.

Jackson, a 6-foot-7 combo forward at Prolific Prep (Calif.), is ranked 72nd in the Class of 2016. Jackson spent two years at St. John Bosco, including one with current UConn sophomore forward Daniel Hamilton, but switched schools at the end of spring following a coaching change at Bosco.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
v-j_day950.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads