SF/PF Wenyen Gabriel (Kentucky Commit) | Page 39 | The Boneyard

SF/PF Wenyen Gabriel (Kentucky Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hear Harry Giles was really underwhelmed by the history department at Wake Forest and might be leaning toward Duke now, said no one ever.

Duke does have a great History Department though. Smart move by the kid. Though if he wants a really highly rated department, Kentucky's grave-digging program is one of the best in the country, so there is that!

Reaction Score
Wenyen Gabriel shoots up out of nowhere in the rankings this summer, makes a huge name for himself and commits to Kentucky.

What CAN WE ALL AGREE that squid does well...Makes a huge name for his players and puts them in the NBA.

If you were WG... the promise of a fast track to the NBA compared to where you were 12 months ago, how do you not go to UK unless you're a diehard fan for any of the particular schools. But wait, Duke was his favorite school and it still didn't matter. UK has always been the logical choice.

Reaction Score
We don't have to have temper tantrums and embarrass ourselves. No one is forcing us to.

If you've ever lurked at another board after they lose a game or a recruit, you'd see that they're at least as bad as the boneyard and very possibly worse.

Reaction Score
If you've ever lurked at another board after they lose a game or a recruit, you'd see that they're at least as bad as the boneyard and very possibly worse.

Yes, but don't you think this is a behavior we should try to discourage? Especially, as it is in Gabriel's case, when we've known for quite some time that we weren't getting him, and we already got a commitment from probably the most comparable player on the board?

Reaction Score

I don't think I ever said it was unique to us, but I'm not a member of those other boards. In other words, why would I feel embarrassed for them?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

If we hold our program to a higher standard than those programs, should we not expect the same of ourselves as fans compared to theirs?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Why do people think he's not gonna start? You guys make it sound like he's as raw as brimah was or something...

Reaction Score
I don't think the reaction is that bad. A few dumb posts by a few dumb posters, a few unoriginal cracks about UK's academics, a few posts of Stairmaster appealing to a moral authority. Now if you want to imagine a bad reaction - picture Diallo choosing UK.

Reaction Score
I don't think the reaction is that bad. A few dumb posts by a few dumb posters, a few unoriginal cracks about UK's academics, a few posts of Stairmaster appealing to a moral authority. Now if you want to imagine a bad reaction - picture Diallo choosing UK.
Pls don't

Reaction Score
With Dham, Enoch, Facey, Durham, Diarra and Larrier that's 6 four star or better forwards on next years squad.
Of course Dham could go and Enoch might be considered more of a center, but either way we're pretty deep at his spot.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
We weren't even top 2. (Duke). I think we might have made up some ground with the OV this weekend even with the rainy weather, but I wish him the best. We can't win them all.

I also think it's funny that every time we lose a recruit we start badmouthing them. It's like the guy at the bar who talks ad nauseum about this chick is going to talk to and how great theyd be. Then he goes and talks to her and she turns him down. Then he comes back to his buddies and tells them everything that is wrong with her.

Reaction Score
The notion that a high level college basketball recruit picking Kentucky over UConn indicates that he doesn't care about academics is just laugh out loud ridiculous. By all means, though, keep it going.
If he cared about academics, as was mentioned several times, he would have chosen either Duke, MD or UConn. All of them are real universities. So either he didn't really care or he was duped by the squid or he was attracted by other incentives.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If we hold our program to a higher standard than those programs, should we not expect the same of ourselves as fans compared to theirs?
Excellant point which is why I disagree with your prior posts about posters being "babies". Not the most mature way to handle an issue. Deriding people for an opinion is different than making points that disagrees with others arguments.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If he cared about academics, as was mentioned several times, he would have chosen either Duke, MD or UConn. All of them are real universities. So either he didn't really care or he was duped by the squid or he was attracted by other incentives.
Or those making the statement he cared about academics were inaccurate. Not going to look at the history of who made those statements so I could be wrong.

Reaction Score

But the point is that even if he chose Duke it wouldn't mean he cared about academics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom