SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've said before, I don't buy the sneaker company angle... too many instances prove it to be BS. The top couple kids on the UA circuit didn't go to UA schools this year. It's just an excuse when a school loses out on a kid. Plus the Jerry Myer's of the world can use the topic as click bait.

Nike schools do have an advantage though because they make the hottest shoes. Kids want the free J's, Durrants, Kobes, LeBrons, Kyries, etc.

In this case, Justin has already committed a Nike school (UNLV). The main reason Maryland should be considered stiff competition is because the President (and I think coach) of his AU AAU team is a Maryland Alum (@ShaneJames23).

Reaction Score
I've said before, I don't buy the sneaker company angle... too many instances prove it to be BS. The top couple kids on the UA circuit didn't go to UA schools this year. It's just an excuse when a school loses out on a kid. Plus the Jerry Myer's of the world can use the topic as click bait.

Nike schools do have an advantage though because they make the hottest shoes. Kids want the free J's, Durrants, Kobes, LeBrons, Kyries, etc.

In this case, Justin has already committed a Nike school (UNLV). The main reason Maryland should be considered stiff competition is because the President (and I think coach) of his AU AAU team is a Maryland Alum (@ShaneJames23).

Hope you are correct. Just passing on what I heard from one of those JM like guys

Reaction Score
Hope you are correct. Just passing on what I heard from one of those JM like guys
You hope I'm correct? I clearly stated I think Maryland is a big factor b/c of the AAU's connection to Maryland via Shane James. I hope I'm wrong.

I just don't believe the sneaker conspiracy theories. People on here are so dilutional, like yourself, they think the only reason Stone went to Maryland is because of UA. As if Maryland didn't recruit him hard too. They have great facilities, are in The B1G and had on paper a great roster (Trimble coming off a superstar freshman year- boy did he mess up not jumping to the NBA). But none of that mattered.. UA is funneling $$$ somehow. They must have spent all their cash on him because they got nothing this year.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He's saying he's hoping the shoe company's aren't in play here. Of course we all hope Maryland isn't in this.

From what I'm hearing it's us and Oregon. Maybe Maryland thinks they have a shot, or perhaps they really do.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'd worry about Oregon.

This is the kind of thing they normally win.

They do well with transfers/decommits and they do well with Canadian recruits - they've had about a half-dozen Canadians over the past couple of years and they had three on the roster last year.

Reaction Score
He's saying he's hoping the shoe company's aren't in play here. Of course we all hope Maryland isn't in this.

From what I'm hearing it's us and Oregon. Maybe Maryland thinks they have a shot, or perhaps they really do.

Yup.. hope they are not in play.

Reaction Score
Why? It's one of the harmless Boneyard's favorite pastimes. If KO lands JJ the excitement that generates will light up the Board into overdrive on lineup predictions
for months.

Because 99% of the people on here have not seen these kids play besides 1 or 2 mixtapes or they do not have a realistic idea of basketball. As a result, we get lineups like last year with D ham playing the point or Cassell playing over Adams. Unless you are watching the kids practice daily then leave it up to Ollie. I am sure there are 100 other things to discuss.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Because 99% of the people on here have not seen these kids play besides 1 or 2 mixtapes or they do not have a realistic idea of basketball. As a result, we get lineups like last year with D ham playing the point or Cassell playing over Adams. Unless you are watching the kids practice daily then leave it up to Ollie. I am sure there are 100 other things to discuss.
I don't think anyone seriously thinks that they know more than KO. It's just speculation by amateurs although we have some pretty sharp residents. DHam did not wind up playing the point because of the Boneyard! There are loads of other discussions going on. No one has to participate in "lineup" discussions if they don't want to.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
To be fair ESPN analyst had projected Sam Jr. to start for us his first year here. Plus there's nothing wrong with speculation, lighten up.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Agreed, why would we talk about UConn basketball on the UConn basketball board? Let's spend the summer months talking about interesting topics like pizza and our favorite condiments.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Can we please stop with the lineup predictions.
Why? I post on this board for fun, to speculate about lineups and get excited for the next season. I obviously don't think I know more than KO, or that my posts will influence his lineup decisions. I just do this for fun, like Rico444 said, I don't want to spend the summer posting about pizza, I'd rather talk about UConn basketball on the UConn basketball message board.

Reaction Score
I feel like I just read a post from you the other day saying you wish this was more of a discussion board. Quite the contradiction here.

Reaction Score
I feel like I just read a post from you the other day saying you wish this was more of a discussion board. Quite the contradiction here.
randy_savage_crop_north.png

Reaction Score
To be fair ESPN analyst had projected Sam Jr. to start for us his first year here. Plus there's nothing wrong with speculation, lighten up.

Well, he started game one and played 31 minutes and averaged 15ppg in the preseason... I thought Sam Jr. was going to be a really good player for us.

Reaction Score

True, you got me there. But it is hard to have a discussion about a starting lineup before a kid even steps foot on campus. You end up with too many posts like below. At we at least allow them to practice and play a few games before placing them in the starting lineup. Kinda puts unrealistic expectations on these kids. Then there are all kind of threads in December on how the kid isn't as good as expected.
Cassell.JPG

cassell3.JPG

Reaction Score
True, you got me there. But it is hard to have a discussion about a starting lineup before a kid even steps foot on campus. You end up with too many posts like below. At we at least allow them to practice and play a few games before placing them in the starting lineup. Kinda puts unrealistic expectations on these kids. Then there are all kind of threads in December on how the kid isn't as good as expected.
View attachment 13600

View attachment 13602
yea after Cassell flaming out I'm probably going to fall back on hyping recruits, I for sure thought he was going to be a starter for us going forward, hell after Rothstein and Welsh saw him practice they were hypign him up too. Surprised his career went the way they did.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
View attachment 13600

View attachment 13602
Expectations are not the problem. The problem is a very small subsegment of the fan base that insist projections are reality, and, if they aren't met, find the need to blame the players as opposed to recognizing their own flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom