SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In ace's defense I was drinking to KoolAid also regarding his hype and hearing of his game. Happens, not sure why with Sam maybe injuries derailed his career here but oh well we will predict more of the same as fans, or at least always hope for the best from the kids KO selects.

Reaction Score
yea after Cassell flaming out I'm probably going to fall back on hyping recruits, I for sure thought he was going to be a starter for us going forward, hell after Rothstein and Welsh saw him practice they were hypign him up too. Surprised his career went the way they did.
Yeah, but a lot of us were in the same boat on Cassell. With the hype from the media during offseason practice and his preseason performance in 14/15 (17 points vs. SCSU and 18 points vs. Assumption), I'm pretty sure nobody would have thought he'd end up as a guy averaging 3.1 points per game for his career.

Reaction Score
Back to Justin Jackson. It just can't be good he left without a commitment. Dammit, I know it's not over but I also know he's going to the land of 5,000 different uni's and lots of coin. Never good:eek:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
yea after Cassell flaming out I'm probably going to fall back on hyping recruits, I for sure thought he was going to be a starter for us going forward, hell after Rothstein and Welsh saw him practice they were hypign him up too. Surprised his career went the way they did.
@Worldwide is correct that nobody can really know how things will play out until after they are played out and even then, based on observations in this and other forums, perspective is widely different amongst posters regarding players and team play in games already played.
Excitement and disappointment go hand in hand. Personally I love the emotional roller coaster vs. playing it safe and muting expectations to avoid major disappointments.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Back to Justin Jackson. It just can't be good he left without a commitment. Dammit, I know it's not over but I also know he's going to the land of 5,000 different uni's and lots of coin. Never good:eek:
How can a Yankee fan ever declare something is over before it's over!

Reaction Score
Both Vance and Vital left UConn without a commitment, went on other visits, and chose UConn. Oregon is a different beast compared to Louisville and California, but I think we'll be fine. H4L and Bruce both reporting that Jackson's visit went well, which means that KO's pitch went over well too.

I don't think Jackson was/is ever going to commit during a visit. Usually decommits take their time the 2nd time around to make sure they are making the best choice possible.

Last edited:

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
It's hard to tell with these kids. Skill-wise - yes Sam seems good at what he does. He was a solid shooter, solid ball handler, etc. The problem is he was slow. The college game seemed a bit too fast for him at times. He had trouble on defense, he had trouble getting his shot off and got into a bad habit of constantly falling away. Then he got hurt, which seemed to last forever. Tough to dig yourself out of a hole like that.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I may have missed it and don't feel like combing through this thread - is there a new date for the OV to Oregon, or is it still in rescheduling?

Reaction Score
Thanks. For some reason I thought that was the trip that was being rescheduled but I must have been mistaken.

I recall something about it originally being scheduled for later and it was moved up to this weekend, but I might be wrong.

Reaction Score
I've heard he may be a little unsure of the depth we already have. Sees potentially more PT at Oregon.

Reaction Score
That would be weird for him to be worried about depth. I would think he starts day 1 at the 4 spot or backs up both Facey at the 4 and Larrier at the 3 and still gets 20 min per game.

Reaction Score
I've heard he may be a little unsure of the depth we already have. Sees potentially more PT at Oregon.

Given that you've been the only one propagating the narrative that we're deep at forward, I question what you're hearing other than the voices in your head.

Jordan Bell is a much better player than anybody he'll be competing with for minutes here.

Reaction Score
Not sure I buy that.

Oregon SF/PFs: Dillon Brooks (32 mpg); Jordan Bell (20 mpg); Chris Boucher (26 mpg); Roman Sorkin (6 mpg); 2 incoming freshmen

UConn SF/PFs: Kentan Facey (13 mpg); 3 incoming freshmen

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
image.jpeg

Reaction Score
Given that you've been the only one propagating the narrative that we're deep at forward, I question what you're hearing other than the voices in your head.

Jordan Bell is a much better player than anybody he'll be competing with for minutes here.
I'll never understand the talk that we are deep at forward. We basically have zero proven depth at forward.

Reaction Score
That would be weird for him to be worried about depth. I would think he starts day 1 at the 4 spot or backs up both Facey at the 4 and Larrier at the 3 and still gets 20 min per game.

Well, same goes for MAL. Oz says he sees the depth here and may now be a Providence lean. Some guys don't want to compete for a starting position, some want to walk in day 1 and already have a starting spot.

Reaction Score
Not sure I buy that.

Oregon SF/PFs: Dillon Brooks (32 mpg); Jordan Bell (20 mpg); Chris Boucher (26 mpg); Roman Sorkin (6 mpg); 2 incoming freshmen

UConn SF/PFs: Kentan Facey (13 mpg); 3 incoming freshmen
Terry larrier?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

You're certifiable, a terrible poster, and generally flat-out wrong. So I'm going to take this as good news for us landing Jackson.

Among those in the recruiting 'know' on this board, I'd put you last, behind many of the old fogies on the woman's board as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom