SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland) | Page 12 | The Boneyard

SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@JimOllie talked to a player and passed on a tidbit of opinion from that player. As long as that fact is legit, I don't see how it matters whether the point is arguable on the merits. Somebody said what they said. Like all our 'inside' info, it is just 'for what it's worth. To say you talked to a player without disclosing the player's name seems proper to me, as long as the info is a truthful. I'd prefer to see such a post rather than shout it down because I don't have any sources on the team. What any member of the team thinks is at least interesting regardless how subsequent events play out.
Would be more interesting if we knew the player

Reaction Score
This JimOllie hunt is crazy. He has a source and it seems legit, but we also know the source is not Justin Jackson nor his mom or best friend, so likely it's just a rumor and that's fine. He's also labeled as a poster in a negative sense and I wonder why? I mean we all have threads we get into which we wish we didn't, say things which are more bias than true sometime as well as opinions which may or may not be correct. He's no different and anyone thinking they are right all the time or something special as a poster here needs to rethink about what the Boneyard is and why we are all here. JO's fine as a poster leave him alone, disagree when you want but don't think many of you are much better.

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
1. I can confirm what Oz said about MAL, he's not making that up. Right now it's a dead tie with us and Providence, but we can pull it out.
2. Nothing new with Jackson, I'll ask for an update during/after his Oregon visit
3. People are a little harsh with @JimOllie, but when you're knowingly making a controversial argument, you either have to be willing to take the L, or back it up with strong facts. Considering I believe he called himself a student in the past, and has spoken to a specifically named player(Enoch), about a specific recruit(Thompson), it may not be crazy to assume he ran into another player on campus somewhere and asked the question.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He is connected with Ollie though and I'm assuming that's where he got the info from.
To be "connected" to a coach as a player does not mean that the coach shares the intimacy of concerns of his recruits with his players. Information of pending
deals or other planning matters are normally shared only on a need to know basis in business or any other endeavor. The reason: risk. For instance, if what you
say is true, how do you think the potential recruit would feel if he was monitoring this board and sees this
disclosure of intimate talk with KO being shared all over the internet. Probably mere speculation at best.

Reaction Score
Given that you've been the only one propagating the narrative that we're deep at forward, I question what you're hearing other than the voices in your head.

Jordan Bell is a much better player than anybody he'll be competing with for minutes here.
This summed up the situation perfectly. People love being fed BS on here.
1. I can confirm what Oz said about MAL, he's not making that up. Right now it's a dead tie with us and Providence, but we can pull it out.
IMO it's way too early in his recruiting process. He's made it known he wants national offers and now has Duke tracking him. Once the summer is over we'll have a much better idea where things stand with him.

On the Jackson front.. Oregon assistant Michael Mennenga has deep ties to the Toronto AAU scene and must be the reason they're getting all these Canadians.
So both Maryland and Oregon have a history with his AAU team. Hopefully KO can overcome it. I'd kill to get this guy.

Reaction Score
It is. It's on Oz's twitter if you want to check it out. But I agree with you. After Diallo, MAL should be our top priority.
Not good, MAL needs to be our number 1 priority, think getting Diallo is going to be incredibly difficult.

Looks like Diallo is going to be number 1 guard in 2017 recruiting....

One and done guy.....

Play for Kentucky or Duke and play a big game almost every night and major networks that is putting out 3+ players in the first round almost every year.

Or

Play in the American conference...

Hopefully Diallo comes but I will be shocked if he does.

Reaction Score
Not good, MAL needs to be our number 1 priority, think getting Diallo is going to be incredibly difficult.

One and done guy.....

Play for Kentucky or Duke and play a big game almost every night and major networks that is putting out 3+ players in the first round almost every year.

Or

It's really tough to recruit a top 50 player at the same position (or height/defensive position at the least) 3 years in a row, ironically unless you're getting one and dones. It doesn't have much to do with priority.

Reaction Score
Back to Justin Jackson. It just can't be good he left without a commitment. Dammit, I know it's not over but I also know he's going to the land of 5,000 different uni's and lots of coin. Never good:eek:

I feel the exact same way but some guy here said that its a crazy notion to think him leaving without a commit means anything. I guess we will wait and see.
I thought the same thing about CV but he ended up coming to UCONN. However, we seemed to have more feedback that he really liked UCONN, its local and he has some good friends already on the roster here.
time will tell. We just have to sit and wait patiently.

Reaction Score

One and done guy.....

Or

Exactly. Ollie has done a tremendous job recruiting but it is just impossible for UConn to compete with the big name Power 5 schools when it comes to the Top 50 players.

caw

Reaction Score

One and done guy.....

Or

The SEC has big games? I mean it has the title of a power five conference bc of football but it's basketball isn't anything amazing. Better than the American top to bottom but what big games does UK have in the SEC with Donovan gone at UF. What is the marquee game there? Just for reference the SEC was 6th and the American 8th in conference RPI. That obviously includes the dreck at the bottom of the American.

Reaction Score
The SEC has big games? I mean it has the title of a power five conference bc of football but it's basketball isn't anything amazing. Better than the American top to bottom but what big games does UK have in the SEC with Donovan gone at UF. What is the marquee game there? Just for reference the SEC was 6th and the American 8th in conference RPI. That obviously includes the dreck at the bottom of the American.
Are you really posting that statement?

Lol, silly goose.

Kentucky almost every year is a top 10 team if not top 3.

Just about every game is on CBS (SEC contract w CBS) or ESPN.

Kentucky probably gets the most national attention over any other program.

It's not about comparing SEC to the American, if it was then it's a different story.

It's KENTUCKY, not Auburn or Tennessee.

Reaction Score
Are you really posting that statement?

Lol, silly goose.

Kentucky almost every year is a top 10 team if not top 3.

Just about every game is on CBS (SEC contract w CBS) or ESPN.

Kentucky probably gets the most national attention over any other program.

It's not about comparing SEC to the American, if it was then it's a different story.

It's KENTUCKY, not Auburn or Tennessee.

Ummm......Ebonz....earlier you wrote:

"Play for Kentucky or Duke and play a big game almost every night and major networks that is putting out 3+ players in the first round almost every year. Or play in the American conference..."

Doesn't "play a big game every night" refer to your conference schedule???? Especially since you then immediately wrote: "Or play in the American Conference".

Reaction Score
Can you guys just take this b******* somewhere else so people that are interested in recruiting can really find out some solid information

Reaction Score
Yeah this gets pretty annoying, the majority of us want tangibleupdates from the guys who pass them on, I see new posts and think maybe something has happened, and it's just someone crying that Brimah isn't good enough or bashing another poster, enough guys.

Reaction Score
Eh, everyone should know by now this is what these recruiting threads turn into when there is a lack of info over a sustained period of time. These threads are useful when the recruitment is ongoing, but turn into a complete cesspool once a player commits. The people who complain about it are just as tiresome as the people who take the thread completely off topic.

When new information gets out about Jackson and it's posted in this thread, the discussion will get back on track.

Reaction Score
Eh, everyone should know by now this is what these recruiting threads turn into when there is a lack of info over a sustained period of time. These threads are useful when the recruitment is ongoing, but turn into a complete cesspool once a player commits. The people who complain about it are just as tiresome as the people who take the thread completely off topic.

When new information gets out about Jackson and it's posted in this thread, the discussion will get back on track.
I agree, but if no new info is coming out, why post off topic things on this thread? Most of us are here for recruiting and recruiting updates, so the last thing we want is nonsense on a recruiting thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom