SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

SF Justin Jackson (picks Maryland)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The silence is deafening on JJ visit this weekend.
I have a very uneasy feeling about JJ as we just haven't heard anything and from what I am reading, it looks like he will indeed be taking his last OV to Oregon this weekend. Our chances of landing JJ go down significantly if he makes that visit. Our absolute best chance is to get the commit while he is here or before this weekend.
Getting JJ would be HUGE as he really looks like a serious player and Top50 kids are not usually available this late in the cycle.
Have not seen anything from OZ, which is a bit troubling. I think if it was good visit or he made a commit, OZ would have heard something thru the grapevine.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Oregon is really good at tricking recruits with shiny new facilities and locker rooms. Here's to hoping he cares about who he plays for.

Reaction Score
Do our chances really go down "significantly" if he waits a bit? The only way I can see that being true is if most people committed while on visits, and that doesn't seem to be the case at all. It seems quite rare for commitments to happen on a visit.

Reaction Score
I have a very uneasy feeling about JJ as we just haven't heard anything and from what I am reading, it looks like he will indeed be taking his last OV to Oregon this weekend. Our chances of landing JJ go down significantly if he makes that visit. Our absolute best chance is to get the commit while he is here or before this weekend.
Getting JJ would be HUGE as he really looks like a serious player and Top50 kids are not usually available this late in the cycle.
Have not seen anything from OZ, which is a bit troubling. I think if it was good visit or he made a commit, OZ would have heard something thru the grapevine.

There has been very little said about his entire recruitment, there wasn't much said about his Maryland visit, that was already covered on the first page of the thread.

Reaction Score
I know Oz - like any insider, he doesn't always have stuff, that doesn't mean anything. He's a great guy and well connected. He would share if he had something.

Reaction Score
I know Oz - like any insider, he doesn't always have stuff, that doesn't mean anything. He's a great guy and well connected. He would share if he had something.
Would be a great get, but an unexpected one as well.

Let's hope he decides to be a husky!

Reaction Score
When does he need to make his decision by?

Presumably he could wait until classes begin if he really wanted to... not sure what other deadline there'd be.

Reaction Score
It actually does seem kind of oddly quiet given his visit. It seems like during a visit weekend we usually hear more about the recruit and some of the players paling around or whatever and some stuff on social media but he is keeping a low profile I guess. I hope he had a good visit and decides to become a Husky!

Reaction Score
For the last freakin' time, just because a prospect didn't commit on a visit does not mean a school is out of the picture, or that their chances go down. One of the more asinine thoughts on this board.

Jackson's recruitment has been notoriously tight-lipped since he reopened it up. Silence means nothing but the norm here.

Reaction Score
vital.JPG

You also said the same thing after Vital went to visit his ideal school after visiting UConn. Jackson had a visit to Oregon scheduled and he is following through with his plans. Nothing to read from that other than he is checking out all his options so he can make an informed decision that fits him best.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
DOOMED!!!!!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
People should remember Vital visited, didn't commit(although he came close), visited UL, and later committed to us. I don't feel as strong about this one, but we're defenitly in this. Time will tell if he makes the trip to Oregon.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I never got a good impression from Thompson. But have heard better about Jackson.

Reaction Score
People should remember Vital visited, didn't commit(although he came close), visited UL, and later committed to us. I don't feel as strong about this one, but we're defenitly in this. Time will tell if he makes the trip to Oregon.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I never got a good impression from Thompson. But have heard better about Jackson.
Who you hearing is the favorite right now?

Reaction Score

I've heard the Jackson visit went well. Did not hear the same about Thompson. Pretty vague, though. I'm trying not to get ahead of myself.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Serious question: what entails a "bad" visit? Like did he not have enough fun, as childish as it sounds I can't imagine what else would make a kid dislike a visit.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I've heard the Jackson visit went well. Did not hear the same about Thompson. Pretty vague, though. I'm trying not to get ahead of myself.
Exactly, everything I'm being told on Jackson is pretty vague. Once I(hopefully) get specifics, i'll rush over here to post. There were never strong positive vibes from the Thompson visit. Not that he didn't like it, but it wasn't a great fit for him.

Reaction Score
Serious question: what entails a "bad" visit? Like did he not have enough fun, as childish as it sounds I can't imagine what else would make a kid dislike a visit.

Well, in Thompson's case, the visit wasn't good because the kid expressed misgivings with the coaching staff about where he'd fit next year, and they didn't have the answers he wanted.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The recruit(In some cases parents/coaches) and coach might not see eye to eye on certain things. Playing time, chemistry fit, role, position, etc.

Reaction Score
Well, in Thompson's case, the visit wasn't good because the kid expressed misgivings with the coaching staff about where he'd fit next year, and they didn't have the answers he wanted.
This kid looks way better than BIG T, much more versatile, much more of a game of
How basketball is played today and how Uconn plays as well.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
The recruit(In some cases parents/coaches) and coach might not see eye to eye on certain things. Playing time, chemistry fit, role, position, etc.
Interesting, thanks for the insight. In that case, by logic alone I guess we can deduce that JJ's visit went well with the "take the DHam role" pitch that we have been hearing about lately. All his interviews show him saying how he is multi-dimensional and sees himself as a do-it-all type of player. What program last season showed that they allow their players freedom in a position-less structure like Ollie and UConn did with Hamilton's near triple double averages. DHam going to the draft as an underclassman also not only opens up a spot for JJ's game style to simply plug-n-play, but also shows that UConn can help an unconventional player like that get a solid chance at the league. I like our chances here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom