Seton Hall Post Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Biggest worry. Best case scenario is possibly a bad ankle sprain. Just the fact that he couldn’t get back in the game and was limping fairly bad, I’d be surprised to see him back for at least 4 weeks.
I think we’ll see him against St Johns

Reaction Score
What? That was 5 days ago. They're 20 not senior citizens.
Did they not look tired to you? The sky isn’t falling here. It was one of those games. And yes, I blame travel. No need to fly to the west coast and back 5 days before our opener.

Reaction Score
4-16
At least I wasn't exaggerating.

Let's see how they recover from this one on Saturday. I'm disappointed only because I think Seton Hall is mediocre. I can take losing on the road to good teams. Last year's Xavier loss didn't bother me too much.

Reaction Score
Did they not look tired to you? The sky isn’t falling here. It was one of those games. And yes, I blame travel. No need to fly to the west coast and back 5 days before our opener.

5 days dude. They're college kids. There is a 0% chance they were tired because of a late game FIVE DAYS AGO. Good grief. You can't be serious.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
He was limping noticeably once he came back out. He also has an issue with his left thumb. Something happened during the first half when he asked out briefly to have some tape added then when he sat for fouls he was icing it.

Reaction Score
I’m still puzzled by our strategy for this game. Why we didn’t make them jump shooters was bizarre. We bailed them out a lot by fouling.

Samson has been figured out. Take him out of the pick and role and he turns into a ghost.

Our lack of athleticism got exposed and that caused turnovers. I think we had more turnovers than assists.

I think they had 20 points to our 0 in transition. Again, that is a problem.

I think what worries me is that the big east is full of teams with big physical guards. Marquette, providence, hall, Creighton. This could be a reoccurring problem.

Need DC to get healthy, and need guards to step up. Hopefully freshmen learn from this one.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
5 days dude. They're college kids. There is a 0% chance they were tired because of a late game FIVE DAYS AGO. Good grief. Some of you people habe the critical thinking of an aardvark
They didn’t look tired but did not run sets with any purpose. My wife thought they played like they knew they would win!

Reaction Score
I didn’t see fatigue. I saw a team who was stunned and frustrated by the level of physicality SH was playing and getting away with. They’ll adjust.

Reaction Score
Might be time for Newton to become the alpha dog. This team needs a Kemba. A Shabazz. An AJax

Reaction Score
WTF happened? Went out to dinner with friends and just saw the score. Will need to read the threads to get caught up and the pending doom and gloom.

Reaction Score
Well he was 2-3 tonight. I think if he’s inserted back into the starting lineup and gets the minutes he can start to assert himself more.
The basket he made in the second half was a double clutch thing where he was smothered and I don’t think he even saw the rim. Yay that it went in, I guess, but that’s not a blueprint for success. I would frankly probably rather see him shoot 2-10 while creating good open looks for himself (and others) so that he looks like he has upside than go 2-3 and create almost nothing and get a lucky bucket.

I’m trying to be patient because that was a significant chunk of time he missed, and that was time needed to get comfortable and adjust to the speed of the college game. So now he’s catching up a little bit and hopefully he just needs a breakthrough game to find his confidence and read the game and the tighter shooting/passing windows than he’s used to from high school. Maybe a up tempo open floor game with St. John’s will help loosen him up. But at the moment, I mean, we can’t sugarcoat it, he’s a downgrade from Andre Jackson on offense, and that was not something I expected. I don‘t care about the numbers yet, I would just like to see some flashes of potential from him where I can feel like in March he can go get us a bucket (or make a play). Because we lost our two top scorers and our top passer from last year …and we do have a need for someone to be able to have the ball in their hands besides Newton.

Reaction Score
I don't know, he was very good against Texas and UNC, and pretty good against Indiana, Kansas and Gonzaga. Can't overreact to 1 game. They shouldn't have to lean on him to be the best player on the team.
Agreed. Karaban's pretty much the exact same player except that his shot has been way off, which is likely due to the finger injury he seemed to have recently. He's always struggled a bit defensively with those stronger bullying forwards who go at him in iso. He still does a lot of things well and regularly scores double digits even when the 3 isn't falling. Nothing to worry about IMO.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The basket he made in the second half was a double clutch thing where he was smothered and I don’t think he even saw the rim. Yay that it went in, I guess, but that’s not a blueprint for success. I would frankly probably rather see him shoot 2-10 while creating good open looks for himself (and others) so that he looks like he has upside than go 2-3 and create almost nothing and get a lucky bucket.

I’m trying to be patient because that was a significant chunk of time he missed, and that was time needed to get comfortable and adjust to the speed of the college game. So now he’s catching up a little bit and hopefully he just needs a breakthrough game to find his confidence and read the game and the tighter shooting/passing windows than he’s used to from high school. Maybe a up tempo open floor game with St. John’s will help loosen him up. But at the moment, I mean, we can’t sugarcoat it, he’s a downgrade from Andre Jackson on offense, and that was not something I expected. I don‘t care about the numbers yet, I would just like to see some flashes of potential from him where I can feel like in March he can go get us a bucket (or make a play). Because we lost our two top scorers and our top passer from last year …and we do have a need for someone to be able to have the ball in their hands besides Newton.
I agree he hasn’t been playing too well on offense currently. I think it’s moreso just about getting the time on the floor to adjust and shake off his rust. I’m with most people in the thread and having him start and be more of a focal point so he can get acclimated faster.

Solo isn’t bringing much to the starting group if he’s just going to be a catch and shoot guy who’s not shooting to well.

Reaction Score
Soriano will feast if Clingan can’t play.

UConn looked completely off its game and they’re not getting it fixed in two days. Book a double digit loss at home to the Johnnie’s.

January is starting early this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01