Senior Bowl Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Senior Bowl Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Quote: Connecticut’s Blidi Wreh-Wilson was late to the party on one slant route to Syracuse’s Alex Lemon, and he seemed a tad late on quick cuts.

Quote: Connecticut's Dwayne Gratz lost inside position on Syracuse's Alex Lemon on a deep sideline route to the right, allowing Lemon to move back toward the numbers and make the grab.

Note who the receiver was who gave both our guys trouble. It mirrors what occurred in our games against Syracuse. Alex Lemon is a very talented receiver and I think will excel at next level.

Reaction Score
Quote: Connecticut’s Blidi Wreh-Wilson was late to the party on one slant route to Syracuse’s Alex Lemon, and he seemed a tad late on quick cuts.

Quote: Connecticut's Dwayne Gratz lost inside position on Syracuse's Alex Lemon on a deep sideline route to the right, allowing Lemon to move back toward the numbers and make the grab.

Note who the receiver was who gave both our guys trouble. It mirrors what occurred in our games against Syracuse. Alex Lemon is a very talented receiver and I think will excel at next level.

Alex is a good wr, but I wouldn't make that connection, db's get beat, nassib is also at the senior game. It's an offensive game and the wr gets the benefit of knowing where he needs to go and the db trying to contain. The cuse game was a train wreck, the defense was on the field too long. I hope this thread doesn't get hijacked.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
• It looked as if Robinson would get the best of UConn's Blidi Wreh-Wilson (6-0⅝, 192), but again, Wreh-Wilson is so smooth and so under control, that he was able to recover on the little separation Robinson did get. Wreh-Wilson didn't have a flashy day today, but he plays under control, fluid and is always where he's supposed to be. ESPN.com

Reaction Score
I hope one of the cb's goes to the G-men. We need some secondary help. I'll take griffin or delahunt too. Fits a need, why not moore or williams for that matter. We need pass rushers and lb's.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I hope one of the cb's goes to the G-men. We need some secondary help. I'll take griffin or delahunt too. Fits a need, why not moore or williams for that matter. We need pass rushers and lb's.

I think Gratz would fit the Giant's scheme the best. They love to press and have physical corners that support the run.
Sio Moore would be an excellent weakside linebacker for the Giant's. I love his ability off the edge to rush the passer and think he plays the run very well. His coverage skills are okay but need work.

I think of these players plus Williams and Wilson get drafted.

Reaction Score
Speaking of Ryan Griffin, what is he up to? Is he in any of these games? Haven't been on this board as much since basketball started up but I still think Griffin, Williams, Sio, Gratz, and BWW get drafted.

Reaction Score
-Also of Note: CB Dwayne Gratz of UConn showed great press coverage ability and pinched on inside routes very well. But when asked to work vertical, he struggled to stay tight to his receiver, lost his speed too quickly downfield, and didn’t turn his head to the ball very well. Upon further review, he struggled this week, despite flashing

....Ouch....

Reaction Score
-Also of Note: CB Dwayne Gratz of UConn showed great press coverage ability and pinched on inside routes very well. But when asked to work vertical, he struggled to stay tight to his receiver, lost his speed too quickly downfield, and didn’t turn his head to the ball very well. Upon further review, he struggled this week, despite flashing

....Ouch....

Saw that earler. Guess we have to check back after t game to see any movement.

http://www.optimumscouting.com/rankings/static/cb-rankings.html

Reaction Score
Saw that earler. Guess we have to check back after t game to see any movement.

http://www.optimumscouting.com/rankings/static/cb-rankings.html

Yeah I mean everyone does these day-to-day observations and then says that the Senior Bowl as a whole is 10% of the evaluation, so I think BWW and DG definitely improved themselves and Sio exploded his, Todd McShay and the ESPN draft team has a whole article dedicated to him

Reaction Score
http://ramview.blogspot.com/2013/01/senior-bowl-2013-north-practice-day-2.html

* The UConn backs continued to struggle, along with Will Davis (Utah State), who got beat by every move anybody tried. Dwayne Gratz jams and gets physical effectively but is lost in space. He looked better in 11-on-11, where he made a good play to shut down an end run and would have had an opportunity to light up Alec Lemon (Syracuse) on an ill-advised throw from Ryan Nassib. Robinson and Mellette are at the bottom of the North’s receiver pack, but had little trouble beating Blidi Wreh-Wilson.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised at the reports on BWW but not Gratz. Gratz to me needs to be moved to safety like Branch and be a physical presence against the run.

Reaction Score
You would think that Silver spends a lot of time on this board from his comments.

Please bring this somewhere else, I know you didn't mean for it, but now the vultures will start talking about the talent of 4 guys on a 85 man roster and hijack this thread....which is meant for the 3 guys playing in one of the bigger games of their career

Reaction Score
Please bring this somewhere else, I know you didn't mean for it, but now the vultures will start talking about the talent of 4 guys on a 85 man roster and hijack this thread....which is meant for the 3 guys playing in one of the bigger games of their career

Standard play for an apologist is to be disingenuous. 8 seniors from this year's roster were invited to play in postseason All Star bowls that basically serve as camps for NFL Scouts who identify players by name because their employers are interested in drafting them.

Last year the Big East sent 3 players total to the Senior Bowl. This year UConn sent as many as the entire conference sent last year to the premier postseason bowl in the country.

If you add in some of the stud underclassmen who will undoubtedly play in bowls like this when they are seniors, you actually have a pretty damn talented roster.

Which is a far cry from the story that the John Silvers and Desmond Conners have been telling us.

Reaction Score
Standard play for an apologist is to be disingenuous. 8 seniors from this year's roster were invited to play in postseason All Star bowls that basically serve as camps for NFL Scouts who identify players by name because their employers are interested in drafting them.

Last year the Big East sent 3 players total to the Senior Bowl. This year UConn sent as many as the entire conference sent last year to the premier postseason bowl in the country.

If you add in some of the stud underclassmen who will undoubtedly play in bowls like this when they are seniors, you actually have a pretty damn talented roster.

Which is a far cry from the story that the John Silvers and Desmond Conners have been telling us.

And again missing the main point of this thread is meant to glorify the accomplishments of three huskies chasing their dream and you're ruining it talking about a subject that has been beaten more than a red-headed stepchild.....get over it and move on

Reaction Score
And again missing the main point of this thread is meant to glorify the accomplishments of three huskies chasing their dream and you're ruining it talking about a subject that has been beaten more than a red-headed stepchild.....get over it and move on

They are glorified. It's acknowledging the talent level of this team.

Reaction Score
They are glorified. It's acknowledging the talent level of this team.

God you're like a small child that is just searching for attention

This is the last thing I will say you keep saying the talent level of this "team".....but only 4 players made it to a MAJOR all-star game and they were all on defense (lets be honest a couple players in all-star games that were created this year doesn't count)

When was the last time we had a receiver go for 1000 yards? (hint: LONG TIME)

How about a Quarterback that threw for over 3000 yards in a season? (hint: 2004 Dan-O)

When was the last time a receiver went for double digit touchdowns? (hint: LONG TIME)

I mean I could go on, but I think my point is made and no matter what you're going to keep coming back to the wildcat or the use of timeouts, which by the way I think is completely ludicrous that people keep talking about this....its just a couple timeouts, get over it, they definitely did NOT cost any games

This team has not been OVERALL talented in a long time, a few extremely talented PLAYERS have been on the team that made up for deficiencies aka Donald Brown and Jordan Todman making up for the fact we haven't had a legit QB in forever

So keep going on and on about ghost reasons to hate HCPP and expect that he could turn coal into diamonds in NOT EVEN two years.....just incredible

Reaction Score
Coal into diamonds? You really buy into that the team was merely coal? You're out of your mind.

Your point is simply that the team wasn't talented. Which justifies Coach Blue's lack of results. And that assertion couldn't be anymore wrong.

You can't celebrate the fact that UConn sent MORE players to the Senior Bowl as the entire conference sent last season in one breath and then claim the team wasn't that talented.

You're absurd. Maybe you have some sort of familial connection to this guy.

You can keep twisting and conniving, but it doesn't change the fact that Coach Blue is a failure.

Good thing we just poached a recruit from UMass though.

God you're like a small child that is just searching for attention

This is the last thing I will say you keep saying the talent level of this "team".....but only 4 players made it to a MAJOR all-star game and they were all on defense (lets be honest a couple players in all-star games that were created this year doesn't count)

When was the last time we had a receiver go for 1000 yards? (hint: LONG TIME)

How about a Quarterback that threw for over 3000 yards in a season? (hint: 2004 Dan-O)

When was the last time a receiver went for double digit touchdowns? (hint: LONG TIME)

I mean I could go on, but I think my point is made and no matter what you're going to keep coming back to the wildcat or the use of timeouts, which by the way I think is completely ludicrous that people keep talking about this....its just a couple timeouts, get over it, they definitely did NOT cost any games

This team has not been OVERALL talented in a long time, a few extremely talented PLAYERS have been on the team that made up for deficiencies aka Donald Brown and Jordan Todman making up for the fact we haven't had a legit QB in forever

So keep going on and on about ghost reasons to hate HCPP and expect that he could turn coal into diamonds in NOT EVEN two years.....just incredible

Reaction Score
Coal into diamonds? You really buy into that the team was merely coal? You're out of your mind.

Your point is simply that the team wasn't talented. Which justifies Coach Blue's lack of results. And that assertion couldn't be anymore wrong.

You can't celebrate the fact that UConn sent MORE players to the Senior Bowl as the entire conference sent last season in one breath and then claim the team wasn't that talented.

You're absurd. Maybe you have some sort of familial connection to this guy.

You can keep twisting and conniving, but it doesn't change the fact that Coach Blue is a failure.

Good thing we just poached a recruit from UMass though.

The point many of us have tried to make is that the OFFENSE wasn't very talented. None of what you said has anything to do with that.

Many of us that hold this opinion ALSO think that the staff didn't do a good job. It is possible to have the opinion that the offense lacked talent and the coaches didn't do a great job.

Add in a few bad plays by players that have nothing to do with coaching and you end up 5-7.

Reaction Score
The point many of us have tried to make is that the OFFENSE wasn't very talented. None of what you said has anything to do with that.

Many of us that hold this opinion ALSO think that the staff didn't do a good job. It is possible to have the opinion that the offense lacked talent and the coaches didn't do a great job.

Add in a few bad plays by players that have nothing to do with coaching and you end up 5-7.

Everyone knows that the offense wasn't as talented. The point many of us have also tried to make is that the chosen scheme was a poor one given the talent available.

You have to plan for mistakes by players in a new system. Through bad, and horribly predictable play calling the team withered away offensively. And yet in the first half of games, they still made plays.

There is no denying that the team built fairly significant first half leads against teams only to see them disappear in the second half, as the offensive coordinator was unable to make up for the defense's adjustments.

The bad coaching was a far more significant factor than the perceived lack of talent. Coaches are supposed to get more out what's available not stymie them and get less.

Reaction Score

Comparatively, it was a talented offense. more than enough WRs to make a go, a talented QB, more than enough depth and experience on the line, 2 TEs who are good. When I watch them, I see an OL that protects the pocket pretty well, and they get blamed for a coaching staff that insists on 7 step drops and rolling the QB into the rush. If you gave a coach who can teach quick drops this much talent, he'd have these kids rolling up the points.

Reaction Score
Comparatively, it was a talented offense. more than enough WRs to make a go, a talented QB, more than enough depth and experience on the line, 2 TEs who are good. When I watch them, I see an OL that protects the pocket pretty well, and they get blamed for a coaching staff that insists on 7 step drops and rolling the QB into the rush. If you gave a coach who can teach quick drops this much talent, he'd have these kids rolling up the points.

Pretty sure P and D have heard of 3 step drops and the no huddle. They chose not to employ 3 step drops, god only knows why.

For all I could tell, Pasqualoni's future strategy was to hope Whitmer recovered from concussions faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom