Selection Show thread (7 ET, ESPN) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Selection Show thread (7 ET, ESPN)

Reaction Score
Hosed? It's not much of a surprise - the committee has been clear all season that they didn't think much of MD's schedule.

Which is total a cop out.

87-81 to UConn and how they played us last year speaks volumes in how to pick who a really good team is.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Interesting about Duke and Maryland…normally I'd say there's not a great deal of difference between being the lowest #2 seed and the highest #3 seed (as I suspect those two teams were), but a potential second-round matchup against West Virginia is a rough draw for that top #3 seed.

Also, would it kill the committee, just once, to refrain from putting another AAC team in our region? Seriously?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Oh please. Some of these teams with in the so called tough conference with their high RPI's are some of the teams who have lost to UConn by 50-60 points.
Like who?

Not saying that Maryland isn't better than their #9 national seed, but their weak OOC dropped their power numbers, as did a weak conference. The committee doesn't reward you just because you played UConn close.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wow, Miami hosting. Got a huge bump from their FSU win in the ACCT.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
629.gif

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If they can advance, Oregon St. has to be much happier w/ a Regional Final in Stockton this year compared to playing Baylor in Dallas last year.

Reaction Score
I keep hearing about Maryland having a weak OOC schedule. Was it weaker than UConns conference schedule? I am not asking rhetorically, I am sitting squarely on the fence about this.

Reaction Score
I keep hearing about Maryland having a weak OOC schedule. Was it weaker than UConns conference schedule? I am not asking rhetorically, I am sitting squarely on the fence about this.
Maryland's conference also sucks and isn't that much better if at all than the AAC, so I don't know if UConn's conference schedule matters with respect to your question.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
MD must feel pretty snake bit. At least they look excited unlike syracuse who looks dead on arrival.

Their was a delay... they were probably a minute behind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom