SEC Tourney | Page 3 | The Boneyard

SEC Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Come on Little Carolina.... you really want to be in Greensboro .... and we really want you to be here in Greensboro

Reaction Score
Peck has been making ridiculous statements all weekend, per usual. I can't believe they still have her calling games. At least they've replaced her in the studio.

If Tennessee loses, I don't know how anyone can put them in as a 1 seed if Maryland wins tonight. Maryland has only 2 loses on the year (1 of those losses to guaranteed #1 seed Notre Dame), is on a 23 game win streak (24 if they win tonight), and went undefeated in the Big 10. Tennessee, in the meantime, will have 5 loses on the season. Yes, 3 of those loses will have been to #1 seeds (1 to ND and 2 to SC), but Maryland deserves the 1 Seed over Tennessee at this point, they haven't lost since early December and went undefeated in a power 5 conference.

Now, if Tennessee wins this game AND Maryland wins tonight, I think there will be some interesting discussions over the next week, but as it stands right now, Tennessee should be a #2 seed and Maryland should get that final #1.

But, who knows, the Committee has made bizarre decisions in the past and the Tennessee/SEC love-fest may win out over Maryland's record.

EDIT: Well, I think SC has put a stamp on this one, up 18 with under 2 minutes to go.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Come on Little Carolina.... you really want to be in Greensboro .... and we really want you to be here in Greensboro
Do you live in the Greensboro area? i'm going to be in that neck of the woods this week.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Yes. Little Carolina (as Triad says) is gonna win its first SEC Tourney Title.

Look, I have said this all season, Tennessee and South Carolina may be good teams and may get #1 seeds but just like last year they have offense lapses and some teams will seize that and sneak in a upset in the NCAA tourney.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Tennessee got off the court and inside the tunnel quick........ almost as fast as FSU

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
Congrats, Cockhrn...y'all deserved it today. We were just pathetic from the 4:00 mark of the first half on. No excuses...we just sucked tonight. Not representative of how we have been playing since Izzy went down...including the 1st loss to SC. Hope we can rebound and have a good NCAA run.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Tennessee had to win to secure a #1 seed. It'll be a shame if they are put in UCONN's regional if they go by the geographic curve. I remember in 2006 they were the top 2 seed and had the joy of playing 32-1 #1 overall seed North Carolina in the regional final rather than playing a weaker #1 seed, a la Ohio State, who probably didn't deserve the #1 seed to being with. I think they've proven they desersve the top #2 seed over the likes of Baylor, Oregon State, Louisville, etc. FSU has a good claim, but I'd put Tennessee above FSU.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Congrats, Cockhrn...y'all deserved it today. We were just pathetic from the 4:00 mark of the first half on. No excuses...we just sucked tonight. Not representative of how we have been playing since Izzy went down...including the 1st loss to SC. Hope we can rebound and have a good NCAA run.
If it's any consolation, I thought both teams looked like they were rushing, playing too fast, and, as Geno says, playing out of their minds. I think both teams were too keyed up for the win and SC was just lucky enough to make a few more shots.

VFLfan

Vol For Life
Reaction Score
If it's any consolation, I thought both teams looked like they were rushing, playing too fast, and, as Geno says, playing out of their minds. I think both teams were too keyed up for the win and SC was just lucky enough to make a few more shots.

Well thanks for that...still sucks to lose and not play your best. I just hate it for the girls because they really have been playing better lately. Today, we just didn't show it. Have to get over that hump. I don't know how they will...hope they can figure it out.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Do you live in the Greensboro area? i'm going to be in that neck of the woods this week.

Yes... I'm a resident of Greensboro. I wish the weather would be nicer for your visit...... the forecast calls for a good chance of rain from tuesday until saturday..... but at least it will be warmer.

Yes. Little Carolina (as Triad says) is gonna win its first SEC Tourney Title.

Look, I have said this all season, Tennessee and South Carolina may be good teams and may get #1 seeds but just like last year they have offense lapses and some teams will seize that and sneak in a upset in the NCAA tourney.

I would like to see FSU/SC battle.......

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Well thanks for that...still sucks to lose and not play your best. I just hate it for the girls because they really have been playing better lately. Today, we just didn't show it. Have to get over that hump. I don't know how they will...hope they can figure it out.
I have tickets to the Albany Regional and am really, really hoping Tennessee is the #2 seed there. If they are, and you come up for the game, come to our get together and I'll buy you the beverage of your choice.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

I really want to be in Greensboro. I'd have to think really hard before going to OKC. Seattle would be out of the question.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

You had a good season. I think you guys just ran out of gas with your depleted numbers. Our depth really paid off today.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I really want to be in Greensboro. I'd have to think really hard before going to OKC. Seattle would be out of the question.

Hopefully Seattle would be out of the question....... especially since the regional is in Spokane :p

Not sure if you have checked already...... but i saw the start times for the games in Greensboro. 7pm and 9:30pm on Friday :eek: and 12 noon tipoff for the regional final.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Hopefully Seattle would be out of the question.. especially since the regional is in Spokane :p

Not sure if you have checked already. but i saw the start times for the games in Greensboro. 7pm and 9:30pm on Friday :eek: and 12 noon tipoff for the regional final.
Oops, right. See how much I've paid attention to that possibility? Spokane would be even more out of the question.

I did check and it means I'd only have to take one day off from work, which would make me very happy. It shouldn't matter...I get 5 weeks a year, I just feel guilty taking time on short notice.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Oops, right. See how much I've paid attention to that possibility? Spokane would be even more out of the question.

I did check and it means I'd only have to take one day off from work, which would make me very happy. It shouldn't matter...I get 5 weeks a year, I just feel guilty taking time on short notice.
Slacker. How do you expect the SEC to get to the next level unless you are willing to ping pong between Greensboro and Spokane? If you want to boost the SEC up to the level of the AAC, you need to get around and boost the attendance figures.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Slacker. How do you expect the SEC to get to the next level unless you are willing to ping pong between Greensboro and Spokane? If you want to boost the SEC up to the level of the AAC, you need to get around and boost the attendance figures.

Of course; why should I worry about the need to make a living?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Of course; why should I worry about the need to make a living?
C'mon, sell some t-shirts with catchyc G-c-ock expressions. Look, when you got a team called the G-c-ocks, you have a huge protruding advantage over the Husky fans, and you need to take advantage of it. How do you think the Austin Peay fans or Philander Smith fans strut their stuff, you gotta go with the flow

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
C'mon, sell some t-shirts with catchyc G-c-ock expressions. Look, when you got a team called the G-c-ocks, you have a huge protruding advantage over the Husky fans, and you need to take advantage of it. How do you think the Austin Peay fans or Philander Smith fans strut their stuff, you gotta go with the flow

Well, we certainly have some catchy t-shirts and bumper stickers.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Well, we certainly have some catchy t-shirts and bumper stickers.
Sell us some."Watch out where the Huskies go . . . " has it's limitations, since huskies don't wander far off the trail.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Sell us some."Watch out where the Huskies go . . . " has it's limitations, since huskies don't wander far off the trail.

Well, Columbia is the double entendre capital of the world, so I can't post the best ones on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom