SEC Tourney | The Boneyard

SEC Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Interesting to see the higher seeded LSU against the Top 25 ranked TAMU team.

LSU beats the Aggies 71-65.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Massengale just became the third Lady Vol with 1,000 points and 500 assist.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
UTenn probably just kicked Georgia out of the Tourney if the selectors aren't full of SEC moonshine, and LSU taking out Texas A&M is no surprise, as the Aggies are poised for an early exit, while LSU is gaining some steam and might repeat last years' Sweet 16 appearance.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
DobbsRover2 said:
UTenn probably just kicked Georgia out of the Tourney if the selectors aren't full of SEC moonshine, and LSU taking out Texas A&M is no surprise, as the Aggies are poised for an early exit, while LSU is gaining some steam and might repeat last years' Sweet 16 appearance.

Lsu always seem to finish the season strong

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm not convinced aTm will even make it out of the first round but for sure they won't make it past the 2nd. LSU seems like they own aTm. BUT I don't see LSU making it to the sweet 16. Crappy overall record and they will end up probably what a 10 or 11 seed? they will be facing higher seeds every step of the way pretty much. Creme had them facing Syracuse in round 1 - a winnable game, but round 2 potentially vs. the 3 seed in the region? I'd be surprised...

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Sure, but I definitely thought LSU shouldn't have gotten a ticket last year, and they end up knocking off a #2 seed on the way to the Sweet 16. So predictions are all fun and dandy, but then there are teams that just decide to go and bust up your notions of what they should do.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
LSU sure started a mess - and having Ballard suspended probably added to that in a lot of different ways. But, they have come together with some cohesion. That being said, TAMU has been a up & down team all season, so I'm not putting much faith in the Tigers simply because of this win.

Besides, many experts on this board have told me Caldwell can't coach. :)

Reaction Score
SC put up a whopping 58 points against unranked razorbacks. They remind me of rutgers at times. Gonna be hard to best teams that average well over 80 and you struggle to score 60.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Mississippi State taking it to the wildcats 54-39 with 15 minutes to go

Kentucky looks tired

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Not sure what happened while I was watching Oregon state go down but Kentucky has stormed back and taken the lead 67-60

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
#6 seed Kentucky beats #3 seed Mississippi State 76-67

Seeds don't hold in sec tourney

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Massengale just became the third Lady Vol with 1,000 points and 500 assist.

Congrats to her, particularly on the assists. Seems a common complaint among some VolNation posters that the Lady Vols don't pass the ball around enough. In fact, that's an area where most posters give at least grudging respect to UConn.

Reaction Score
Congrats to her, particularly on the assists. Seems a common complaint among some VolNation posters that the Lady Vols don't pass the ball around enough. In fact, that's an area where most posters give at least grudging respect to UConn.
If Massengale was on the UConn squad, she wouldn't even be in the top 10 in assists.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
If Massengale was on the UConn squad, she wouldn't even be in the top 10 in assists.

Except that had she been a Huskie and had comparable minutes to her LV career, I believe her assist numbers would have been higher just because the style of play UConn emphasizes would have demanded it.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Yes I just think that is a nice accomplishment. She has had a good career. Just had some injuries or numbers could be even better.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Not sure what happened while I was watching Oregon state go down but Kentucky has stormed back and taken the lead 67-60
You definitely did jinx the Bulldogs, because they immediately went on a 24-4 run after you posted about them being down 59-45 last night. Kentucky may want to hire you as a Vol jinxer for tonight's game.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Pretty lackluster effort from SC so far. Losing at the half.

HGN

Reaction Score
LSU does not look like they want this game....Too many dumb plays. If the Huskies made these plays Geno would stroke out. LSU leading at the half but I don't think it's going to hold up for long once 2nd half gets started.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
I think the recipe on how to beat South Carolina has been printed and teams are doing their homework. LSU may lose this game but they are sure giving it all they have.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
These fouls will kill them- but they continue to expose So Carolina weaknesses!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Oh my ... now that I hear the screechy yelling by SC coach, maybe Nikki McCray (?) is ruining the game ... it's like women's tennis. Cannot believe players cannot do anything without that direction.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It's a blowout now. SC got a huge lift from Tiny Roy who has 5 threes.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Tennessee looked good against Georgia. That said, Georgia is awful without Barbee in the lineup. Shame she was out for the season. Graves looks most comfortable utilizing her ability to beat defenders off the dribble and being able hit mid range jumpers. Some what similar to Tuck in that regard. It'll be interesting to see how she responds next season with a big center in Russell manning the post. I think she does better without another post inside. Tennessee's bench looked good, but again, it was against a weak opponent.

Kentucky is so streaky, but I believe they are a better team than most give them credit for. Epps and O'Neil may not be consistent, but both are capable of having absolutely monster nights. Kentucky as a team has good athletes and has shown great comeback ability, as evidenced tonight and in other games this season. If Kentucky can beat Tennessee tomorrow, they'll have wins against Baylor, Louisville, Mississippi State (2x), South Carolina and Tennessee. I know a lot of people are high on Sagarin's ratings, but there's no way IMO that Kentucky is only the 21st best team in the country with that resume. They do have bad losses, but I think they have the ability to upset any team in the nation outside of Connecticut.

Tennessee vs. Kenucky should be a good match up tomorrow. Tennessee won a nail biter in their first matchup and won handily in round 2. Kentucky has traditionally done well in the SEC Tournament and seems primed for an upset tomorow.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I only caught the 2nd half, for USC looked good. There ewas a stretch where Coates was being guarded one on one and USC spread the floor and passed the ball around on the perimeter under there was a good opening to feed Coates. Once she received the ball she was unstoppable. She had a few buckets in a row and then Dawn took her out. I don't know why, but Coates has the skills and frame to be averaging 15/10 every night. Next year she'll see more minutes with Welsch/Ibiam graduating. Tina Roy was outstanding. If she shoots like that against UCONN, it's a different ball game. USC looked strong but they are not particularly smooth offensively. USC has tremendous depth but is a year or two away from being a true title threat IMO.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
I've been trying to figure out why Matthew Mitchell looks different.

Figured it out.

He left his hair gel at home :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member