2023 Recruiting: - Scotty Middleton, "I want coaches who aren't going to tell me what I want to hear" | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Scotty Middleton, "I want coaches who aren't going to tell me what I want to hear"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are we concerned that if Castle is such a key recruiter and he does not follow Middleton on Instagram?
With absolutely no inside info, I'd assume he'd rather be teammates with Coen Carr over Scotty Middleton.

I'd be ecstatic if we landed either of them

Reaction Score
Can't be losing to Seton Hall. They felt so good about Sanogo before Hurley swooped in and stole him. What is Seton Hall anyway? A dorm at Iona. Hopefully Middleton comes to his senses. The world will be right.

Reaction Score
Well, the rumor about him announcing his commitment date on Instagram on Wednesday never happened, so who knows what the actual timeline is here. Seems like we may still be very much in the running, but certainly not a lock so the staff is hedging their bets and putting more irons in the fire with Carr and Stewart.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t it feel like every time there’s a weird turn in recruitment it goes against us?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
No disrespect. But when a commitment was imminent and signs were pointing to UConn you say hearing UConn. Now, after, more information comes out and a commitment is not actually imminent and he appears to still be undecided, you then say that you hear we are still in the running. Guessing much?

You cannot follow “no disrespect” with actual disrespect.

“Why did your information change when the information changed?” is not the ‘gotcha’ you seem to think it is.

Reaction Score
No disrespect. But when a commitment was imminent and signs were pointing to UConn you say hearing UConn. Now, after, more information comes out and a commitment is not actually imminent and he appears to still be undecided, you then say that you hear we are still in the running. Guessing much?

This, ladies and (mostly) gentleman, is why our insiders stop posting info on the public board. Then we get left with clowns that don't actually have really info spewing nonsense, while the good posters like @husky99 are getting crapped on.

Reaction Score
You cannot follow “no disrespect” with actual disrespect.

“Why did your information change when the information changed?” is not the ‘gotcha’ you seem to think it is.
Didn't you know "no disrespect/offense" is carte blanche to say whatever you want without repercussions. It's the talking equivalent of putting your flashers on to let you park wherever you want

Reaction Score
No disrespect, but stupid posts like this are why insiders stop posting here. First, you believe him when he shares news, then you accuse him of guessing.

Reaction Score
No disrespect, but stupid posts like this are why insiders stop posting here. First, you believe him when he shares news, then you accuse him of guessing.
100% Agree..Technically the story hasn't changed. No one said he gave a verbal commit. Hearing UConn vs. Still in the running is the same thing.

Reaction Score
100% Agree..Technically the story hasn't changed. No one said he gave a verbal commit. Hearing UConn vs. Still in the running is the same thing.
Clearly not the same thing as Husky99 points out. He heard on Sunday Middleton to UConn is a done deal, seriously being in the running isn't at all the same as done deal.

Reaction Score
Well now this isn't accurate either. @husky99 himself admits his story has changed, because what he has been hearing has changed. The point is there's no need to insult people that are just passing along what they hear. We message board losers live for that stuff!

Reaction Score
i'd rather have coen than scotty. recruiting a W that can't shoot seemed like a 180 based on our other '22 and '23 targets. it's just that a bird in hand is worth two in the bush. plus you just feel bad for staff putting in all that effort to possibly come up short. someone will have stolen a guy out of KU's backyard even if they werent really interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom