2023 Recruiting: - Scotty Middleton, "I want coaches who aren't going to tell me what I want to hear" | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Scotty Middleton, "I want coaches who aren't going to tell me what I want to hear"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The boneyard is freaking out because we offered a couple of other guys. That’s due diligence. There’s almost no reason to believe somethings changed. Husky Paranoia

Yup. Just let it play out.

Reaction Score
The boneyard is freaking out because we offered a couple of other guys. That’s due diligence. There’s almost no reason to believe somethings changed. Husky Paranoia
It’s not the most settling, but we’re losing it about a kid who didn’t even commit to us lol.

It’s not like he committed, then there was rumbling about a decommitment & all this started to happen

Reaction Score
Or he was never a lock here in the first place.

Reaction Score
We appreciate the insight!
49DCE60C-13A1-49CB-82EF-54733742D564.jpeg

Reaction Score

Stop it ain't no one here freaking out. We're on a message board and asking normal questions about a recruit. The same questions are asked on all CBB message boards this isn't unique to the BY.

Reaction Score
It’s not the most settling, but we’re losing it about a kid who didn’t even commit to us lol.

It’s not like he committed, then there was rumbling about a decommitment & all this started to happen
freaking out over losing a top 50 guy that we thought was a lock is par for the course. we would just be freaking out even more over a decommit.

Reaction Score

Some people create narratives of what they think will happen or what they wish would happen and then get mad when the reality doesn’t match.

Reaction Score
Agree. Very different. Asking around for more info
No disrespect. But when a commitment was imminent and signs were pointing to UConn you say hearing UConn. Now, after, more information comes out and a commitment is not actually imminent and he appears to still be undecided, you then say that you hear we are still in the running. Guessing much?

Reaction Score
it's called being human

Then you’re not understanding what I am saying. Being human is- I like that dude, hope they get him. They didn’t? That sucks, lemme kick this trash can.

This next level stuff is some person, like, looking at who follows who on Instagram, looking for connections that aren’t there, convincing themselves that their fantasy is reality and then going off when the thing that was never going to happen doesn’t happen. Fan however you want, but why create the extra angst?

I love how this staff is recruiting right now and a major part of that is the flexibility. They were in on the Compton guys, for example, until it became clear Andrej had different plans, then fast pivot to Solo and company.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
If the kid doesn't want to compete to be the top dog of the class maybe SH is for him but if he likes what the coaches are putting together for 23 and wants to be part of something potentially special well then he may be coming here, We will see soon either way.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
My feeling is that if we land this kid, he would be a great addition. Same time if we don’t get him, I’m not losing any sleep over it. This staff knows what they’re doing with respect to recruiting & I trust they have multiple high upside contingencies in place regardless.

Reaction Score
Are we concerned that if Castle is such a key recruiter and he does not follow Middleton on Instagram?

Reaction Score
Are we concerned that if Castle is such a key recruiter and he does not follow Middleton on Instagram?
I think we should stop looking for ques one way or the other from things that mean absolutely nothing

Reaction Score
Recruiting is fun. I love all the speculation. I think he would be great here. I also think if he doesn't come, the staff has already identified other great fits. The Coen kid looks like an absolute monster. I always hate when teams beat us out on recruits but then my thoughts go immediately to backup recruits that turned out OK...like Kemba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom