SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2 | Page 21 | The Boneyard

SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don’t think Staley is too concerned about losing Edwards to LSU. I tend to think that she has already given a verbal to Staley and possibly asked her to hold off on the birdie in the nest thing and let Edwards announce it herself with no hints going out.
I agree. I am not afraid of losing her to LSU. But I could see Staley putting someone on notice for using dirty recruiting tactics no matter the recruits likelihood to come to South Carolina.

Reaction Score
I agree. I am not afraid of losing her to LSU. But I could see Staley putting someone on notice for using dirty recruiting tactics no matter the recruits likelihood to come to South Carolina.
I wouldn't necessarily call it dirty tactics, probably somewhat desperate though. All this last minute scrambling is not uncommon in WBB, MBB, or especially FB. It's just that up until social media spawned a bunch of super sleuths, fans had no idea it was going on. When chasing a player, coaches aren't concerned with scheduling around when other coaches might have equal access to the kids. They all have their own agenda.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't necessarily call it dirty tactics, probably somewhat desperate though. All this last minute scrambling is not uncommon in WBB, MBB, or especially FB. It's just that up until social media spawned a bunch of super sleuths, fans had no idea it was going on. When chasing a player, coaches aren't concerned with scheduling around when other coaches might have equal access to the kids. They all have their own agenda.
It's all speculation at this point, so I'd rather not take this topic any further. We have no confirmation on what Dawn's tweet meant. Dirty, desperate, who knows... though I doubt Dawn would have felt the need to write such a message in reference to anything that is considered normal practice...

Reaction Score
South Carolina high school basketball. Women
Looks like the cupboard is going go be bare for awhile after Joyce. There will be D1 recruits but nothing elite so far. The twitter reply is from the high school beat writer from the State Newspaper. They cover all South Carolina
- so they would know.
It has more or less always been that way. A two to three year window of D1 top 25 to top 50 level recruits follow by a 4 to 5 year gap of just lower level recruits.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It has more or less always been that way. A two to 3 year windows of D1 top 25 to top 50 level recruits follow by a 4 to 5 year gap of just lower level recruits.
So our next stars are in 3rd,4th and 5th grades now..

Reaction Score
So our next stars are in 3rd,4th and 5th grades now..

The 2027 class will be very good as well. Not just nationally but in SC as well. There will be a couple elite recruits nationally from the state of SC.

Reaction Score
An article in the State rag says a possible starting lineup for Notre Dame will be:

P Kamilla
PG Raven
SG Tehina
W Bree
F Chloe

The 2 guard 2 big and a swing would be consistent with last years starting set.
But WOW if chloe starts! I could see keeping Ashlynn on the bench to back up either big spot or switch to a 3 big set. But Sania not starting? Huh?

Yes, good things have been said about Chloe’s practices but I’m shocked.

Of course, it could just be the State being typically poorly informed about Gamecock sports. And the word “ possible” allows them a lot of wiggle room

Reaction Score
Chloe seems like she'll be one of our best rebounders so it could be strategic for that specific lineup.

Reaction Score
An article in the State rag says a possible starting lineup for Notre Dame will be:

P Kamilla
PG Raven
SG Tehina
W Bree
F Chloe

But WOW if chloe starts! I could see keeping Ashlynn on the bench to back up either big spot or switch to a 3 big set. But Sania not starting? Huh?

Of course, it could just be the State being typically poorly informed about Gamecock sports. And the word “ possible” allows them a lot of wiggle room
The most animated I saw Dawn get during the exhibition, she was screaming across the court to who appeared to be Sania. She obviously was unhappy with something. My perception as the game progressed is Sania was on a bit of a short leash and she got taken out quicker than the others in her rotation. In the end, Kitts played two more mins and Watkins one more minute than Sania, and that’s with Sania spending some of the game split out to the wing in a 3 big rotation. I don’t believe The State is way off base with their viewpoint. Feagin may still end up starting, but pay attention to how quick she gets subbed out.

Reaction Score

P Kamilla
PG Raven
SG Tehina
W Bree
F Chloe

i just watched a practice highlight on ‘X’ from today‘s open session in Paris that showed them playing with this exact lineup . No context on whether it was the starters, just something to note.

Reaction Score
Kitts is easily one of the top 5 players on this team so it should be expected.

Reaction Score
I’m surprised. I had her behind Ashlyn and Saniah
CDS is frustrated she cannot get Feagin to box out and play proper defense in the post…….Ashlyn will play a bunch this year and may also end up a starter. Feagin has the offense, not sure what it will take to get her to buy in on the defensive and rebounding responsibilities of the post.

Reaction Score
As a ND fan since I was little, I am so VERY IMPRESSED with SC. They have seriously turned the page to the “Freshies!” Cardoso will/should be 1st team AA if she continues to play like this. ND CANNOT STOP her down the paint. SC shooting has gotten 10x better than in years past. Just WOW overall.

Reaction Score
South Carolina looks better than last year. Cardoso is a beast, and your guard play is extremely talented and well-rounded. Your Freshman Fulwiley is very good, and all around you guys have an extremely athletic team. Even the "garbage time" players are elite. Feagan the 3rd string big? Sheesh. Excited to watch you guys play more teams other than mine:eek:

Reaction Score
I was not expecting that kind of performance against a top 10 team, especially with an all new team on the floor. I cannot wait for the chemistry to grow. I think we may have both and elite offense and defense this season!

Reaction Score
I was not expecting that kind of performance against a top 10 team, especially with an all new team on the floor. I cannot wait for the chemistry to grow. I think we may have both and elite offense and defense this season!
South Carolina looked great is a top 2 team in the country this year... but that Notre Dame team has no business in the top 10. Even WITH Miles I'd say their ceiling is top 15 because they literally have no post players.

Reaction Score
That was such a fun game to watch. SC guards are so quick. This team will get better and that’s scary. 29 assists and 12 steals and 11 blocks. Cant wait!

Reaction Score
I’m shocked that Kitts is starting. There’s no way she’s the 5th best player on the team

Reaction Score
I’m shocked that Kitts is starting. There’s no way she’s the 5th best player on the team
I think it has more to do with what Dawn wants to see out of that position. Feagin and Watkins are better athletes but Kitts has the hustle and is better at blocking out and getting rebounds. She makes the effort plays that Feagin and Watkins sometimes just don't do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom