SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Kitts is not a 4/5, that’s basically A’ja Wilson. LA barely played 5 at SC and she was way stronger and physically more imposing than Kitts. Kitts will never sniff the 5 at SC unless there’s some plan to put 5 wings or 6’1-6’3 players on the floor at once.

People keep saying this and she keeps playing inside, high dribbling, and looking exactly like a 4.
well I did say she’s a stretch 4. And Dawn wants her to shoot, so Dawn probably thinks she’s a stretch 4 too. Idk. But perhaps you do.

We can agree to disagree that she’s a 5 though.

Reaction Score
well I did say she’s a stretch 4. And Dawn wants her to shoot, so Dawn probably thinks she’s a stretch 4 too. Idk. But perhaps you do.

We can agree to disagree that she’s a 5 though.
Sorry for butting in but maybe to support the she is a 3 argument;thnk about this scenario. You got Feagin, Watkins, and Kitts... Is it wise to have 2 of those 3 on the court or just 1 of 3 on court. If you play Kitts at 4-Feagin and Watkins are coming off the bench or Vice Versa . If you play her at 3 along with Hall and then some at 4 for spot duty -I think the lineup version is maximized.

Reaction Score
Sorry for butting in but maybe to support the she is a 3 argument;thnk about this scenario. You got Feagin, Watkins, and Kitts... Is it wise to have 2 of those 3 on the court or just 1 of 3 on court. If you play Kitts at 4-Feagin and Watkins are coming off the bench or Vice Versa . If you play her at 3 along with Hall and then some at 4 for spot duty -I think the lineup version is maximized.
Kitts will not start at 4 ahead of either Feagan or Watkins. Nor, will she start at 3 ahead of Hall. I agree that I think she will spend some time at both.

Kamilla at 5. The question is whether her first backup will be Watkins or Sakima - and that may change as the season progresses.

Feagan starts at 4. Watkins will be her backup but if Watkins is in for Kamilla, Kitts will be her backup.

Hall at 3 especially for her defense like Brea Beal was. Kitts will be her backup for when we need to go big lineup. Think Mad Kiki. We're calling her a 3 but she's really a 3/4 Hybrid.

And Dawn will say we a all full of bull.Head bang

Reaction Score
Kitts will not start at 4 ahead of either Feagan or Watkins. Nor, will she start at 3 ahead of Hall. I agree that I think she will spend some time at both.

Kamilla at 5. The question is whether her first backup will be Watkins or Sakima - and that may change as the season progresses.

Feagan starts at 4. Watkins will be her backup but if Watkins is in for Kamilla, Kitts will be her backup.

Hall at 3 especially for her defense like Brea Beal was. Kitts will be her backup for when we need to go big lineup. Think Mad Kiki. We're calling her a 3 but she's really a 3/4 Hybrid.

And Dawn will say we a all full of bull.Head bang
I like the mad KiKi moniker for Chloe as I saw her get feisty at the world U19 champion a few times

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Clearing up another question on this Gamecock WBB forum [lol]..the debate as to whether Tessa Johnson is 6ft1 according to the 2024 roster or less than 6ft tall. In a classic example of having too much time on my hand. I emailed the SID for women's Basketball over the weekend. . Here is the in progress reply i received [she is checking] ...
CreatureSat, Sep 9, 12:09 PM (2 days ago)
I think the heights for Tessa Johnson and Sanjah Jah are switched. The Eye test tells you Jah is taller than Johnson. ..but Johnson is listed as 6ft1 and Jah is 6ft

Koval, Diana​

Sat, Sep 9, 5:26 PM (2 days ago)
to me
We post the measurements given to me by our medical team. But, I’ll certainly double check that there’s not a clerical error.

Reaction Score
New uniforms

Nice change up. Instead of a traditional clothes haul fashion shoot-they did it unveiling the New Uniforms.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
New uniforms

Been wanting a larger “South Carolina” on the jerseys for a while, but I prefer the arched design that they have been wearing on their practice ones. Still it’s a bolder upgrade over the tiny letters across the chest. The full color side panels is boring. Always liked the light rooster tail or basketball netting on the sides of the jersey that the team has sported during the A’ja/Aliyah eras. Didn’t see a reason to change that part of the look.

Reaction Score
Hoping the staff can talk Coach DS into offering Chloes little sister Kylee Kitts [6ft4 reclassifying to 2024] .Her Jr & SR year upside will be good i really think. Plus she is a willing red-shirt.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Love the jerseys, but I also wish they kept the tail feathers on the side.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
@triaddukefan When the Gamecock Hoard rolls into Durham this december-are you hosting a hospitality space for us? We have refined dining taste in Carolina so we are looking for eatery a bit higher than chciken wings.

My pregame meal consists of either a pack of Lance Peanut Butter crackers, or 1 glazed donut from Daily Donuts...... I'd be willing to spare a few crackers or 1/4 of a donut to a Chicken fan. ;)

Reaction Score
The more I see from SC social media the more I think Feagin is going to have a huge breakout year.
She will be the most improved player, mostly due to opportunity since the talent was always there. I expect her to be the 3rd or 4th leading scorer.

Reaction Score
I guess we might have a new answer for the delayed nonconference schedule. Apparently Stanford cancelled on our matchup so I'm assuming they are looking for a new marquee matchup that would let us host.

Reaction Score
I guess we might have a new answer for the delayed nonconference schedule. Apparently Stanford cancelled on our matchup so I'm assuming they are looking for a new marquee matchup that would let us host.
Yea Stanford has a reputation for backing out of games they dont like

Reaction Score
Wish they would have kept it so the players could get a feel of all the travel they will be involved in when they join the ACC.

Reaction Score
Short film by Te-Hina mostly showing her off season, away from campus, training regime as she prepares to be a Gamecock (including a shared workout w/ Hailey Van Lith). Little bit of Gamecock related footage at the very end as the credits rolled.

Reaction Score
Take justice Carleton off the recruiting list. Committed to Texas on her Ov this weekend.

Move Adhel Tac up the list. ( she visited Louisville this week. Not committed.)

Adhel was ranked = 12 this time last year. However, she was injured in January and did not play or camp after that time. I don’t know what the injury was and have not heard anything on recovery. She has this year to recover and 6’6” would seem to be worthy of waiting on for a redshirt if she needs.

Of course, Dawn is the coach!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr