SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Strong is a Nc St, UCONN and SC battle. Will be a game changer

She has a pretty good relationship (from what I’ve seen) with LSU’s Asst. Coach.

I’m wondering if Dawn is trying for both her and Joyce or taking whoever commits first.

Reaction Score
She has a pretty good relationship (from what I’ve seen) with LSU’s Asst. Coach.

I’m wondering if Dawn is trying for both her and Joyce or taking whoever commits first.
Joyce is almost a SC LOCK. She will take her visits but I still think leaving the state isn't going to happen. If she did hypothetically leave, it will be for Stanford as academics is important.

Strong has been mostly been a silent to UCONN for quite some time. She may visit LSU but they aren't truly in the mix relative to the other teams she is considering. In terms of winning the battle for Strong, you have to look at coaches who have proven they can reel in the elite of the elite, its Dawn and Geno every day of the week... Why do you think Geno and Dawn was there in person? Where was Kim? Oh just going to concerts in Nola... Geno and Dawn put in the work

Reaction Score

She would GLADLY take both. Doesn’t matter who commits first.

We have four scholarship openings left. Hoping for one more guard and two bigs. I would like that to include on post (TAC?) but you never pass up a Strong or an Edwards. We were guard heavy in last year’s class, so, we could even take three bigs this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Joyce is almost a SC LOCK. She will take her visits but I still think leaving the state isn't going to happen. If she did hypothetically leave, it will be for Stanford as academics is important.

Strong has been mostly been a silent to UCONN for quite some time. She may visit LSU but they aren't truly in the mix relative to the other teams she is considering. In terms of winning the battle for Strong, you have to look at coaches who have proven they can reel in the elite of the elite, its Dawn and Geno every day of the week... Why do you think Geno and Dawn was there in person? Where was Kim? Oh just going to concerts in Nola... Geno and Dawn put in the work

I wonder the impact of Stanford moving to the ACC. She’d be able to play at Clemson, Duke and UNC yearly (or bi-yearly). Things are for sure getting interesting.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Those of us not in the know are waiting for confirmation and set dates with Stanford, S. Dakota St. and CSU plus one final opponent to be scheduled. Assumption is it will be an HBCU. Oh and an exhibition opponent needs to be lined up as well. Schedule could drop any day. Last year’s non-conference release was on 8/26.

Staley needs to go ahead and schedule a road game in the Triad vs either UNCG, NC A&T, or Elon. NC A&T is a HBCU and yall have played us in both the regular season and in the tournament. Elon is coached by a fellow AA Female, as is UNCG. Furthermore the UNCG coach also played at UVA (a few years before Staley arrived)

Do I need to email Staley to make this happen, or your Athletic Director?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke football that bad you have to ride the Tarheels coattails?

portrait-of-manchurian-tiger-cub-lying-and-looking-unhappy.jpg

Congrats @triaddukefan. Your guys done good. Have at it with the whole real Carolina thing. At least til WBB season when it really matters. ;)

The bad thing is, most of NC couldn't watch the game because of the Spectrum - Disney dispute. Not sure if Spectrum is the main provider down in SC or not. Maybe that's a good thing if the folks in Upstate couldn't see the carnage. I listened to it on the radio, will try to find a replay later online.

Reaction Score
View attachment 91220

The bad thing is, most of NC couldn't watch the game because of the Spectrum - Disney dispute. Not sure if Spectrum is the main provider down in SC or not. Maybe that's a good thing if the folks in Upstate couldn't see the carnage. I listened to it on the radio, will try to find a replay later online.
Yeah we have the same problem with Spectrum which will be a problem Saturday. I watched the Duke/Clemson game on YouTube. Searched “Duke Clemson” and found a livestream listed about 3 videos down the selections listed. And it aired on site, not one of those vids that gives a link that takes you elsewhere. Spent the game waiting for Youtube to take the game down but it didn’t happen, which was a surprise being the only game and nationally televised.

ACC Network YT to upload the full game Thursday at noon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Is the assistant coach at LSU handling her NIL ? Maybe thats the percieved relationship. Joyce is a take regardless of who else wants to come. She is not an either/or for SCar. Also they did not just wake up in 2023 and say hey-lets offer Sarah Strong. This offer and pursuit has been in the works probaby since her Freshmen year...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Staley needs to go ahead and schedule a road game in the Triad vs either UNCG, NC A&T, or Elon. NC A&T is a HBCU and yall have played us in both the regular season and in the tournament. Elon is coached by a fellow AA Female, as is UNCG. Furthermore the UNCG coach also played at UVA (a few years before Staley arrived)

Do I need to email Staley to make this happen, or your Athletic Director?
We have to turn a profit when we play a HBCU. Thats why its always a home game

Reaction Score

Hamilton Neil on Youtube is the one really saying that Strong is a silent committ to UConn but my thought is why is it not public if she was going to UConn. Now if she is announcing anything prior to her High School Basketball season-its UConn, I think UConn is the leader but I now think she is intrigued by SCar. I would not be suprised that their is a connection between Derrick Strong and the SCar Coaching staff. Just my gut feeeling ....

Reaction Score
She would GLADLY take both. Doesn’t matter who commits first.

We have four scholarship openings left. Hoping for one more guard and two bigs. I would like that to include on post (TAC?) but you never pass up a Strong or an Edwards. We were guard heavy in last year’s class, so, we could even take three bigs this year.
@visitingcock. Would you agree that tradtionally-Coach DS never uses all of her 15 Schollies -generally carrying no more than 13 players [Except the last two years]

Reaction Score
Hamilton Neil on Youtube is the one really saying that Strong is a silent committ to UConn but my thought is why is it not public if she was going to UConn. Now if she is announcing anything prior to her High School Basketball season-its UConn, I think UConn is the leader but I now think she is intrigued by SCar. I would not be suprised that their is a connection between Derrick Strong and the SCar Coaching staff. Just my gut feeeling ....
This was from January on the NC State Rivals site.

Her father, former NC State player Danny Strong, said the the Wolfpack, Duke, UNC, UConn, LSU, Clemson, UCLA, Arizona and South Carolina, have all prioritized her. The Gamecocks have watched her in three games this season, with coach Dawn Staley make one of the trips.

She may end up at UConn but I do not think she is a silent to them. I think she takes her time and I really think NC State has a shot bc of her dad.

Reaction Score
I think personally strong is leaving the state. It’ll come down to UConn and SC battling it out. I don’t believe strong is a “silent” anywhere despite what people are alleging. People trying to speculate with her social media which she seldom uses makes me chuckle. She recently started following a bunch of coaches and players on teams who aren’t even in her top group. Means nothing…

I can’t even tell you the amount of times a recruit took a visit, follows half the team but ends up committing elsewhere. Happens all the time.

Reaction Score
This was from January on the NC State Rivals site.

Her father, former NC State player Danny Strong, said the the Wolfpack, Duke, UNC, UConn, LSU, Clemson, UCLA, Arizona and South Carolina, have all prioritized her. The Gamecocks have watched her in three games this season, with coach Dawn Staley make one of the trips.

She may end up at UConn but I do not think she is a silent to them. I think she takes her time and I really think NC State has a shot bc of her dad.
Most of the UConn posters on this forum thinks she is a silent committ. Agreed with @Cockygirl > I dont think she is silent also

Reaction Score
Most of the UConn posters on this forum thinks she is a silent committ. Agreed with @Cockygirl > I dont think she is silent also
I don't believe in "silent commits." Seen too many of them turn out to be false. Plus, I don't think Geno or Dawn would be happy with "silent commiits" who continue to visit other schools. Kind of a character issue. I heard Strong visited LSU this weekend. Coaches at high level schools like UConn or us want commitments - not recruiting "playas" who are just gaming other schools for free visits. Could UConn be her favorite? Maybe so. But I don't think Geno considers her to be a "silent commitment."

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This is my escape from Gamecocks football. Please guys. Lol

I promise, this is my last fb post in this thread until maybe mid November... This is so good i just have to post it. :cool:

FB_IMG_1692821497861.jpg

Reaction Score
Is the assistant coach at LSU handling her NIL ? Maybe thats the percieved relationship. Joyce is a take regardless of who else wants to come. She is not an either/or for SCar. Also they did not just wake up in 2023 and say hey-lets offer Sarah Strong. This offer and pursuit has been in the works probaby since her Freshmen year...

They have someone designated for NIL who isn’t a part of the Coaching staff.

He is the Asst. Coach that pretty much secured Hailey Van Lith and Morrow, probably Mikaylah Williams and Del Rosario as well. His social media indicates how heavily involved he is in Sarah Strong and Jaloni Cambridge’s recruitment.

Reaction Score
I don't believe in "silent commits." Seen too many of them turn out to be false. Plus, I don't think Geno or Dawn would be happy with "silent commiits" who continue to visit other schools. Kind of a character issue. I heard Strong visited LSU this weekend. Coaches at high level schools like UConn or us want commitments - not recruiting "playas" who are just gaming other schools for free visits. Could UConn be her favorite? Maybe so. But I don't think Geno considers her to be a "silent commitment."
Strong was at the Fiba 3x3 tourney this weekend. Dawn and Geno were there this weekend also.

Reaction Score
my main team in my teenager years was USVO featurign Allison Feaster, so I hope her daughter will sign with UConn, will it or not I wish her the best

Reaction Score
my main team in my teenager years was USVO featurign Allison Feaster, so I hope her daughter will sign with UConn, will it or not I wish her the best
Are you going to attend the South Carolina vs Notre Dame Game this fall ?

Reaction Score

While most UConn fans want Strong badly and think UConn has a good chance I disagree that "most posters" believe she is theirs. Fudd didn't commit until the autumn and it was UCLA or UConn.
For a player like Strong who knows there is a roster spot waiting no matter how long she takes, waiting is the smart move, unless you are tired of the phone calls. Besides, she still has visits to take.
UConn's First Night visiters almost always end up in Storrs. We've another month until that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom