SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2 | Page 18 | The Boneyard

SC Gamecocks off-season, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dawn flew to SOCAL today. Gotta be in home visit with Kennedy Smith- right? Maybe even checking on Mackenly Randolph.

Reaction Score
Mid 40’s would place them among the all time record books for season long team 3 point shooting. High 30’s from three for the season is more than where they realistically and effectively need to be. For example, Iowa shot 38% last season. Indiana shot 37% and UConn shot 35.7%. Gonzaga led the nation at 40.5%.
If we can shoot 37% or better, I think we'll be a top 5 offense in the nation with the bigs we have in the paint.

I liked the arc on Raven's 3-point shot. It looks like she put a lot of time in the off season to correct the angle.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing we sign tac, smith, edwards and one of the europeans

Edit: phone autocorrected tac to tax

Reaction Score
I'm guessing we sign tac, smith, edwards and one of the europeans

Edit: phone autocorrected tac to tax
That would be a class of 5. We only have 4 spots open. With Maddy committed, we only have three openings.

If we sign 5 as you estimate, then we’re telling Kamilla or Tehina “ sorry, you can’t play your 5th year. You’ve gotta turn pro after this year.” Actually, I don’t think we can do that. I think we have to keep them a spot because you have to keep players with the Covid option. It’s their option - not the schools.

Personally, I believe Kamilla will turn pro but we can’t count on that. If she does, we could fill her spot from the portal. Tehina would have to have a great year this year to be picked in the first two rounds.

So, we have Maddy. We keep a spot open for Joyce even if she doesn’t decide in the early signing period. She has been our priority forever. That means we have two spots. There is a question about TACs recovery ( maybe not to Dawn) but I have to wonder if her offer is commitable or conditional on not getting Smith.

Nothing is certain. We might strike out except for Maddy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard that LA is coming back to be a graduate assistant? I heard it somewhere but I cannot remember where...

Reaction Score
That would be a class of 5. We only have 4 spots open. With Maddy committed, we only have three openings.

If we sign 5 as you estimate, then we’re telling Kamilla or Tehina “ sorry, you can’t play your 5th year. You’ve gotta turn pro after this year.” Actually, I don’t think we can do that. I think we have to keep them a spot because you have to keep players with the Covid option. It’s their option - not the schools.

Personally, I believe Kamilla will turn pro but we can’t count on that. If she does, we could fill her spot from the portal. Tehina would have to have a great year this year to be picked in the first two rounds.

So, we have Maddy. We keep a spot open for Joyce even if she doesn’t decide in the early signing period. She has been our priority forever. That means we have two spots. There is a question about TACs recovery ( maybe not to Dawn) but I have to wonder if her offer is commitable or conditional on not getting Smith.

I highly doubt the offer is conditional if Dawn retweeted her commitment announcement but who knows.

Reaction Score

Tac and her high school have cleared her to play this year.

Reaction Score
15 is correct. We have 11 with nobody having to leave after this year
Oh yeah..so a potentiall european player would put us over 15 unless Pao Pao & Cardoso's remaining year is a Covid year

Reaction Score
Well- Mackenly Randolph just came out with her top 3. We are not in it. ND, Louisville and Michigan ST

Reaction Score
Oh yeah..so a potentiall european player would put us over 15 unless Pao Pao & Cardoso's remaining year is a Covid year
Their remaining year. Would be a Covid year but that doesn’t matter. The limit is still 15. They allowed a roster size exception thee first year after Covid but only that year.

15 is the limit and Kamilla and Tehina would be counted.

Reaction Score
Commitment link;

Reaction Score
She doesn't always do a Birdie tweet. She only does it if the player gives her their blessing. Also it expected to be around 8:30 EST.

Reaction Score
Has anyone heard that LA is coming back to be a graduate assistant? I heard it somewhere but I cannot remember where...
She’s definitely doing something but I’m not sure what the official role is. She said in an interview this week that she thought she might want to coach so she might be a grad assistant. She’s fluent in French so it would be great if she gets to go to Paris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom