SC fan thinks we're soft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

SC fan thinks we're soft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I also live in SC(Beaufort) and have several USC Grads in my poker group.I had to give them 15 pts..They were very magnanimous in their praise of our Huskys. Said," You really "woup"us."
I was in Beaufort this wknd. Beautiful! If you ever visit the new museum on the other side of the bridge heading south, my brother donated the albino dolphin display of Carolina Snowball!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
This has got to be a new troll poster starting this, right? I mean, it's the oldest trick in the forum book to go around to all the rival boards and say crap to get them stirred up and then go tittering back to your own board to joke how you got two fan bases spitting at each other for no reason. fanatichusky is likely a Clemson clown, and no, there's nothing remotely related to the OP on CockyTalk or Gamecock Central. They've all moved on for the upcoming UTenn game.

And the USCar fans were great, far better than a lot of the fans in the past from other teams who visited when their teams were good.

Going back about a dozen days around game time, a USCar poster on CockyTalk says he hears Geno cheats. Another poster answers him with the line, "If you're not cheatin', you're not tryin'. And if you get caught, you're noy tryin' hard enough." Classic. Now if the comment had been made on the Summitt or even by the ghoul on VolNation, there would have been a dozen oranginas piling on about his cheatin' ways.
That is so funny DR- I just joined cocky talk to RSVP to that particular poster! :)

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
ND has a better argument - They were ahead by 10 points after 10 minutes, without Brianna Turner.

Reaction Score
Aw c´mon, y´all. Those folks were pretty well-behaved and ol rooster, I say old Cockleghorn was pretty funny. And if you think about it, what other reason would they have to come to the Boneyard than anticipation of THE GAME? If the Rock Cornishes last long enough in the tourney to play the Huskies again, they will be back.

I could sit and quaff a few jars of ale while watching a hoops game with cockhornleghorn and our Duke friend. On our board, their comments and observations were appreciated.

This is my first foray into fan boards, and I'm thrown off by the myopic, hate-filled posts, sometimes right here, but definitely on orange and garnet sites. It isn't that I don't feel that, but then I remember that we are fans of the purest form of Naismith's game, and we have the unimaginable fortune to have been present to watch one of the most amazing runs in sports.

Night after night, I jump to my feet screaming 'Yes!', as another iteration of this team plays beautiful basketball.

I don't have to thump my chest or bang my thang on the table to prove I'm enough, as these other fans do. I'm a fan of the National Blue, Red, and White.

Last edited:

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
I could sit and quaff a few jars of ale while watching a hoops game with cockhornleghorn and our Duke friend. On our board, their comments and observations were appreciated.

I absolutely agree... It's nice having some moderate fans visit to share their opinions...

Our SC fans will be back... Right after the Final 64 are announced...

I did try to entice cockhrnleghrn into a small bet for the last game... Never could get an agreement. Iwill up the ante for the NCAAs by offering the bet to be ribeye steaks instead of barbeque... Have you ever known a southerner who doesn't like barbeque? I offered to meet him in Florence, SC. He told me he doesn't know Florence. Can you imagine that? He drives about an hour; I drive for 12.

I think he is dodging me. He knows which team is the better team.

Reaction Score
After living in SC for a few years, I have found that while a proud group of folks, they will always recognise goodness in any form. My buds have always acknowledged that my team, UConn, is an unreal excellent program. In fact they are all very proud that they are discussed in the same conversation as UConn. Now that they lost to UConn, they still love their team, but are completely capable of still recognizing UConn's dominance. Great group of people in SC. By the way, there are ALWAYS crazy individuals in any group. Just gotta ignore them.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Geesh, BY fans can get so touchy when they get jilted by one of their exes. He's blown off the Baylor Fan Forum folk for the last month or so, and I do think they have first rights to him. Not even some juicy discussions on Kim's behavior pulled him in, and no he is not the same guy as whitetrash. Our old friend Baylorprof is alive and kicking over there.

Sometimes posters can overdose on the forums and need to go into rehab for a while. That could certainly be the case with ETT, who often went fast and totally crazy weird. But yeah, hope nothing bad happened there.

JS

Reaction Score
Sometimes posters can overdose on the forums and need to go into rehab for a while.
That was my thought, as his last post here was on New Year's Eve and indicated no problems.

He's been around lurking though. Saw him logged in not long ago, just not posting.

Maybe a New Year's resolution. He's resolved that his next post will be as an admitted UConn fan, and he's working his way up to it.

Reaction Score
That was my thought, as his last post here was on New Year's Eve and indicated no problems.

He's been around lurking though. Saw him logged in not long ago, just not posting.

Maybe a New Year's resolution. He's resolved that his next post will be as an admitted UConn fan, and he's working his way up to it.
ETT is a closet UCONN fan if there ever was one. He just needs a witness protection program before he can come over

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I absolutely agree... It's nice having some moderate fans visit to share their opinions...

Our SC fans will be back... Right after the Final 64 are announced...

I did try to entice cockhrnleghrn into a small bet for the last game... Never could get an agreement. Iwill up the ante for the NCAAs by offering the bet to be ribeye steaks instead of barbeque... Have you ever known a southerner who doesn't like barbeque? I offered to meet him in Florence, SC. He told me he doesn't know Florence. Can you imagine that? He drives about an hour; I drive for 12.

I think he is dodging me. He knows which team is the better team.

A) I know where Florence is, but I live in Columbia, 70 miles away;

B) I'm not a Southerner. I was born and raised in Jersey and both of my parents were born and raised in Manhattan;

C) I don't care for BBQ;

D) I'm not betting on WBB, I don't bet on sports at all. I do post predictions on one of the dry erase boards at work, though, but I never predict that my Gamecocks will lose.

As far as the other post, I've posted since the game, but I haven't had as much reason to visit since the game. I did start a thread congratulating you guys on a great game, though. We play Tennessee on Monday, so I'll be concentrating on them for the next few days.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Some SC fan on ESPN board thinks we're soft. Said can't wait for another shot at us. Good one! I don't think they will make it to the final game. I see ND knocking them down.
We know who we are..... What we are.....Where we have been...... and Where we are going.... NO NEED TO RESPOND TO ANY OUTSIDERS SPEWING THEIR CRAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score

B) I'm not a Southerner. I was born and raised in Jersey and both of my parents were born and raised in Manhattan;

C) I don't care for BBQ;

D) I'm not betting on WBB, I don't bet on sports at all. I do post predictions on one of the dry erase boards at work, though, but I never predict that my Gamecocks will lose.

As far as the other post, I've posted since the game, but I haven't had as much reason to visit since the game. I did start a thread congratulating you guys on a great game, though. We play Tennessee on Monday, so I'll be concentrating on them for the next few days.

With Harrison's injury SC shouldn't have any problem with Tennessee. I felt before the injury that SC was the much better team. Dawn should pound the ball inside with your superior height advantage.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

C) I don't care for BBQ;

Well I'm glad you're still here.

I'll be rooting for SC come Monday.

Reaction Score

C) I don't care for BBQ;

Glad to have you here. Folks who don't agree might want to make use of the wonderful Ignore function.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
Ditto to vowelguy. I like your comments, cockhrnleghrn, and your team is excellent!!! Look forward to raising our game to even higher levels next time we meet!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score

C) I don't care for BBQ;

1. Kick some LV butt.
2. I am with you on th bbq. How anyone could eat that mustard-drenched glop that they call bbq down in Dixie, much less enjoy it, is more than I can understand. The only real, true, mouth-watering bbq is the slow-cooked, hickory or mesquite smoked bbq from Texas, and to put mustard on that would be a sacrilege. Damn, I wish I had some right now.
3. Kick som LV butt.

Reaction Score
"I don't have to thump my chest or bang my thang on the table to prove I'm enough, as these other fans do. "

Haha the table thang bangin' sounds painful! I hear it's legal in TN and SC, though.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
How many times does the north have to crush the south before they learn their place???
They are gonna "rise again". Not sure when, it's been like 150+ years.

They should learn their place. ;)

91475-004-354D702F.jpg

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
CTyankee said:
I did try to entice cockhrnleghrn into a small bet for the last game... Never could get an agreement. I will up the ante for the NCAAs by offering the bet to be ribeye steaks instead of barbeque...
Please don't misinterpret my post. I love him being on The Yard. I hope he does not take offense. As often as I get to SC I was honestly trying to get together with another WBB fan. I thought a friendly wager and conversation over dinner would be fun. I apologize.

Last edited by a moderator:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That's just an hour drive. Next door. ???

Oh geez, that's even worse.

C) I don't care for BBQ;
Wait, What???
021.jpg

Ah, well, we'll be pulling for you on Monday. Go Cocks!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
"I don't have to thump my chest or bang my thang on the table to prove I'm enough, as these other fans do. "

Haha the table thang bangin' sounds painful! I hear it's legal in TN and SC, though.
Dirty minds think alike. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom