SC fan thinks we're soft | The Boneyard

SC fan thinks we're soft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Some SC fan on ESPN board thinks we're soft. Said can't wait for another shot at us. Good one! I don't think they will make it to the final game. I see ND knocking them down.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
All I know is that after correctly eating some humble pie, the few fans of SC who hung here for months before what was for them "the Game" have absented themselves, clearly indicating that their presence here was only to basely gloat their imagined victory. Ah, fleeting chance for bringing the mighty low. How difficult the adder's sting!

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
I live in SC now. There was a lot of confidence heading into the game. Nothing but awe and congratulations after it. I told the owner of my local bar we'd win by 20. He said he'd give me a chance and only take 15. The day after the game the Husky flag flew in front of his bar for three days.

There may be a few 'ee-jits' still who want another shot. But by and large, the sentiment here was 'welcome to the big leagues.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
All I know is that after correctly eating some humble pie, the few fans of SC who hung here for months before what was for them "the Game" have absented themselves, clearly indicating that their presence here was only to basely gloat their imagined victory. Ah, fleeting chance for bringing the mighty low. How difficult the adder's sting!
I wish you were wrong, but it seems you are right. Or maybe they just wanted to come on the board to discuss the "upcoming" game. Either way, there were a few who came back to congratulate us, but it would be nice if they hung around longer.

As for being soft, HAH. I guess it's one person's opinion and everyone is entitled to have one. I'd love to let them have another shot at us. I believe the beatdown might be even larger. SC made some circus shots and had Sessions shooting over 50% from beyond the arc. I think by the time the NCAA's roll around, Nurse will be back to her old self, and the rest of the team will continue to grow.

I see UCONN has having a few places they can improve - preventing teams from getting so many O-boards, and better passing into the post. We will see if any improvements are noticeable, or if it's even necessary to improve that to win the NC...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I wish you were wrong, but it seems you are right. Or maybe they just wanted to come on the board to discuss the "upcoming" game. Either way, there were a few who came back to congratulate us, but it would be nice if they hung around longer.

As for being soft, HAH. I guess it's one person's opinion and everyone is entitled to have one. I'd love to let them have another shot at us. I believe the beatdown might be even larger. SC made some circus shots and had Sessions shooting over 50% from beyond the arc. I think by the time the NCAA's roll around, Nurse will be back to her old self, and the rest of the team will continue to grow.

I see UCONN has having a few places they can improve - preventing teams from getting so many O-boards, and better passing into the post. We will see if any improvements are noticeable, or if it's even necessary to improve that to win the NC...

The O boards - right on - but befuddling to me. Maddening is the passing to the post. I'm sure Stewie could offer a few, cogently offensive remarks about hard work unrewarded on this subject. Slow to recognize and poor passing. Hard to figure with a pretty crisp passing team.

Reaction Score
I also live in SC(Beaufort) and have several USC Grads in my poker group.I had to give them 15 pts..They were very magnanimous in their praise of our Huskys. Said," You really "woup"us."

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I also live in SC(Beaufort) and have several USC Grads in my poker group.I had to give them 15 pts..They were very magnanimous in their praise of our Huskys. Said," You really "woup"us."
Hello Dinky
We just drove down to Florida & stayed one night near Beaufort - actually had din din there. I made sure I was wearing my best UConn duds while there :)

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
SC fans give new meaning to the phrase "can I have some more please!"

We will gladly accomidate them if they can make it to the finals.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Aw c´mon, y´all. Those folks were pretty well-behaved and ol Cock, I say old Cockleghorn was pretty funny. And if you think about it, what other reason would they have to come to the Boneyard than anticipation of THE GAME? If the Rock Cornishes last long enough in the tourney to play the Huskies again, they will be back.

Reaction Score
Some SC fan on ESPN board thinks we're soft. Said can't wait for another shot at us. Good one! I don't think they will make it to the final game. I see ND knocking them down.

Link?

Reaction Score
Aw c´mon, y´all. Those folks were pretty well-behaved and ol rooster, I say old Cockleghorn was pretty funny. And if you think about it, what other reason would they have to come to the Boneyard than anticipation of THE GAME? If the Rock Cornishes last long enough in the tourney to play the Huskies again, they will be back.
Agree, when you win you don't have to talk. Why kick a man when he's down?

Reaction Score

You mean of the thousands of fans that a program has, there's one guy saying dumb things on a message board?
I am SHOCKED.

If UConn were only so lucky.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I really liked the SC posters on here. Seemed like nice people. But I can understand them being otherwise occupied now. The event is over. But I still wonder what happened to ETT.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
This has got to be a new troll poster starting this, right? I mean, it's the oldest trick in the forum book to go around to all the rival boards and say crap to get them stirred up and then go tittering back to your own board to joke how you got two fan bases spitting at each other for no reason. fanatichusky is likely a Clemson clown, and no, there's nothing remotely related to the OP on CockyTalk or Gamecock Central. They've all moved on for the upcoming UTenn game.

And the USCar fans were great, far better than a lot of the fans in the past from other teams who visited when their teams were good.

Going back about a dozen days around game time, a USCar poster on CockyTalk says he hears Geno cheats. Another poster answers him with the line, "If you're not cheatin', you're not tryin'. And if you get caught, you're noy tryin' hard enough." Classic. Now if the comment had been made on the Summitt or even by the ghoul on VolNation, there would have been a dozen oranginas piling on about his cheatin' ways.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

Really?

Reaction Score
I have no inside info, but keep in mind that occasionally folks are given free vacations from the 'Yard by the Mods.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I live in SC now. There was a lot of confidence heading into the game. Nothing but awe and congratulations after it. I told the owner of my local bar we'd win by 20. He said he'd give me a chance and only take 15. The day after the game the Husky flag flew in front of his bar for three days.

There may be a few 'ee-jits' still who want another shot. But by and large, the sentiment here was 'welcome to the big leagues.
Where r u in So Car?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
But I still wonder what happened to ETT.
Me too. Baylor is playing well & got snubbed by that pre-seating thing last week and not a peep from ETT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom