Say it isn't so Jim! | The Boneyard

Say it isn't so Jim!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun to bc, that's like Eisenhower going over to the Nazis after D Day, and yes the Nazis are that evil!!!!

Reaction Score
After the report surfaced, Calhoun told The Courant on Friday, "I have not talked to any school, and I don't plan on talking to any other school. … I never say never, but I am not trying to get a job."

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun to bc, that's like Eisenhower going over to the Nazis after D Day, and yes the Nazis are that evil!!!!

I usually find internet nazi comparisons highly offensive.

not so much in this case.

Reaction Score
Would Dean Smith return to coach Duke or NC State? Please. Calhoun is a UConn immortal that would have to much to lose by doing this.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
After the report surfaced, Calhoun told The Courant on Friday, "I have not talked to any school, and I don't plan on talking to any other school. … I never say never, but I am not trying to get a job."
This is not a denial. He presumably has people who could reach out in his stead, so saying he hasn't talked to anyone means nothing. A denial is "I will not be the coach at BC." He has chosen not to do this for some reason.

Reaction Score
hmmmm. lets think about this. Why would ESPN try to smear UConn's legacy while we make another tournament run? My guess.....UConn to the Big 10 is imminent and the boys in bristol are not happy.
Why would that bother ESPN? Big 10 Network?

Reaction Score
yes, the big 10 network is operated by fox sports. uconn to the big 10 would be a blow to espn in numerous ways.

really Uconn to the Big 10? What in the name of Wide Wide World of Sports are you thinking? Uconn to the Big 10? Thats the most ridiculous thing I ever hoid?

Reaction Score
really Uconn to the Big 10? What in the name of Wide Wide World of Sports are you thinking? Uconn to the Big 10? Thats the most ridiculous thing I ever hoid?
I wish it were so, I think it would be great for UCONN.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This is not a denial. He presumably has people who could reach out in his stead, so saying he hasn't talked to anyone means nothing. A denial is "I will not be the coach at BC." He has chosen not to do this for some reason.
Why would he chose to do that? He knows well enough by now that the less said about BC the better, period. Eliminating it from consideration after saying he'd never say never to anyone would make it sound like he still has an axe to grind, and we clearly don't want to do that anymore.

Reaction Score
That would be sad. I don't even wanna think about it. What a coup to Connecticut basketball. What a shame.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Why would he chose to do that? He knows well enough by now that the less said about BC the better, period. Eliminating it from consideration after saying he'd never say never to anyone would make it sound like he still has an axe to grind, and we clearly don't want to do that anymore.
People would stop speculating, for one thing. And focus on the NCAA tournament game UConn is playing tomorrow.

Reaction Score
That would be the biggest act of treason since New Haven's Benedict Arnold,
arguably the best field commander of the Continental Army , went over to the British.
He was one of the hero's of the battle of fort Ticonderoga ,engineered the brilliant
Strategic withdrawal from the Canadian debacle.
Was instrumental in winning the most important battle of the war at Saratoga.
He was a personal friend of George Washington.
It's not the fact that he switched sides in what was essentially a civil war that made him infamous . It was who he was and what he meant to the cause that branded him forever.
JC to BC would be a close second.

NotADimeBack

Give me my avi back
Reaction Score
arguably the best field commander of the Continental Army , went over to the British.
He was one of the hero's of the battle of fort Ticonderoga ,engineered the brilliant
It's not the fact that he switched sides in what was essentially a civil war that made him infamous . It was who he was and what he meant to the cause that branded him forever.

Thats what i said to my best friend lmao; benedict arnold. hopefully not though, hopefully its all a ruse

Reaction Score

Sorry to break the bubble on your "Benedict Arnold" comment. Facts:
Benedict was born the second of six children to Benedict Arnold (1683–1761) and Hannah Waterman King, in Norwich, CT., on January 14, 1741. Like his father and grandfather, as well as an older brother who died in infancy, he was named after his great-grandfather Benedict Arnold, an early governor of the Colony of Rhode Island. Only Benedict and his sister Hannah survived to adulthood; his other siblings succumbed to yellow fever, in childhood. His siblings were, in order of birth: Benedict (August 15, 1738 – April 30, 1739), Hannah (December 9, 1742 – August 11, 1803), Mary (June 4, 1745 – September 10, 1753), Absolom (April 4, 1747 – July 22, 1750) and Elizabeth (November 19, 1749 – September 29, 1755). Through his maternal grandmother, Arnold was a descendant of John Lothropp, an ancestor of at least six U.S. Presidents.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_the_United_States

Arnold's father was a successful businessman, and the family moved in the upper levels of Norwich society. When he was ten, Arnold was enrolled in a private school in nearby Canterbury, CT, with the expectation that he would eventually attend Yale. However, the deaths of his siblings two years later may have contributed to a decline in the family fortunes, since his father took up drinking. By the time he was fourteen, there was no money for private education. His father's alcoholism and ill health kept him from training Arnold in the family mercantile business, but his mother's family connections secured an apprenticeship for Arnold with two of her cousins, brothers Daniel and Joshua Lathrop, who operated a successful apothecary and general merchandise trade in Norwich. His apprenticeship with the Lathrops lasted seven years. In 1762, with the help of the Lathrops, Arnold established himself in business as a pharmacist and bookseller in New Haven. Arnold was hardworking and successful, and was able to rapidly expand his business. In 1763 he repaid money borrowed from the Lathrop's, repurchased the family homestead that his father had sold when deeply in debt, and re-sold it a year later for a substantial profit. In 1764 he formed a partnership with Adam Babcock, another young New Haven merchant. Using the profits from the sale of his homestead, they bought three trading ships and established a lucrative West Indies. trade. During this time, he brought his sister Hannah to New Haven and established her in his apothecary to manage the business in his absence. He traveled extensively in the course of his business, throughout New England and to the West Indies, often in command of one of his own ships.

Arnold is linked much more to the "ROSE CITY", Norwich, than to the "ELM CITY", of New Haven. So much so, that for a number of years a Norwich Resident tried, unsuccessfully to have Arnold's name "cleaned" because of his earlier exploits during the Revolutionary War, that you have mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom