Sarah Strong Wins Naismith Player of the Year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sarah Strong Wins Naismith Player of the Year

Reaction Score
Full line: 40 points (11-24 FG, 2-6 3-PT, 16-20 FT), 19 rebs, 5 assists

"I use the big stages I've been on as a way to control our tempo," she said. "(I) just try to keep us calm, collected and stay as a team and not worry about the crowd."

"Her basketball IQ is off the charts," Neenah coach Andy Braunel said, lauding Ziebell's leadership "Phenomenal player and person but also just a great basketball mind who just makes all of us better."

A great comment from ALLIE in the post-game interview (see link for article and hit the arrow for the post
game interviews). Allie's comment was (and I paraphrase): " My teammates (make it happen) .... they do the dirty work. "
A TYPICAL UCONN HUSKY sentiment... giving credit to her "mates". Neenah goes for the State CHAMPIONSHIP
tonight. THE ONLY WISCONSIN award that has eluded ALLIE and her Neenah teammates. They lost to
their Championship game opponents by ONE POINT during the regular season.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
This would be great to get a player who can make a shot at the end of the half (or quarter) since we actually stink when we are trying to do it.

Reaction Score
Doesn’t seem like THAT big.

Who was the last number one prospect whose team won a championship her freshman year?

Who was the last Number One Prospect who won a championship during her college career?

Reaction Score
I think it is the biggest question regarding next season, though we must stay focused on this one.

She will eventually make the decision. It’s a matter of when and what team

Reaction Score

Who was the last number one prospect whose team won a championship her freshman year?

Who was the last Number One Prospect who won a championship during her college career?
Raven Johnson, Bree Hall, Saniyah Rivers and Sania Feagin….

Reaction Score

My memory is fuzzy but I would think it has to be either Diana, Maya, Katie Lou or Ann Strother?

Reaction Score
JuJu Watkins & Mikayla Williams are the only two able to do the fact this year

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Katie Lou as the last 1 to win the NC on her freshman season
She didn't play the finals due to injury but have an impact in the games before
Don't forget Pheesa, Lous roommate.

Reaction Score
For next year, the only one ables are Sarah Strong (#1 ESPN & Prospect Nation), Joyce Edwards (#1 in ASGR/HoopseenW) and Jaloni Cambridge (#1 in JrAll StarGirls BB Report)

Reaction Score
in 2015 the lone place KLS was second was with Prospect Nation having Asia Durr as the # 1

Reaction Score

Katie Lou Samuelson with an asterisk.
Brianna Stewart if Ms Samuelson is discounted.
Considering the way the question is phrased, it is Ms Samuelson.

Lauren Cox

Reaction Score
For next year, the only one ables are Sarah Strong (#1 ESPN & Prospect Nation), Joyce Edwards (#1 in ASGR/HoopseenW) and Jaloni Cambridge (#1 in JrAll StarGirls BB Report)
I like to think that TEAMS win Championships. Individuals, of course, make up teams and
it's great to have a wonderful freshman or two. But .... I 've never seen one player win
a National Championship.... one on five.... Have You?

Reaction Score
She will eventually make the decision. It’s a matter of when and what team
If Strong comes to UConn, this could be one of Geno’s best recruiting classes ever. I mean two Naismith Finalists (Strong and Chelli) and Allie Zeibell who’s ranked #4 on the girls 100, right behind Strong.

Reaction Score
Both theses kids are listed at 6'2". Were Strong to come to UConn would they be competing for the same spot or is one a better ball handler/three points threat and the other more of an inside player?
Like Asjha Jones, Swin Cash, and Tamika Williams all competed for the same spot under the basket? Quite the contrary, they would compliment each other IMO. Isn’t it a team sport?

Reaction Score
Katie Lou Samuelson with an asterisk.
Brianna Stewart if Ms Samuelson is discounted.
Considering the way the question is phrased, it is Ms Samuelson.

Lauren Cox

Haley Jones was #1 in 2019, won a title in 2021.

Reaction Score
If Strong comes to UConn, this could be one of Geno’s best recruiting classes ever. I mean two Naismith Finalists (Strong and Chelli) and Allie Zeibell who’s ranked #4 on the girls 100, right behind Strong.
Right, and Morgan is shockingly underrated at #18?! She definitely belongs in the top ten.

Reaction Score
I like to think that TEAMS win Championships. Individuals, of course, make up teams and
it's great to have a wonderful freshman or two. But .... I 've never seen one player win
a National Championship.... one on five.... Have You?
no, but a good contribution is also well deserved

I, personnaly, don't like her but Angel Reese was the reason of LSU's success last year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom