Sarah Strong Wins Naismith Player of the Year | The Boneyard

Sarah Strong Wins Naismith Player of the Year

Reaction Score
I'm a huge Strong fan but the difference between the competition she faced and that which Cheli faced is like the difference between D1 and D3. The #1 ranking means a lot in these choices.

I'm not familiar with the competition they each faced, but I'm guessing Strong's was much higher level?

Reaction Score
Chelli's team is ranked #1, has the toughest schedule and also has a team average GPA of 3.9. That school is basically the UConn of high schools.

Grace Christian is ranked #16 and Strong has her away against most posts.

Kudos to Sarah, she has a big decision to make and hoping to see her in Storrs. Her passing is what intrigues me the most. Geno loves passing posts and would fit in this offense like a glove. The passing big is what we're missing a la Gabby, Dolson, Nelson-Ododa.

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score
I'm a fan and I am not unhappy with Strong winning it. With that said, I just thought the best player from the best team with the toughest schedule had a really, really good shot to win this award.

Reaction Score
I'm not familiar with the competition they each faced, but I'm guessing Strong's was much higher level?
IMO: "NO" Morgan Cheli's high school, Archbishop MITTY, is the # 1 High School team in the COUNTRY! THEY WON IT
on the court in two national tournaments over Christmas and New Years. Then they
continued to win all WINTER. Their Coach is the NATIONAL H.S. COACH of the year.
Morgan Cheli is the BEST player on the BEST Team. She is the COURT GENERAL... the
stick that stirs the CHEMISTRY of Mitty WBB. Morgan and her teammate McKenna W.
are the "M & M" duet. (Morgan, Ms. OUTSIDE to McKenna, Ms. INSIDE, a rising junior).
McKenna is also a POI for UNCONN (see recruiting lists elsewhere
on the boneyard). Imagine two super freshmen (Morgan and Sarah) becoming super Sophs, then Super JUNIORS,
It is like the combo of C Clark and Cinzano (sorry about the spelling). This is a very
good UCONN recruiting class as it stands... with SARAH STRONG is becomes........... !!!!!!

Reaction Score
Both theses kids are listed at 6'2". Were Strong to come to UConn would they be competing for the same spot or is one a better ball handler/three points threat and the other more of an inside player?

Reaction Score
IMO: "NO" Morgan Cheli's high school, Archbishop MITTY, is the # 1 High School team in the COUNTRY! THEY WON IT
on the court in two national tournaments over Christmas and New Years. Then they
continued to win all WINTER. Their Coach is the NATIONAL H.S. COACH of the year.
Morgan Cheli is the BEST player on the BEST Team. She is the COURT GENERAL... the
stick that stirs the CHEMISTRY of Mitty WBB. Morgan and her teammate McKenna W.
are the "M & M" duet. (Morgan, Ms. OUTSIDE to McKenna, Ms. INSIDE, a rising junior).
McKenna is also a POI for UNCONN (see recruiting lists elsewhere
on the boneyard). Imagine two super freshmen (Morgan and Sarah) becoming super Sophs, then Super JUNIORS,
It is like the combo of C Clark and Cinzano (sorry about the spelling). This is a very
good UCONN recruiting class as it stands... with SARAH STRONG is becomes........... !!!!!!
McKenna Woliczko is a Sophmore this year (next year will be her junior year..)
And, as you stated, she is a really good player (POI) !
I saw an article recently that said She was picked as national Freshman of the Year by both SBLive Sports and MaxPreps in 2022-23, while averaging more than 20 points and 10 rebounds per game.!
Like you, I say, Here's Hoping!

Reaction Score
NOTE: In my above comment I was not IMPLYING that SARAH would play at the # 5,
POST POSITION. IMO, Sarah is a natural # 4, Power Forward. The combination of
the skill of Morgan with the skill of SARAH is DYNAMITE!!! ... FOR FOUR YEARS!!
EXPLOSIVE CHEMISTRY!! GREAT BASKETBALL! GO SARAH, GO MORAN, GO HUSKIES

Reaction Score
Both theses kids are listed at 6'2". Were Strong to come to UConn would they be competing for the same spot or is one a better ball handler/three points threat and the other more of an inside player?
Strong offensively is likely a 3/4 and defensively probably a 4. Cheli can play 1 thru 3 at both ends and both are excellent passers and good shooters.

Reaction Score
See my second note... but I would love to hear other BONEYARDER'S opinions are on these things.
MORGAN is probable 6'1", but she is sometime listed as 6'2". Morgan is an athletic, trim,
combo guard, maybe a "WING", but she was the P.G. for ARCHBISHOP MITTY H.S.
She has never been considered as an "INSIDE/DOWN LOW" or "POWER FORWARD". As to height =
think of Morgan as a Caitlin Clark body type. IMO there would NOT be a "competition"
between the two... but synergy!! More OPINIONS PLEASE!!

Reaction Score
Strong offensively is likely a 3/4 and defensively probably a 4. Cheli can play 1 thru 3 at both ends and both are excellent passers and good shooters.
THANKS FOR YOUR input... I agree! GO UCONN!

Reaction Score
McKenna Woliczko is a Sophmore this year (next year will be her junior year..)
And, as you stated, she is a really good player (POI) !
I saw an article recently that said She was picked as national Freshman of the Year by both SBLive Sports and MaxPreps in 2022-23, while averaging more than 20 points and 10 rebounds per game.!
Like you, I say, Here's Hoping!
THANKS FOR THE INPUT. NOTE: McKenna Woliczko is a "SUPERB" athlete... She
also EXCELS in SOFTBALL, being a TALL, and far ranging SHORTSTOP on the
MITTY W softball team. Tall and Athletic, a great team player, and if you
read Morgan's and McKenna's profile articles = Both are just like SARAH.. REAL COMPETITORS.

Reaction Score
Could be KK supporting a friend, could also be KK supporting a future teammate. :cool:

IMG_1125.jpeg

Reaction Score
I think it is the biggest question regarding next season, though we must stay focused on this one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom