Sarah Strong announcing tomorrow 4/6 at 11:00 am on ESPN | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sarah Strong announcing tomorrow 4/6 at 11:00 am on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now the timing makes sense : Lawson is not going to Tennessee… Sarah is coming to Duke… Losing Strong doesn’t bother me as much as when we lost Boston! We need a talented big in the middle , not another wing..
So uconn does not need the no 1 recruit who by
All accounts has potential to be a generational
Player fits perfectly in the uconn system and given
Her body type and strength can guard in the post
And by the way we have a 6:5 player injured who
The coach believes will be a star next yesr

Reaction Score
Maybe we should lock this thread up since people can't comprehend that kids no longer sign Letter of Intents on the hoods of their cars.

And also...all you people would be thrilled to see her commit on national TV to our beloved Huskies!

I want to see it plastered on social media as much as possible! Would be great for the program!

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
So much like Vizzini in the Princess Bride, my head is swirling with wildly conflicting conjecture.
Don't be a victim to one of the classic blunders. The second most famous of which is to never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line, but only slightly less well known is this: Never bet against Geno and CD.

Reaction Score
It would be awfully confusing if Imari Berry came here.

Unless her decision is somehow dependent on the outcome of the Iowa game, I very much doubt Strong is coming here. (I guess there's a small chance, if Ziebell and Cheli tried to persuade her at the game the other day.)

I hope Connecticut works hard to try and land Sara Somfai.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe the family car doesn’t have a hood.
Well let's get her one...
sexy happy days GIF

Reaction Score
Not really
Why in the world would you doubt that when it’s been widely reported that they have already offered a similar player in Emily Rodriguez? If that doesn’t happen he has already shown (with Dorka & Lou) his willingness/ability to find good players in the portal! I don’t think here’s any doubt that Geno knows exactly what he will do if Strong goes elsewhere! Having said that, I have no idea what will happen tomorrow. Of course I hope she comes to UConn ( but only if she is very sure of her choice) as I believe she is going to be a generational type player! However, I would remind those who are likely to be crushed if she doesn’t that our roster, which is expected to finally be fully healthy next season, is already (on paper) one of the most talent laden ones in UConn’s illustrious history! Plus, even if Strong goes elsewhere, there is little doubt that we will get another talented player to add to that roster! So, regardless of tomorrow’s outcome, UConn is looking great for the next few years!

Reaction Score
A lot of members are saying finally. But what are we going to discuss on the Boneyard when the decision is finally made? It could be a long hot summer. Maybe Sarah should delay the announcement.

Leah Macy, Brynn McGaughy and/or Lara Somfai?

Starting lineups for next season? That’s always a good one.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Sorry, but I don’t like her timing. The focus tomorrow should be on the two teams and the players getting set to square off for the national championship. However, if she chooses UConn I might forgive her.
It is only the Boneyard that is putting so much focus on Strong's decision.

Reaction Score
Geno been bulling out of his hat all season it guessing he ain’t stopping now!

Reaction Score
If she chooses UConn - great. If not -- meh. Sarah doesn't stand between us and an outstanding team next year. If she was 6'6" and really talented I'd care a whole lot more.
You’re gonna need some rebounding….losing Edward’s can’t be understated. The injured players either aren’t rebounders or haven’t proven that they are at this level.

Reaction Score
Really?!?! Did you ever see Aubrey?!?!
You realize she could miss a chunk of season at beginning. If you wanna go into a season with Audrey and your rebounder you ain’t going far.

Reaction Score
What does the recruiting site crystal ball say about her likely destination? They are usually right.

I expect her to go elsewhere and a few years down the line say she really wanted to be a Husky. ;)

Orc

Reaction Score
This must be the record for the longest time uconn had to wait for answer from a recruit.

Reaction Score
Interesting timing that she would announce it during the weekend that should be reserved for the Final Four teams for both women and men. Not cool.

I have a 99% strong gut feeling that she’s off to Duke, wanting to carve her own path like she did with her announcement timing and also try to bring Duke its first women’s national championship.
Both Duke and N Carolina are late comers, the only school she has stuck by is UConn, when it was UConn, LSU and South Carolina. It could be Duke, but a lot of people are saying it’s Carolina. I do agree with you though that announcing during FF weekend is not cool. I mean if it is Duke or Carolina imagine calling Geno to tell him no, right before the Iowa game. I just think that would be really a rotten thing to do, and she’s a sweet kid. Then again she could tell him yes, right before the Iowa game. It’s a tough decision for her, I’ll bet she wishes she could say yes to all three. So Who knows.

Reaction Score
Genii- I choose to use my second wish on tonight’s game, not tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Why in the world would you doubt that when it’s been widely reported that they have already offered a similar player in Emily Rodriguez? If that doesn’t happen he has already shown (with Dorka & Lou) his willingness/ability to find good players in the portal! I don’t think here’s any doubt that Geno knows exactly what he will do if Strong goes elsewhere! Having said that, I have no idea what will happen tomorrow. Of course I hope she comes to UConn ( but only if she is very sure of her choice) as I believe she is going to be a generational type player! However, I would remind those who are likely to be crushed if she doesn’t that our roster, which is expected to finally be fully healthy next season, is already (on paper) one of the most talent laden ones in UConn’s illustrious history! Plus, even if Strong goes elsewhere, there is little doubt that we will get another talented player to add to that roster! So, regardless of tomorrow’s outcome, UConn is looking great for the next few years!
There is no one that they are going to recruit even close to the town level of Sarah strong this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom