Saniya is #1 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Saniya is #1

Reaction Score
I take issue with that statement.

It sounds like she was the only one playing defense and that she was calling all the defensive shots (not the coaching staff).

I've said it before- the coaching staff didn't see it coming? If she played such bad defense why didn't they teach her in her freshman year and that training camp?

You heard of "passing the buck"?
Well, take issue with Geno then, since he was the one who said it. If you watch the game, you'll see that Geno continues to send in Kia Nurse (in only her 2nd college game). But then Kia fouls out, and Saniya goes back in and even the announcers say that she's not playing good defense. So, yes, the coaching staff saw it coming.

You don't think the coaching staff hadn't tried to teach her effective defense? You can't blame coaching if a player doesn't learn something. It's like saying that the coaching staff hasn't taught Natalie to hold onto the ball better. Of course, they've tried and she's tried, but she is who she is.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Well, take issue with Geno then, since he was the one who said it. If you watch the game, you'll see that Geno continues to send in Kia Nurse (in only her 2nd college game). But then Kia fouls out, and Saniya goes back in and even the announcers say that she's not playing good defense. So, yes, the coaching staff saw it coming.

You don't think the coaching staff hadn't tried to teach her effective defense? You can't blame coaching if a player doesn't learn something. It's like saying that the coaching staff hasn't taught Natalie to hold onto the ball better. Of course, they've tried and she's tried, but she is who she is.
announcers say it long enough you start to believe it

Reaction Score

I'm starting to think Geno's a pretty good coach and he might know what he's talking about. If he just wins another 90 or so in a row, I might be convinced.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom