Samuel | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Samuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's going to be interesting to see how our guard rotation will play out over the next couple of seasons. On paper we will have some more talented offensive players, but as Ricky continues to coach him up, he will be such a defensive beast that it will be hard to keep him off the court.

It also amazes me how no one seems to be able to stay in front of him on defense. He's constantly blowing by people even with no real threat of an outside shot right now.

Our 2013 recruiting class has turned out to be a really, really good one.

Brimah, Samuel: love the mentality KO is looking for in his recruits. Size, confidence, toughness makes up for any skill shortcomings in comparison to what the ESPN 60 may be sporting.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Brimah, Samuel: love the mentality KO is looking for in his recruits. Size, confidence, toughness makes up for any skill shortcomings in comparison to what the ESPN 60 may be the sporting.

50% of success in college is intangibles and they both get an A+ for effort, attitude, and making the team better when they are on the court. An amazing defensive combo going forward!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Brimah, Samuel: love the mentality KO is looking for in his recruits. Size, confidence, toughness makes up for any skill shortcomings in comparison to what the ESPN 60 may be the sporting.

Sounds like the Calhoun method! KO learns well.

Reaction Score
Kid was going to be a player since the jump. He's a NYC player and he has toughness and while he's not always super silky he's effective...in that regard he reminds me of Taliek.

This. Built like Taliek and plays a lot like him. Even if the jumper doesn't develop over time he's going to be a very effective guard for the next few years. Heck, he may play an important role this weekend.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
This. Built like Taliek and plays a lot like him. Even if the jumper doesn't develop over time he's going to be a very effective guard for the next few years. Heck, he may play an important role this weekend.

Heck, he already did against Villanova!

And coming from one of the few guys on here who loved Taliek, I like the comparison.

Reaction Score
If TSam improves his jump shot he could be deadly as a point forward in a 3 guard lineup. Give him the Henefeld role. He has a nose for the ball on defense like Nadav and he passes like Nadav.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I know I said this when I went to the open practice last month, but it bears repeating. Ollie rode T-Sam in that practice. He was harder on him than anyone else, and it wasn't close. He saw greatness in Terrance, and he knew he was going to be our next great point guard. Him and Boatright are going to start next year; there's no doubt in my mind. Will be plenty of minutes to go around for Boatright, T-Sam, Purvis, and Hamilton to fill 3 spots.

Reaction Score
I know I said this when I went to the open practice last month, but it bears repeating. Ollie rode T-Sam in that practice. He was harder on him than anyone else, and it wasn't close. He saw greatness in Terrance, and he knew he was going to be our next great point guard. Him and Boatright are going to start next year; there's no doubt in my mind. Will be plenty of minutes to go around for Boatright, T-Sam, Purvis, and Hamilton to fill 3 spots.

and Cassell. We are fully loaded next year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Forgot about Sam. And he's a juco guy, so not your typical freshman coming in.

Not only is he a Juco guy, his dad played 15 years in the league and is an NBA assistant coach. I expect Jr to be about as far along as a first year player can be.

Reaction Score
Not only is he a Juco guy, his dad played 15 years in the league and is an NBA assistant coach. I expect Jr to be about as far along as a first year player can be.

Exactly. When the 2014-2015 season starts he will have graduated from high school 3.5 years ago. That's a long time to work on his game and body compared to most freshman who have .5 years and don't have all of the advantages of an NBA dad.

I don't necessarily expect him to play like a savvy senior, but given all the time he has had to improve and get great coaching he should not be far off.

For those that don't know, he played 1 year of prep school + 1 year of redshirting at JUCO + 1 year of playing JUCO.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
For those that don't know, he played 1 year of prep school + 1 year of redshirting at JUCO + 1 year of playing JUCO.

So he's still got 3 left no?

Reaction Score
So he's still got 3 left no?

correct. Prep is considered to be highschool. A redshirt in JUCO meant he didn't lose that year. This season he is currently playing is the only one that takes up eligibiilty. So yes, 3 years but he will be the same age as most players are at the start of their junior or senior year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom