Sally Jenkins hit piece on Edsall | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sally Jenkins hit piece on Edsall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Quoting this before you get the chance to edit/delete it.

Randy Edsall - Wikipedia

2011–2012[edit]

Randy Edsall along the sideline during the Terps' 2013 game vs. the Clemson Tigers.
Edsall was hired in 2011 after he led the University of Connecticut to its first appearance in a BCS bowl game. In Edsall's inaugural season, the Terrapins finished with a record of 2–10. In 2012, the Terrapins finished with a 4–8 record. On November 19, 2012, the school announced it was joining the Big Ten Conference and leaving the Atlantic Coast Conference, a conference Maryland cofounded in 1953 with Clemson. The Big Ten is a revenue-sharing conference that, thanks to the success of the Big Ten Network, in recent years, has generated more revenue than any other conference, distributing that money among its members.

2013[edit]
Edsall has seen steady improvement in his three years as Maryland's coach: going from 2–10 in his first year, to 4–8 in his second. In 2013, his third season as head coach, after defeating West Virginia in one of the program's biggest wins over West Virginia, Edsall led his 4–0 team into the Associated Press top 25 poll, entering at #25. They would fall out of the rankings the following week after a road loss to eventual National Champion, then ranked #8 Florida State. The highlight of the season came in Lane Stadium at Virginia Tech. The Terrapins had multiple starters out due to injury heading into the game. Maryland stunned Virginia Tech and all but ending their ACC Championship hopes by beating them in overtime, 27–24. The victory also made the Terrapins bowl eligible. It was the first time since 1949 that the Terrapins won in Lane Stadium and the first time since 1990 that Maryland had beaten Virginia Tech. The Terrapins finished the regular season 7–5, earning bowl eligibility for the first time under Edsall, a steady improvement from the previous 4–8 season. In the Terrapins final game of the regular season, the team ended on a high note: winning their last conference game as a member of the ACC, 41–21 on the road against NC State. After a successful season in what would be their last in the ACC, the Terrapins were invited to the Military Bowl in Annapolis, Maryland.[citation needed]

2014[edit]
In 2014, Edsall guided the Terrapins to a third-place finish in the Big Ten East. Finishing behind Michigan State and the eventual National Champions, the Ohio State Buckeyes. After a 3–1 start, the Terrapins won their inaugural Big Ten game with a victory at Indiana 37–15. They then went on to win their first game at home in the Big Ten, defeating the Iowa Hawkeyes 38–31. The Terrapins biggest win of the season and one of the biggest wins in program history came on November 1, 2014. The Terrapins traveled to State College, Pennsylvania to play the Penn State Nittany Lions. Previously, Penn State had dominated the series and the rivalry with a record of 35–1–1 against Maryland and the Terrapins had never won in Beaver Stadium. Maryland's lone win came at Byrd Stadium in 1961. Brad Craddock, the eventual Lou Groza Award winner, kicked a 43-yard field goal with 51 seconds left to give the Terrapins their first win at Beaver Stadium and their first win over the Nittany Lions since 1961. Trying to build this old regional rivalry back up, in a post-game interview Randy Edsall said "let the rivalry begin".[2] A few weeks later saw another milestone for the Maryland Football program. Maryland had never beaten Michigan in football in 3 prior meetings with the Wolverines. On November 22, 2014, the Terrapins ended that streak by beating Michigan in the Big House 23–16, which assured the Terrapins of back-to-back winning seasons for just the third time in the past 30 years. The Terrapins finished their inaugural Big Ten season 7–5 (4–4) with a third-place finish in the East division. They posted the conference's best road record at 5–1. The Terrapins also made it to back-to-back bowl games as they were invited to the Foster Farms Bowl in Santa Clara, California. It was also announced that the program had its highest APR scores in program history since the APR's inception (973 multi year, 991 single year). This came after losing scholarships upon his arrival because of bad APR scores from the seasons before he arrived in College Park.

2015[edit]
On June 30, 2015, it was announced that the University of Maryland and Randy Edsall had agreed upon a 3-year extension through 2019 worth 7.5 million dollars. On October 11, 2015, Edsall was relieved of his duties with offensive coordinator Mike Locksley named as the interim head coach for the rest of the 2015 season.[3]

That's 3+. he was fired during his 4th season.

I counted the players from 2012 on. If someone was drafted in 2015, they played for him.

I would love to hear how you manage to make it through a day.
Wait are you really this dumb? No way cannot be possible

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 is 4 full seasons you idiot\

My god no wonder you have the takes you do, you cannot count to 4!!!

Randy Edsall Coaching Record

2011 Maryland 2–10 1–7 6th (Atlantic)
2012 Maryland 4–8 2–6 5th (Atlantic)
2013 Maryland 7–6 3–5 5th (Atlantic) L Military
Maryland Terrapins (Big Ten Conference) (2014–2015)
2014 Maryland 7–6 4–4 3rd (East) L Foster Farms
2015 Maryland 2–4 0–2 7th (East)

Reaction Score
Quoting this before you get the chance to edit/delete it.

Randy Edsall - Wikipedia

2011–2012[edit]

Randy Edsall along the sideline during the Terps' 2013 game vs. the Clemson Tigers.
Edsall was hired in 2011 after he led the University of Connecticut to its first appearance in a BCS bowl game. In Edsall's inaugural season, the Terrapins finished with a record of 2–10. In 2012, the Terrapins finished with a 4–8 record. On November 19, 2012, the school announced it was joining the Big Ten Conference and leaving the Atlantic Coast Conference, a conference Maryland cofounded in 1953 with Clemson. The Big Ten is a revenue-sharing conference that, thanks to the success of the Big Ten Network, in recent years, has generated more revenue than any other conference, distributing that money among its members.

2013[edit]
Edsall has seen steady improvement in his three years as Maryland's coach: going from 2–10 in his first year, to 4–8 in his second. In 2013, his third season as head coach, after defeating West Virginia in one of the program's biggest wins over West Virginia, Edsall led his 4–0 team into the Associated Press top 25 poll, entering at #25. They would fall out of the rankings the following week after a road loss to eventual National Champion, then ranked #8 Florida State. The highlight of the season came in Lane Stadium at Virginia Tech. The Terrapins had multiple starters out due to injury heading into the game. Maryland stunned Virginia Tech and all but ending their ACC Championship hopes by beating them in overtime, 27–24. The victory also made the Terrapins bowl eligible. It was the first time since 1949 that the Terrapins won in Lane Stadium and the first time since 1990 that Maryland had beaten Virginia Tech. The Terrapins finished the regular season 7–5, earning bowl eligibility for the first time under Edsall, a steady improvement from the previous 4–8 season. In the Terrapins final game of the regular season, the team ended on a high note: winning their last conference game as a member of the ACC, 41–21 on the road against NC State. After a successful season in what would be their last in the ACC, the Terrapins were invited to the Military Bowl in Annapolis, Maryland.[citation needed]

2014[edit]
In 2014, Edsall guided the Terrapins to a third-place finish in the Big Ten East. Finishing behind Michigan State and the eventual National Champions, the Ohio State Buckeyes. After a 3–1 start, the Terrapins won their inaugural Big Ten game with a victory at Indiana 37–15. They then went on to win their first game at home in the Big Ten, defeating the Iowa Hawkeyes 38–31. The Terrapins biggest win of the season and one of the biggest wins in program history came on November 1, 2014. The Terrapins traveled to State College, Pennsylvania to play the Penn State Nittany Lions. Previously, Penn State had dominated the series and the rivalry with a record of 35–1–1 against Maryland and the Terrapins had never won in Beaver Stadium. Maryland's lone win came at Byrd Stadium in 1961. Brad Craddock, the eventual Lou Groza Award winner, kicked a 43-yard field goal with 51 seconds left to give the Terrapins their first win at Beaver Stadium and their first win over the Nittany Lions since 1961. Trying to build this old regional rivalry back up, in a post-game interview Randy Edsall said "let the rivalry begin".[2] A few weeks later saw another milestone for the Maryland Football program. Maryland had never beaten Michigan in football in 3 prior meetings with the Wolverines. On November 22, 2014, the Terrapins ended that streak by beating Michigan in the Big House 23–16, which assured the Terrapins of back-to-back winning seasons for just the third time in the past 30 years. The Terrapins finished their inaugural Big Ten season 7–5 (4–4) with a third-place finish in the East division. They posted the conference's best road record at 5–1. The Terrapins also made it to back-to-back bowl games as they were invited to the Foster Farms Bowl in Santa Clara, California. It was also announced that the program had its highest APR scores in program history since the APR's inception (973 multi year, 991 single year). This came after losing scholarships upon his arrival because of bad APR scores from the seasons before he arrived in College Park.

2015[edit]
On June 30, 2015, it was announced that the University of Maryland and Randy Edsall had agreed upon a 3-year extension through 2019 worth 7.5 million dollars. On October 11, 2015, Edsall was relieved of his duties with offensive coordinator Mike Locksley named as the interim head coach for the rest of the 2015 season.[3]

That's 3+. he was fired during his 4th season.

I counted the players from 2012 on. If someone was drafted in 2015, they played for him.

I would love to hear how you manage to make it through a day.
I am still with my jaw on the floor over this, I mean does you mom tie your shoes before you go to school or do you still wear velcros??????

Reaction Score
Edsall=Petrino?
Can you share the pictures of the coed riding on Edsalls Harley he was banging or pictures of the woman Edsall banged on a pizza shop table - I know that is Pitino - I still want to see the ladies in scumbag comparison, if your don't mind.
...and don't forget how Petrino left Louisville and what his comments about Louisville were. And he goes back to Louisville so, Edsall returns and our stubborn grudge should be greater for coach Edsall who made a mis-step than those of Louisville... I can't even begin having to put these two names in the same sentence for comparison. Also coach Edsall never talked badly about UConn! And his former players are all excited about him being here. I rooted for those guys and never spent 5 minutes in any of HCRE's practices, so I'll look more for their judgement than I will for any journalist or other opinion fluff piece as to how I/we should react to his character. Me I would love to participate in one of his practices but my football talent wouldn't even warrant a passing hello! Some kids get better opportunities than others, would Sally of the Washington Post defend another losing season at UConn. We are in a very bad place. I look forward to HCRE winning, and as a fan I will give our coach the same time interval for improvement I would give any other coach...but in truth, he only needs to satisfy the admin and the boosters....satisfying me...I accept is NOT on his radar...I only wish other fans could accept this same perception on reality!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I've had all I can take of this non issue and the hypocrisy.

Kid's parents are total whiners.

I've stopped feeling bad for the kid too. He will be able to pick from a number of schools and get a free education playing football. He just won't be able to attend the school he wanted to because he simply wasn't good enough. The horror of it all!

Tell that to the kids who don't have that opportunity who will come out of college saddled with a 6 figure debt.

Screw this.

Look at this. Eight people agreed with you, but when I said the same thing yesterday, people told me I was too hard on the kid...

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Look at this. Eight people agreed with you, but when I said the same thing yesterday, people told me I was too hard on the kid...
Maybe it's your presentation - just saying.

That and Jimmy has a hard core following.

**bear with me for 7 days - I'm banned from the Cesspool currently**

Reaction Score
Yeah, you got me. I looked at 2011-2012 quickly and didn't realize the first paragraph included two seasons.

My mistake.

However, it was 10 players. Like I said. Not 7.

But you're still a beautiful moron for comparing him to Petrino and Calipari.

And you're still a petulant child for holding a grudge against somebody who did nothing to you, and apologized for it anyway.

And you're still wrong about literally everything else you said in this thread.

I do tie my laces. Over/under, rabbit ear, wrap around and push it through!
The scumbag comment is a matter of opinion, which since you cannot count to 4 or read a Wikipedia page which lists his record year by year your opinion is worthless because your simply not very smart.

His tenure at Maryland saw a clear decline in players going to the NFL, the numbers are clear, you want dispute those to? They involve counting above 4 so be careful.

Reaction Score
I really don't care about Edsall, I am impressed with the coordinators he pulled in. That speaks for itself, no?

Reaction Score
Guys, these rationalizations and counter-arguments do not dispel a basic fact - UConn is on the wrong side of the argument and we will take a beating (fair or not). The best thing UConn could do is say they examined the situation and intend to stick by their commitment and turn this in its head by leading reform efforts. Hiding from it or ignoring it won't remove the tarnish.

Reaction Score
Look. It was a dumb move by Edsall. It's worse because it reflects on UConn.

He has never figured out the value of public relations. He still hasn't. Right or wrong doesn't matter. Perceptions matter. And Randy clearly doesn't get it.

Reaction Score
And yet you can't count to 10, nor read well enough to see that i included UDFAs.

The smugness is incredible. I'm smug, yes, but I can admit to mistakes. You refuse to admit your mistakes. Which have been pointed out and aren't matters of opinion. That's not an error in judgement, that's a character flaw. So I'm pretty sure you're just a giant DB.
I counted drafted players, you threw in undrafted, that was obvious. If you think this difference in how we looked at it makes you right about something or absolves your idiocy in which you tried to call me out but flat out made yourself look foolish fine, you deserve a victory.

The point remains that Maryland saw a decrease in NFL players during Edsalls tenure compared to the previous stretchs of similar years. This was my point which you foolishly tried to argue against and put on an amazing display of stupidity.

Reaction Score
I counted drafted players, you threw in undrafted, that was obvious. If you think this difference in how we looked at it makes you right about something or absolves your idiocy in which you tried to call me out but flat out made yourself look foolish fine, you deserve a victory.

The point remains that Maryland saw a decrease in NFL players during Edsalls tenure compared to the previous stretchs of similar years. This was my point which you foolishly tried to argue against and put on an amazing display of stupidity.

To be fair, Maryland was a ticking time bomb. The players didn't go to class, got poor grades, screwed up the APR, and had a lot of off the field issues.

Reaction Score
I'm new to this trolling stuff, but I've been having a little fun trolling the idiots who have been ripping Randy on the comments section of the Wash Post. Some of you people would be way better at it!

Reaction Score
To be fair, Maryland was a ticking time bomb. The players didn't go to class, got poor grades, screwed up the APR, and had a lot of off the field issues.

Exactly, and he still got players to the league. He did this while cleaning up a program and amid defections of kids not willing to accept a little discipline.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Still go back to Orlovsky's dad saying (and he was no fan of Randy)
His son would run through fire for him.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
What a poor excuse for journalism. U-Conn't write a hit piece if you aren't even informed enough to know how to properly spell/format UConn... Sally JERKins.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Edsall=Petrino?
Can you share the pictures of the coed riding on Edsalls Harley he was banging or pictures of the woman Edsall banged on a pizza shop table - I know that is Pitino - I still want to see the ladies in scumbag comparison, if your don't mind.

Technically Petrino was hauling employees around on his bike not coeds.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Technically Petrino was hauling employees around on his bike not coeds.

True, although she had previously been a co-ed at the school while he was a coach there.

Reaction Score
The men are entitled to their own opinions. Waquoit is a cool man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom