Sad sotry from tonight's game.. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sad sotry from tonight's game..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I actually saw this whole thing go down, and of course, half the story is being reported.

The mascot ran up the moveable stairs and got right in the face of the fan. The mascot actually HIT HIM first, which is why the fan didn't get in any trouble. Of course these reports will make Uconn look bad, but if they actually knew what happened, it would show a little different light. I ran down right when i saw it happen and I stayed to listen to what the cops said- from the cop to uconn fan "I saw the whole thing happen and I know you didn't do anything wrong. He hit you first." As i was listening, a couple of fans who were attorneys came up to the individual and gave him their card and said if anything happened they'd support him unconditionally.

Funny how the story gets twisted

Reaction Score
krugs, what section was this in? the visitor ISU section?

Reaction Score
next to the ISU section. It was in section 134. I have the game on DVR and you can clearly see the mascot come and run up the moveable stairs that were right in front of the fan. It's unfortunate what happened but it was absolutely instigated.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
after reading that^, now is is probally a good time for me to put down the smith and west that i have been carrying around with me since late last night.

Reaction Score
From the official UConn Statement released tonight:

"... Instead it was determined that the injuries were caused when the student in the mascot costumed tripped down the stairs. These facts were confirmed by the student mascot in an interview with the police. In addition, there were no patrons ejected from the game because of the incident.

Officials from both the UConn and Iowa State athletic departments worked together to make sure that the student received the proper medical treatment. Before departing Rentschler Field to return back to Ames, officials from ISU indicated that they were satisfied with the findings of the police."

Reaction Score
Im sure your fans were completely innocent, never would that happen at your stadium. Had to provoke CY, total ass of of a mascot, goes in on the road and askes for trouble . HE was in his your house! Makes complete sense!!!!!! Maybe my opinion of this school has changed. Almost went to UCONN but maybe glad I didnt.

Reaction Score
Glad to see this was an embellishment by some dumb hayseed. They can all STFU now.

Reaction Score
Well, I hope the UConn statement is true and this gets put to rest. It's amazing how much a story can get fabricated depending on who's telling it.

Reaction Score
I have a bit more information and it sounds credible given the eyewitness account we heard earlier. There was the aforementioned pushing and the kid fell and broke his arm. Police interviewed both kids and while cy could have pressed charges, he himself would have been arrested as well for his involvement in the altercation. So, I can see that this is probably the fuzziness that's clouding the situation. If anyone sees the kids Facebook page where he's claiming to be a total victim, probably can call him out on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom