Sad sotry from tonight's game.. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sad sotry from tonight's game..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"You just joined a list Uconn. Previously on the list was Bin Laden."

Oh please. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I hope the kid is ok if this is true. This is horrible behavior by someone to do this. I hope they find the person responsible and band the person from future UCONN events. No visiting fans deserve this kind of behavior.

Reaction Score
Blame Pasqualoni. So we can fire him and hired someone else. Than have the students jail for assault like they should be. But don't take away our ability to cleanly heckle just because of a few spoiled apples. Which is what they're going to do. Any time someone says "YOU SUCK" now they're going to treat it as a threat and yell at the yeller and kick them out. And we will be forced into calling the other team "Bad Telliutubbies" because it is the most angry thing they will let us say. All because a few bad apples try to do bad things. Not fair. Oh, and we won't even be allowed to call the other team "Bad Purple Tellitubbies" because we all know the purple one is gay so that's homophobic. (Oh, and he is definitely gay. Read this article)

Reaction Score
Nice to see we have "tradition" now. Our fans sure did show up. Unfortunately, the offense didn't. They are jealous of our championships elsewhere. I say we continue the series.

Reaction Score
I was in the section and saw it happen. The mascot pushed a uconn fan after he tried to give him five and then the uconn fan pushed the mascot back. Sorry to say it but it looked like the mascot caused the altercation.

Reaction Score
Those Cyclones fans sure are going melodramatic (an understatement, really) about this incident.

Reaction Score
"Philadephia Eagles fans would like to thank the UConn fans for the reputation upgrade. Eagles Fans now look like Mother Theresa compared to Huskies."

Another gem.

Any chance they can all just get a grip and wait until the facts come out about this particular incident and give the proper authorities the chance to respond accordingly before they indict the whole university?

Reaction Score
Nice to see we have "tradition" now. Our fans sure did show up. Unfortunately, the offense didn't. They are jealous of our championships elsewhere. I say we continue the series.

Hilarious. You think ISU fans give two about a basketball championship? We are in the midwest, football is king.

Reaction Score
I can't blame Iowa state fans being pi$$ed off at this. I do hope these individuals are caught and properly punished. And, most important, the mascot recover fully with no permanent damage.
I did notice on another UConn message board an Iowa State fan referred to UConn football as "east coast ". Certain people from other parts of the country have a hatred towards everything from Washington to Boston. I do believe that we are part of the same country that Iowa and the rest of the midwest is in. Don't blame the actions of a few on the entire east coast. What is their problem with the east coast?

Reaction Score
I can't blame Iowa state fans being pi$$ed off at this. I do hope these individuals are caught and properly punished. And, most important, the mascot recover fully with no permanent damage.
I did notice on another UConn message board an Iowa State fan referred to UConn football as "east coast ". Certain people from other parts of the country have a hatred towards everything from Washington to Boston. I do believe that we are part of the same country that Iowa and the rest of the midwest is in. Don't blame the actions of a few on the entire east coast. What is their problem with the east coast?

It's more biased perception than anything. We look at the East Coast and laugh for a lot of reasons. I'm not saying it's anywhere near correct, but we look at East Coasters as unintelligent, which is Iowa natives just being overly cocky. Iowa is a very liberal state with high level education and next to no crime, we basically set ourselves up to be s.

Personally, I don't agree with it. I always enjoy my time spent near the Atlantic.

I've been giving UConn some since last night, but the reality is that it's a great school, great community and a very good team.

Reaction Score
ISU fan here. Except for a couple of knuckleheads, by no means do we feel that the actions of those who injured our mascot represent the fans of UCONN. Just one of many unfortunate incidents that happen every week all over the country at games. It was an exciting game to watch and the players all played hard. No hard feelings here. Good luck on the rest of your season.

P.S.- Cy is a Cardinal b/c our colors are Cardinal and Gold. Our high school is also the Cyclones and they tried to have a cyclone as a mascot once. It was basically a kid in a circular shower curtain who would run around spinning. NOT a pretty sight! It didn't last long!

Reaction Score
ISU fan here. Except for a couple of knuckleheads, by no means do we feel that the actions of those who injured our mascot represent the fans of UCONN. Just one of many unfortunate incidents that happen every week all over the country at games. It was an exciting game to watch and the players all played hard. No hard feelings here. Good luck on the rest of your season.

P.S.- Cy is a Cardinal b/c our colors are Cardinal and Gold. Our high school is also the Cyclones and they tried to have a cyclone as a mascot once. It was basically a kid in a circular shower curtain who would run around spinning. NOT a pretty sight! It didn't last long!

Cy is a Cardinal because it was originally the Iowa State Cardinals. The team changed names in the early 1900's after a game with Northwestern in which ISU rolled them and a Chicago newspaper put out the headline (not verbatim) "An Iowa State Cyclone Rolled Through Evanston".

Cy being a Cardinal is a shout out to the past.

Fun Fact: Nebraska was originally the Nebraska Bug Eaters.

Reaction Score
I was in the section and saw it happen. The mascot pushed a uconn fan after he tried to give him five and then the uconn fan pushed the mascot back. Sorry to say it but it looked like the mascot caused the altercation.

Why would the mascot push the UConn fan over that?

Reaction Score
Why would the mascot push the UConn fan over that?

To be funny, I'd assume. Mascots fake that kind of stuff all the time and its generally assumed that you don't push them over in response.

For what it's worth, I liked their mascot in the first half. He was trying to rile up the student section and the section right next to it. I think that's fun.

Apparently someone did not, alas...

Reaction Score
To be funny, I'd assume. Mascots fake that kind of stuff all the time and its generally assumed that you don't push them over in response.

For what it's worth, I liked their mascot in the first half. He was trying to rile up the student section and the section right next to it. I think that's fun.

Apparently someone did not, alas...

If that's true, I wouldn't put the blame on the mascot then. He/she was just doing what mascots do. The idiot who pushed him/her down should have known better either way.

Reaction Score

Was he in shower gear? If so, perhaps they could have had a cheerleader do it.... Naah, that's too risque. But it would be fun.

Reaction Score
Why would the mascot risk being fired from a job he is passionate about?!

This just made me laugh.

Sure a mascot loves pumping up the crowd and all, but they kind of sugar-coated this response.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I actually had some fun with Cy before the game. Typical nonsense. He offered a high 5. I declined. He hugged me and I pushed his big head away.

I wonder if the shove from the fan was intended to be that hard. Mascots are very top heavy because of their heads. The way you described it I almost wonder if he gave a firm shove to the costume head and made the guy lose his balance. That would matter even more if it involved flipping over a railing or something because his center of gravity is probably above the railing whereas it would normally be just below it or right around it.

Reaction Score
Just wanted to post this. Also, best of luck the rest of season. I don't think less of UCONN as a whole. Just no need for any of this stuff. It's just a game.
http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/general-discussion/128364-thanks-all-your-support-guys.html

Thanks for the update. I wish the guy a speedy recovery and hope the jerk responsible for his injuries get his comeuppance. Always hate to see things like this happen anywhere, let alone when it's caused by someone in our fan base. All the best to your mascot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom