S.C. Media Guy on Paige | The Boneyard

S.C. Media Guy on Paige

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I have not kept track of net efficiency ratings this year. Bueckers was also the best in her freshman season, which is why she won POY over Boston and Clark.

But she also benefited from the hype that year. This year the hype is not in her favor.

Besides which, defense tends to be more valued in posts, the “anchors” of defense. The WNBA will take her defense in full account though.

Reaction Score
If you want to fill seats then no one is even close to CC, but if you want the player that will make your team it's best I would take Paige. I think she has proven many times she can do what ever is necessary without being selfish in her play. Maybe she should be a little more selfish this year but that isn't her game and it would be difficult to completely change for a season.

The POY most likely has already been decided and I really think CC will get it based on the mountains she covered this season and her career. If Paige and CC both went to the WNBA the same season I would take Paige if I needed a player to make my team better and I would take CC if I needed a centerpiece to build around and fill seats. Paige will show in the tournament what she has when it counts.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have not kept track of net efficiency ratings this year. Bueckers was also the best in her freshman season, which is why she won POY over Boston and Clark.

But she also benefited from the hype that year. This year the hype is not in her favor.

Besides which, defense tends to be more valued in posts, the “anchors” of defense. The WNBA will take her defense in full account though.
I feel sorry for Paige that the best she can look forward to is the WNBA.

Reaction Score
I feel sorry for Paige that the best she can look forward to is the WNBA.
It certainly doesn’t come across as very welcoming to incoming rookies. I suppose that’s what often happens though when there are a very limited number of roster spots and everyone that comes in is a threat o someone else's job. I think I might be inclined to look at foreign opportunities where I could maximize my pay. I’m glad Paige is not being branded the savior of the league like Clark as I am concerned Clark may have a rough time of it when she arrives. Fortunately, I believe she and Boston are on good terms so hopefully, she’ll have an ally from day one.

Reaction Score
Caitlin is very likely to get the NPOY for all the reasons mentioned in this thread. I don’t feel bad for Paige, though, since she has already proven herself with respect to this award. No one doubts that Paige is one of the greats.

However, I can imagine an ironic result if Caitlin gets NPOY and Iowa fizzles in the tournament while Paige carries UConn to the EE or even the FF. In such a case, that award could seem underserved, even a millstone around Caitlin’s neck. It would be like a reminder of who the greater player is. This wouldn’t be fair, of course, since Caitlin is a great player. But it could be what results.

Reaction Score
Caitlin is very likely to get the NPOY for all the reasons mentioned in this thread. I don’t feel bad for Paige, though, since she has already proven herself with respect to this award. No one doubts that Paige is one of the greats.

However, I can imagine an ironic result if Caitlin gets NPOY and Iowa fizzles in the tournament while Paige carries UConn to the EE or even the FF. In such a case, that award could seem underserved, even a millstone around Caitlin’s neck. It would be like a reminder of who the greater player is. This wouldn’t be fair, of course, since Caitlin is a great player. But it could be what results.
A good reason to move all of these awards to after the tournament. I don't know why they have to be voted on now when all of the games aren't done being played.

Reaction Score
Ive said it before. I prefer Paige over Clark. Both awesome but I prefer Paige’s temperament over Clark. I believe Clark will get herself into trouble in the future by some of her actions when things aren’t going her way. Just noticed a pattern with her during her games.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
A millstone? Good lord. Where do you get these narratives. This grudge of yours against Caitlin is really something else.

1711164841871.jpeg

Reaction Score
He talks as if the NPOY has already been settled.
Bone Dog- - -Caitlin Clark as Player of the Year was decided back in September!
At least according to the Talking Suits!
You listen to the media and 99.9% made up their minds that CC invented WBB!
CC IS a great player, no doubt, but that's why you play the season so you can see what EVERYONE can do!
And I'm NOT saying CC doesn't deserve the POY just wait and see what shakes out!

Reaction Score

A millstone? Good lord. Where do you get these narratives. This grudge of yours against Caitlin is really something else.

View attachment 98081
Well said, Plebe... it's been true all year that, while paying lip service to Clark's talents, it's transparent Bone Dog will be lost next season when he doesn't have Caitlin in college basketball to ever so subtly disparage her.

Reaction Score
Well said, Plebe... it's been true all year that, while paying lip service to Clark's talents, it's transparent Bone Dog will be lost next season when he doesn't have Caitlin in college basketball to ever so subtly disparage her.
You guys need to learn to read better. I didn’t say anything critical about Caitlin. Defend her if you like, but leave me out of it. I’ve always said she’s a great player.

Reaction Score
Hoop Hall Awards, she's the lone playing the 4 being named as a finalist for the 2 - There is so much hype on JuJu but if Paige wins the award, she will be the lone player to have win it at 2 different "traditional" positions

Reaction Score
I'm a WBB fan, a UCONN fan (That is nearly the same), for me Stewie is the biggest success story, Diana and Maya are legends, BUT the best all around basketball player in my eye is Paige.

And I really hope she will have an injury free season with her bestie.

Reaction Score
You guys need to learn to read better. I didn’t say anything critical about Caitlin. Defend her if you like, but leave me out of it. I’ve always said she’s a great player.
I hear you. Whenever the discussion of CC comes up, people hear what they want to. Not agreeing that she is the women’s basketball savior is criticism of her and fans feel the need to defend her. I can think Paige is a better all around player and not care for ‘volume shooters.’ Not liking that style of play is not criticism. As Geno said, Paige carried the team as a freshman. People forget or choose n to remember.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

A likely scenario methinks

Reaction Score
As much as I love her, paige is not player of the year. her versatility will get underrated, but this just hasn’t been the year. Clark is the best player this year hands down.
Not sure about CC being "best player hands down". She has been the beneficiary of relentless media hype ever since Paige went out with an ACL. Paige is much more versatile and IMO a better all-around player. And this stuff on the media of CC "redefining the women's game" is just that: a lot of "media stuff". I would like someone to lay out specifically ust how she has "redefined" the women's game. Give me a break.

Reaction Score
A good reason to move all of these awards to after the tournament. I don't know why they have to be voted on now when all of the games aren't done being played.
I like it like that, so the awards are on individuals, not on individual part of the A team

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom