Rutgers Asking League For $$ To Make Up For Loss Of Home Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rutgers Asking League For $$ To Make Up For Loss Of Home Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fair enough.

RU should be paid the equivalent of an OOC opponent opting out of the contract...what's that price tag these days ~$750K. The rest of the exit fee should go toward re-building the conference - if it already wasn't channelled to Villanova as ransom for Temple

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Why would UCONN fans or any BE fans that lost a home game because TCU bolted be upset at asking for compensation? TCU paid 5million to leave which should be split equally among the schools that lost that home game. Why should Temple have more home conference games (4) than RU (3) or more than any other BE team (haven't checked all the home schedules)?

From what I remember UConn was to have an extra home game and it would have been against TCU as well. So why should Rutgers be compensated and not UConn as well. I don't think either teams should be compensated nor has UConn ask for compensation from the Big East

Reaction Score
Pernetti isn't being compensated, and he knows it. It's nothing more than trying to look tough to message boards and active to the state legislature.

Reaction Score
RU should be paid the equivalent of an OOC opponent opting out of the contract...what's that price tag these days ~$750K. The rest of the exit fee should go toward re-building the conference - if it already wasn't channelled to Villanova as ransom for Temple

screw that. unless they retroactively pay all of the 3 home game scheduled teams 750k every year Rutgers can suck a nut. we've had years of only 6 home games if i recall. RU thinks 8 home games every year is an entitlement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom