Rutgers Asking League For $$ To Make Up For Loss Of Home Game | The Boneyard

Rutgers Asking League For $$ To Make Up For Loss Of Home Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"But the league has offered to help Villanova with up to $3 million to continue to explore the possibility of moving up to the FBS level and joining the Big East for football within the next three years in exchange for the school's support for adding Temple."

This is getting dumb.

Reaction Score
You posted right before me. And probably thought the same thing.

What gall.

Rutger's piss poor OOC scheduling (Schiano didn't want or like to schedule FBS opponents) is now coming back to haunt them.

If the BE bails out that bankrupt program, pitchforks and tar to Providence.

Reaction Score
Well, if they get the payment presumably we will as well. Because we lost the TCU home game and ended up with only six home games.

Reaction Score
The line is forming. Nova gets 3M for a study that costs 30K. RU wants compensation for lost home game. Next we will see Georgetown wanting compensation for loss of SU as BB rival. SJ looking for 3M for compensation since UCF will not draw at MSG. PC looking for 2M since they have provided all of the BE front office. Last but not least ND looking for 10M because, well, they are ND.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
The Big East just needs to "say no"

Reaction Score
since they usually schedule 8 home games or more i figure they're do about $2.5 million. we should also award them an extra win to start the season b/c they only have 1FCS game instead of 2. in seriousness though, if the BE actually gives Nova $3 million to redo a study that i could get 2 interns to do for credit, i'll be motivated to drive to providence to kick Marinatto in the nuts. they already did the study and determined they couldn't afford it and didn't have enough interest. is throwing money at the study really going to change anything?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
And in this week's episode of 'Bankrupt On The Banks'...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Is that $3M number for Villanova researching an upgrade legitimate?

Holy you have go to be kidding me? Right? Right!?

Reaction Score
Is that $3M number for Villanova researching an upgrade legitimate?

Holy you have go to be kidding me? Right? Right!?
Only 30 K is for the study the rest is to compensate the Villanova Main Line crowd for having to go into Philadelphia proper to play Temple. For all future FB & BB games played at Temple, Nova season ticket holders will be afforded to door to door limo service so they can avoid public transit.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Rutgers finally doesn't take a move on scheduling, but wants somebody to pay for it. Aren't they saving 3 million a year on Schiano's salary now?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Only 30 K is for the study the rest is to compensate the Villanova Main Line crowd for having to go into Philadelphia proper to play Temple. For all future FB & BB games played at Temple, Nova season ticket holders will be afforded to door to door limo service so they can avoid public transit.

Limo service? Pffft.

If that $3m amount is true, then the league should pay Nova in SEPTA tokens and make those holier-than-thou pansies ride the El into town for every game. What a joke!...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
"But the league has offered to help Villanova with up to $3 million to continue to explore the possibility of moving up to the FBS level and joining the Big East for football within the next three years in exchange for the school's support for adding Temple."

This is getting dumb.
Getting dumb? The conference's leadership left dumb in the dust when they continually promoted the idea of a Nova upgrade in the fall of 2010.

Reaction Score
The line is forming. Nova gets 3M for a study that costs 30K. RU wants compensation for lost home game. Next we will see Georgetown wanting compensation for loss of SU as BB rival. SJ looking for 3M for compensation since UCF will not draw at MSG. PC looking for 2M since they have provided all of the BE front office. Last but not least ND looking for 10M because, well, they are ND.
I really LIKED that last line.

Reaction Score
Getting dumb? The conference's leadership left dumb in the dust when they continually promoted the idea of a Nova upgrade in the fall of 2010.
It was a somewhat reasonable idea back then. Villanova is a far better school than Temple and they do have a better football tradition. Stadium was obviously the big issue. But now that Temple is going to become a full member of the conference, what's the point of considering Villanova for football now? Besides Temple University being located in a ghetto. Two BCS teams in Philadelphia? I thought Big East leadership was somewhat competent, but now this proves what you said, they left dumb in the dust.

Villanova was D1-A until 1980, then dropped the football program. Resuscitated it in 1985 at the D1-AA level.

Reaction Score
Whoever said this was hush money pretty much hit the nail on the head. As I understand it from a Villanova guy I know, $1 million is for a throrough analysis of Villanova's "potential" the previous stuff was pretty much nonsense, done essentially by interns in the President's office and focused mostly on selling the idea to the alumni, basically a pr piece, not a solid analysis. The 2nd $2 million is to upgrade their practice facilities which apparently are well below standards even for a lower level D1AA program. Now I don't know how much of this is accurate, and I don't think Villanova is any longer seriously considering an upgrade, nor is the Big East considering it. My friend says Villanova wanted an annual payment to share the Philly market, but this was the settlement and it could be sold to the football members as a football move as a defensive move in case something else happens, and to the Villanova alums who back football as a proactive move to once and for all settle the football issue. for what its worth, my friend says he thinks Villanova might head tot he patriot League for football eventually, especially now that that league is allowing at least some scholarships. They think playing in a league with old rivals like Fordham, Holy Cross, and the othe Pennsylvania schools like Lehigh and lafayette would be a much better situation than playing teams from Georgia and points south. they would keep their annual game with Delaware.

Reaction Score
Limo service? Pffft.

If that $3m amount is true, then the league should pay Nova in SEPTA tokens and make those holier-than-thou pansies ride the El into town for every game. What a joke!...
Horrors! How on earth can you expect the Chestnut Hill Wannabees from Villanova to slum it on SEPTA?

Reaction Score
Why would UCONN fans or any BE fans that lost a home game because TCU bolted be upset at asking for compensation? TCU paid 5million to leave which should be split equally among the schools that lost that home game. Why should Temple have more home conference games (4) than RU (3) or more than any other BE team (haven't checked all the home schedules)?

Reaction Score
Why would UCONN fans or any BE fans that lost a home game because TCU bolted be upset at asking for compensation? TCU paid 5million to leave which should be split equally among the schools that lost that home game. Why should Temple have more home conference games (4) than RU (3) or more than any other BE team (haven't checked all the home schedules)?
You're right ... if it happened to us we'd be pissed too ... but we just like making fun of Rutgers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom