Russell to... | The Boneyard

Russell to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good for them! Hopefully they can get back to be a top ten team in the next 2 to 3 years and play us again!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm happy that she chose Tennessee. I, for one, have hated to see what the program has endured with Pat's illness and what must have been a very difficult transition. I think the UT program and fans deserve some good news like this. Now maybe they can wrap up Davis, as well.

Reaction Score
IS098Y6W5.jpg

UCONN345678

L'ville fan in Husky Clothing
Reaction Score
Louisville got a good one in Henderson tho. She is much stronger than Russell and is probably just as skilled on offense. MR just has more length

Reaction Score
I think it's great for Tennessee that she verballed there. But can the Tennessee fans celebrate together and not bore us with their churtling?
All I stated was "Sure she did"....please dont stoop to an elementary level....arent you all grown ups! smh

UCONN345678

L'ville fan in Husky Clothing
Reaction Score
Walz has struggled a bit since losing assistants.

I know he has lost 2 in the past two seasons. Sam Williams reputation is being an amazing recruiter but hasn't shown in her time at Louisville yet.

U

UCONNfan1

I know he has lost 2 in the past two seasons. Sam Williams reputation is being an amazing recruiter but hasn't shown in her time at Louisville yet.
Not at all. She's been a bit of a bust. Certainly hasn't enjoyed nearly the same success that Stafford -Odom has seen at UNC. Funny thing is Tennessee fans seem to think she and Davis will lead them to 2 NC's. LOL. They'd have to win one when Stewart, Tuck and Jefferson are seniors for that to happen. But let them have their delusions for the future... Their fans are on cloud 9 right now.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
This is a significant validation of the notion that the brand is stronger and bigger than Pat and can endure as long as Tennessee keeps investing in its women's programs...and if they get results on the court.

Although in the short term, Uconn fans might have enjoyed a moment of schadenfreude had MR selected Louisville, this is actually good news in the long run. UConn has its own legendary coach who will ride off into the sunset at some point. It'd be nice of that didn't mean all of the magic left with him.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Gotta feel bad for Russell, and good for UConn. She is much less of a menace to us at UT than she would have been at Louisville.

Reaction Score
Good for Russell making the decision for her. To put into perspective, #1 russell, potentially #2 Davis and #8 Tucker per HG could all potentially go to tennessee. Big recruiting years for TN and UNC if Davis re commits. Those are similar rankings to our freshman this year, however, our freshman seem more talented at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom