Russell to... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Russell to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I know he has lost 2 in the past two seasons. Sam Williams reputation is being an amazing recruiter but hasn't shown in her time at Louisville yet.
Why are you pretending to be a UConn fan, O poster formerly known by the handle Louisville?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Why are you pretending to be a UConn fan?

Im not sure if you are the one in charge of the custom user titles... but :p @ the one for UCONN345678910

Reaction Score
Good for Russell making the decision for her. To put into perspective, #1 russell, potentially #2 Davis and #8 Tucker per HG could all potentially go to tennessee. Big recruiting years for TN and UNC if Davis re commits. Those are similar rankings to our freshman this year, however, our freshman seem more talented at this point.
Yalls freshman are really talented, Russell and Tucker have one more season to play in High school so I can see them only going up from here!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Good for them! Hopefully they can get back to be a top ten team in the next 2 to 3 years and play us again!
No! They need to fall out of the top 25 and become an ODU. And hopefully we never play them again.

Reaction Score
Gotta feel bad for Russell, and good for UConn. She is much less of a menace to us at UT than she would have been at Louisville.

I still like UCONN'S chances to win multiple National Championships in the next four years better then Tennessee's or anyone else for that matter. Russell is an excellent player, but she is no Breanna Stewart. I would love to see them go head to head.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I still like UCONN'S chances to win multiple National Championships in the next four years better then Tennessee's or anyone else for that matter. Russell is an excellent player, but she is no Breanna Stewart. I would love to see them go head to head.
Me too. Like maybe in the first or second round of the Dance. Where we would blow them out by about 50.

Reaction Score

To be fair, there isn't anyone that is really similar to Breanna's level of play coming out of high school. Maya and Candace were prolific but not to the exent we saw from Breanna in high school.

Reaction Score
Yalls freshman are really talented, Russell and Tucker have one more season to play in High school so I can see them only going up from here!
If you are planning to continue to contribute to this forum, you will have to provide us with a TN dictionary. To us yankees, if we heard the word "yalls" we'd be thinking of a bunch of two masted sailboats.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If you are planning to continue to contribute to this forum, you will have to provide us with a TN dictionary. To us yankees, if we heard the word "yalls" we'd be thinking of a bunch of two masted sailboats.
As someone who spent 17 years south of the M-D line, I suggest the correct spelling (and thereby allowing for disambiguation) is y'all's. And even a Yankee must admit that "y'all's" flows far more tripplingly off the tongue than "youse guys'"

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
I know he has lost 2 in the past two seasons. Sam Williams reputation is being an amazing recruiter but hasn't shown in her time at Louisville yet.

Getting Bria Smith (she recruited Smith while at Duke). Getting Henderson. Sam Williams has done a pretty good job. Give her time.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Good get by Tennessee. They majorly needed her.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
What a waste of a billboard.

louisvillemascot.jpg

I wish I knew how to photoshop.... I'd photoshop a pic of Jeff Walz in place of Pitino :p

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Congrats to Tenn. I really never thought Mercedes would end up at Tenn. First we heard Diamond and Company trying to get Mercedes to follow them, then LVille had her as almost a lock, now she ends up at Tenn after Davis decommitted, and Hannah decommitted and it looks like both will be re committing. Gotta wonder what is going on at Tenn. Well Tenn should have someone to build around with Mercedes next season and if Tucker and Davis recommit and sign that will be a great addition to go with this years class for Tenn to start its rebuilding.​

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tenn stands in real good position . There are only two seniors this year. Then Russell and Tucker come in. Sounds like a real good team to me.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Not really surprised by Russell to Tenn. I was told more than a year ago that she and her family were "enamored" with Tenn and Parker. I think it's a good decision for her as it seems she'll be surrounded by better players at Tenn than at Louisville.

This is a big blow to Walz and Louisville. The 2012 class was mediocre and the '13 class lost Epps and Goodin-Rogers (both de-committed) and now Russell. Henderson sounds like a fine player and maybe Walz will land Imani Wright but it won't be an elite class to compete with UConn, Duke, etc.

Reaction Score
Congrats to the Lady Vols! They needed something good to go their way. Makes me happy to think top players will still come to UConn after Geno. Although now, Warlick better get the job done or she'll be out on her ass fast. It's one thing to lose without talent, it's another to lose after you've recruited the #1 (maybe #2) and #8 players to come to your school especially when talent is already there. However, like ASGR's Bret says the 2013 Class isn't that strong and I was more impressed with DeShields than Davis and may more impressed with them both over Russell, so who knows how it will turn out. I'm just glad we have our girls and I'll worry about them. Hopefully, good news will come our way Nov 10th.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Tenn stands in real good position . There are only two seniors this year. Then Russell and Tucker come in. Sounds like a real good team to me.

Stwainfan. It is a very talented team. It will take time to develop them but Holly has surprised alot of fans including me. Good Luck .

Reaction Score
Congrats to the Lady Vols! They needed something good to go their way. Makes me happy to think top players will still come to UConn after Geno. Although now, Warlick better get the job done or she'll be out on her ass fast. It's one thing to lose without talent, it's another to lose after you've recruited the #1 (maybe #2) and #8 players to come to your school especially when talent is already there. However, like ASGR's Bret says the 2013 Class isn't that strong and I was more impressed with DeShields than Davis and may more impressed with them both over Russell, so who knows how it will turn out. I'm just glad we have our girls and I'll worry about them. Hopefully, good news will come our way Nov 10th.

Hey if Pat Summitt could mess is up with the number 3,4,8,15 and 20 recruits, I wouldn't be surprised if her student does the same with 1,2 and 8

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
Smith had a boyfriend at Louisville when she committed, wonder if this is a new recruiting tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom