Rumor from CSNBBS Conference Realignment board | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rumor from CSNBBS Conference Realignment board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
Thank you for bringing a ray of hope to my weekend! any way to keep us in the news!

Reaction Score
Wasn't PAC-12 President in Hartford yesterday?
noticed the espn article said Hartford, CT... Wasn't sure if that was the location of his comments.
Would be 'convenient' to chat with Uconn officials while he's here?

Reaction Score
I'll admit 20-25 mill a year sounds a bit ambitious to me, but if you told me UConn could negotiate a contract as independent using those parameters I would think that 12-15 mill would be realistic.

Reaction Score
The issue with independent has an always will be bowls. We would have no tie ins and no access to the BCS bowls.

Reaction Score
If UConn could pull this off, I think I would prefer this to joining the Big 12. (Although, just to clarify, I have huge respect for the B12 and plan to donate to many of its fine institutions in the near future)

Reaction Score
The PAC10 held a meeting at ON20 in Hartford.
Why Hartford? Seems a weird location unless they really did want to talk to UConn.

Edit: They were at ESPN.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Didn't from the inside post here before and Nelson ran him away too?

I mean it sounds wild, but hell, it gives me hope!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Hmmm. My spidey sense is telling me this is definitely not the same "FromTheInside" that posted here last year. In fact, to me it sounds like a certain former boneyarder - who enjoys throwing slashes on random lists and making crazy unrealistic scenarios sound easy as pie (and then get on his soapbox and rant about how everybody else is a bunch of clowns for not making that crazy scenario come to fruition in two months) - finally figured out how to edit his sentences and use capitalization.

I could be wrong, but that's my gut reaction.

Reaction Score
The issue with independent has an always will be bowls. We would have no tie ins and no access to the BCS bowls.
Sny/mets can create a bowl game at citi field with a uconn tie in if we have a winning record. Hell set it up against the american conference.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score

Have you seen the AAC bowl lineup starting in 2015?:p

Maybe we sign a couple of bowl affiliation deals in conjunction with the other key independent teams in this scenario (BYU, Navy, Cincy, Boise St )?

Reaction Score
Didn't from the inside post here before and Nelson ran him away too?

I mean it sounds wild, but hell, it gives me hope!
mentioned this a little while ago as his name seemed familiar. wasn't sure it was the same guy... It was the ACC post which I bumped up for reference...

Reaction Score
Hmmm. My spidey sense is telling me this is definitely not the same "FromTheInside" that posted here last year. In fact, to me it sounds like a certain former boneyarder - who enjoys throwing slashes on random lists and making crazy unrealistic scenarios sound easy as pie (and then get on his soapbox and rant about how everybody else is a bunch of clowns for not making that crazy scenario come to fruition in two months) - finally figured out how to edit his sentences and use capitalization.

I could be wrong, but that's my gut reaction.

Thats an absurd theory. There is no way that the poster you are referring to learned how to write and edit full sentences that quickly.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
At the very least it highlights the SNY angle and that we can pay our own way as an addition to another conference.

At least someone is finally thinking outside the box. I just hope they work for UConn.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Someone needs to copy the post and send it to 2 credible journalists that will actually read it and see what they say.

If they ever stop laughing and respond we will get a pro's feeling on it.

I feel like we are all in the twilight zone and this is season 10, episode 5.

Again, there are too many places for leaks on this one. This guy just happens to be the one in the know? Not buying it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
4 things:

Pretty sure that is the same guy and I did run him off. In my defense, he went a little Internet stalker on me.

This would be awesome if true. Despite, not knowing the difference between a ratings point and total viewers, that guy mostly got it right 18 months ago about the ACC and ND.

Pretty sure another poster on this board thought that UConn would be better off in the Big East for hoops and Independent. That would be me.

If this starts to happen, I think the ACC will stop it and invite us. The last thing the ACC wants is dinky UConn viable as an independent. If UConn could get even $15 million, imagine what FSU could do on their own.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
To put it bluntly, I don't believe a single thing he said is true, or actually happening, or will ever actually happen. It's a nice five minute fantasy, but nothing more.

He put a lot of effort into the fantasy though, didn't he? :)

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
To put it bluntly, I don't believe a single thing he said is true, or actually happening, or will ever actually happen. It's a nice five minute fantasy, but nothing more.

That's what i was thinking. And, that gave me hope. Who could possibly put that much effort in to creating a fantasy on a message board? Are people really that bored?

Reaction Score
4 things:

Pretty sure that is the same guy and I did run him off. In my defense, he went a little Internet stalker on me.

This would be awesome if true. Despite, not knowing the difference between a ratings point and total viewers, that guy mostly got it right 18 months ago about the ACC and ND.

Pretty sure another poster on this board thought that UConn would be better off in the Big East for hoops and Independent. That would be me.

If this starts to happen, I think the ACC will stop it and invite us. The last thing the ACC wants is dinky UConn viable as an independent. If UConn could get even $15 million, imagine what FSU could do on their own.

Only difference is that SNY would own all of UConn's home content across the board. SNY could agree to market/pimp the SEC/PAC in NYC as an incentive. I don't know maybe i'm just dreaming but damn that sounds like a good plan.

Reaction Score

Is it really that far-fetched? I don't think so...nobody believes this because nobody has seen creativity around UConn like this before...piggy back the entire athletic department off of our bread and butter which is men's and women's bball...this is what a true "rock star" AD would do, no? Those PAC 12 and SEC teams would love to play bball in NY area and get an easy OOC win in football, no? Please be true or someone send this to Warde so he can see what he has to do to live up to his Rock Star status.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Thats an absurd theory. There is no way that the poster you are referring to learned how to write and edit full sentences that quickly.

4 things:

Have a look at this "FromTheInside" post and see if you change your mind. I'd bet a six pack of decent beer if someone can do an IP trace (legally of course) it'll match HFD. He's borrowing credibility from another person's screenname. Note the csnbbs FTI user account opened this month, coincidentally when HFD disappeared from here (whether by choice or by force I don't know).

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Is it really that far-fetched? I don't think so...nobody believes this because nobody has seen creativity around UConn like this before...piggy back the entire athletic department off of our bread and butter which is men's and women's bball...this is what a true "rock star" AD would do, no? Those PAC 12 and SEC teams would love to play bball in NY area and get an easy OOC win in football, no? Please be true or someone send this to Warde so he can see what he has to do to live up to his Rock Star status.

If I'm wrong - UConn goes indy in football and a deal with SNY becomes reality - I'll change my moniker to Mr. Wrong and use a pic of a guy with his head up his butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom