Roumoglou | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Roumoglou

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
After this game, he's 40% from 3 and 43% FG overall. When half the time you're playing is a hold-the-ball-until-the-game-ends scenario, stats are hard to come by.
When I checked his stats on espn they weren’t reflecting this game apparently, even though the game was posted in his recent games. But either way, I think we can safely assume he’s not playing for a reason.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Young man is talented and he deserves a slice of NIL pie despite his lack of minutes so far.

Reaction Score
This kid has talent. So do Singare and Ross. We are recruiting and playing at such a high level that we’ve lost sight of reality. We are going to clean up in the portal and keep running it back. This staff has a tremendous eye for talent and character. They aren’t recruiting a huge number of freshman for next season and beyond because they know they can do better. This is turning into a juggernaut.

Frankly, I thought we were slipping 5 games ago. They fixed it. They appear to have this figured out.

caw

Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure he’ll have a few coaches in his DMs today

Not going to lie, I wouldn't blame a coach who tried. He's 6'7-6'8, athletic and can shoot. Offensively he has the look of a player. Moreso than Ross in some ways (Ross still looks like he isn't fully comfortable in his body). Roumoglou could pretty easily play solid minutes in the A10 this year for some teams there. Obviously, I hope he stays around.

Reaction Score
I’m gonna be that guy.

In 10 games this season, he’s averaging .3 ppg, on 20% FG, and 25% from 3.

He’s not a rotation player for a team with championship aspirations, and that’s ok. I respect him coming back to compete for a rotation spot, and I’m sure he’s a good teammate.

This also isn’t a Samson Johnson situation. There’s no injury or depth problems keeping him off the floor. I’m sure Hurley would’ve tried him when Solo and Stewart were struggling, if there was any chance he’d be an upgrade.
I am guessing (not really), if he played 31 minutes his stats would be:

FGM/A %3FG/A%FTM/A%OFFDEFRbTOTPFASTT/OBLKSTLPTS
3-7.4292-5.4000-00178230228

There is a reason for his playing time and I trust DH knows.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure he's the reason we only half-heartedly went after Cooper Flagg for next year. DH has the coaches working on his overall game and he's of similar size and a better ball handler.

Speaking of CF, he should be having second thoughts about his school choice the way Duke is playing and how well UConn is representing our region of the country. If CF has strong feelings about New England basketball, and wants to learn from a highly experienced and competent staff while winning championships, he just may want to flip and help DH keep the train rolling.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure he's the reason we only half-heartedly went after Cooper Flagg for next year. DH has the coaches working on his overall game and he's of similar size and a better ball handler.

Speaking of CF, he should be having second thoughts about his school choice the way Duke is playing and how well UConn is representing our region of the country. If CF has strong feelings about New England basketball, and wants to learn from a highly experienced and competent staff while winning championships, he just may want to flip and help DH keep the train rolling.
Vintage Fail GIF by Fleischer Studios

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score

Ok this is sarcasm correct? Whoa, half heartedly….is that what that was?

pj

Reaction Score
Ok this is sarcasm correct? Whoa, half heartedly….is that what that was?

I doubt Danny Hurley's ever gone harder after anyone than he did for Cooper Flagg.

But, it is probably why we're not reaching for weaker 2024s, and think the portal will be sufficient to fill out the team. Nowell-Diarra-Ball, Ross-Stewart-Roumoglou, Johnson-Singare is a decent core.

Reaction Score

Mostly I'm inclined to agree, but then I think about Isaiah Whaley and wonder just a bit.

Reaction Score
Love that the whole team (including solo ball trailing him) jumped with him.

I would’ve liked to see more of him when we were playing without Clingan, but I get why we didn’t. He should get a really good shot at a rotation spot next year especially given how fast he’s improved the past couple years.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Please stop speculating about who may leave for greener pastures. Such talk could likely affect their ability to earn from future NIL contracts.

EVERY UConn player eligible to play next year should be assumed to return. That's always been the 'yard's policy, and the NIL stuff makes it even more important.

Only exception would be NBA draft likelihood/position.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

Adding up his season garbage time totals to get that has no relation to what he would do played 31 min in a game.

Reaction Score
Adding up his season garbage time totals to get that has no relation to what he would do played 31 min in a game.
Well, then, what would? I was responding to a post which gave his points per game average (0.3ppg or now 0.7ppg). My post says what you are saying, stats don't make sense in this case, but food for thought.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak
Top Bottom