Roumoglou | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Roumoglou

Reaction Score
Well, then, what would? I was responding to a post which gave his points per game average (0.3ppg or now 0.7ppg). My post says what you are saying, stats don't make sense in this case, but food for thought.
It's more than when you're getting garbage minutes, a good amount of playing time consists of your team holding the ball and letting the shot clock run out. You have a very small amount of time to actually acquire any stats. When not doing that, you're trying to get 5 guys who don't play much all involved.

It's just hard to find as much meaning in the per 30/36/40 numbers for a guy who plays in the last minute of every 2nd or 3rd game when compared to someone who consistently gets 5+ mpg. I suppose it's the best way we have to measure hypothetical performance, but it's broken to some degree in this situation.

Reaction Score
Ok this is sarcasm correct? Whoa, half heartedly….is that what that was?
Having some fun with it but also noting that AR looks much more confident and capable this year compared to last. I know DH and the coaches have worked with him and it shows but they only have so many minutes and they're such important minutes he hasn't been given much PT.........but he has the size, athletic ability and ball handling skills (shooting too?) to warrant more time and I hope he's here next year to show it.

As for Cooper Flagg, if he's watching Kyle Filipowski's career he ought to have second thoughts about going to Duke. KF's stats are marginally better overall this year but certainly not as improved as you'd expect from a member of "the Brotherhood" in his second year.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He needs a physical transformation to break into Hurley's lineup. You would think it would be easy enough given the stakes, but being that tall, thin framed and with that metabolism , its a tall order.

Hope he can do it though. He would thrive if he can match the physical intensity required on D.

Reaction Score
Having some fun with it but also noting that AR looks much more confident and capable this year compared to last. I know DH and the coaches have worked with him and it shows but they only have so many minutes and they're such important minutes he hasn't been given much PT.........but he has the size, athletic ability and ball handling skills (shooting too?) to warrant more time and I hope he's here next year to show it.

As for Cooper Flagg, if he's watching Kyle Filipowski's career he ought to have second thoughts about going to Duke. KF's stats are marginally better overall this year but certainly not as improved as you'd expect from a member of "the Brotherhood" in his second year.
Our team is so good that we have a lot of players who could impress if they only had more minutes. Not that they should have them, but AR has skills.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I don't know how good this guy is or whether he'll ever contribute meaningful minutes but guys can play 4 years for UConn and never show body control like he did on that steal & dunk.

I know his stats (in spotty minutes) aren't good but he looks the part. He's big, has a nice stroke, and doesn't look like a newborn calf when he's dribbling.

Reaction Score
I don't know how good this guy is or whether he'll ever contribute meaningful minutes but guys can play 4 years for UConn and never show body control like he did on that steal & dunk.

I know his stats (in spotty minutes) aren't good but he looks the part. He's big, has a nice stroke, and doesn't look like a newborn calf when he's dribbling.
Agreed I think there's a strong possibly hes a key bench piece next season as long as he defense is up to par

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There will be a game he’s the gyro for sure.
Jimmy Fallon Idk GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Reaction Score
Not sure where to post this but I thought it was important for people to read. It's in the Register's game day article today. People on here are always worried about young guys leaving who aren't playing a lot. I think the key is communication and making the players understand what is going on and keep them engaged and working hard. Hurley brings up how Hawkins and Jackson didn't play much their freshmen years but then were NBA draft choices. Just have to keep your head down and work. Your opportunity will come.

Freshman Jayden Ross saw some minutes early in the season, but is now one of the last players off the bench. Hurley believes the athletic, energetic forward has bought in to the idea that his future is still bright in Storrs.

"We try to stay in the ears and the minds of all of our young players," the coach said. "You're currently in a program that, for the last season-and-a-half, has done college basketball better than anyone else has done it, in terms of winning. But also, from a player development standpoint, this is a pretty good program to be in. But you've got to pay your dues. Andre (Jackson Jr.) did it early in his career, Jordan Hawkins did it early on in his career. You've got to just trust us. I don't think there's a better place to be than this place is for Jaylin (Stewart) and Jayden and Solo (Ball) and Youssouf (Singare). They're probably all not playing as much as they'd like to, but you're in one of the premiere places you can play, with a coaching staff that is truly committed to these guys."

Reaction Score
He needs a physical transformation to break into Hurley's lineup. You would think it would be easy enough given the stakes, but being that tall, thin framed and with that metabolism , its a tall order.

Hope he can do it though. He would thrive if he can match the physical intensity required on D.
He’s listed at 6’8 215. Karaban 6’8 220

Reaction Score
The thought has occurred to me as well. KF was awesome coming out of high school and he doesn't seem to have grown a bit.

Reaction Score
Not sure where to post this but I thought it was important for people to read. It's in the Register's game day article today. People on here are always worried about young guys leaving who aren't playing a lot. I think the key is communication and making the players understand what is going on and keep them engaged and working hard. Hurley brings up how Hawkins and Jackson didn't play much their freshmen years but then were NBA draft choices. Just have to keep your head down and work. Your opportunity will come.

Freshman Jayden Ross saw some minutes early in the season, but is now one of the last players off the bench. Hurley believes the athletic, energetic forward has bought in to the idea that his future is still bright in Storrs.

"We try to stay in the ears and the minds of all of our young players," the coach said. "You're currently in a program that, for the last season-and-a-half, has done college basketball better than anyone else has done it, in terms of winning. But also, from a player development standpoint, this is a pretty good program to be in. But you've got to pay your dues. Andre (Jackson Jr.) did it early in his career, Jordan Hawkins did it early on in his career. You've got to just trust us. I don't think there's a better place to be than this place is for Jaylin (Stewart) and Jayden and Solo (Ball) and Youssouf (Singare). They're probably all not playing as much as they'd like to, but you're in one of the premiere places you can play, with a coaching staff that is truly committed to these guys."
Hopefully I'm wrong but I had a pretty pessimistic view when I read that. Feel like those comments usually don't come out of nowhere

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That’s not a sufficient reason bc last year we found time to play 10 players
Most important thing is to win the game. The coaches are aware from practice which players are at the level to achieve this.

The list of players that they perceive to be ahead of Roumoglou are everyone except Youssouf Singare, Andrew Hurley, and Andre Johnson.

I'm sure the staff would like to give Solo Ball, Jaylen Stewart and Jayden Ross more game time experience but they have not reached the stage of reliability needed and the games have been too close for the coaches to have them play at the number of minutes that they would prefer.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Hopefully I'm wrong but I had a pretty pessimistic view when I read that. Feel like those comments usually don't come out of nowhere
I'm sure someone brought it up about Jaydon. I had a less pessimistic opinion because of this:

The blow out allowed us to observe significant minutes with the freshman playing together plus Roumoglou. What I liked is the off ball movement they had with one another. Solo and Stewart appeared to have more off ball movement in the half court offense than when they play with the starters. Less afraid to shoot as well. Gave me a better idea of how that second string is developing.

Reaction Score
What? The reporter asked him a question and he answered it.
I'm just going off the context of what was posted. If it was in response to a question that would definitely make me read it much less pessimistically

Reaction Score
I'm just going off the context of what was posted. If it was in response to a question that would definitely make me read it much less pessimistically
It was his pre-game yesterday. Someone asked about Ross basically falling entirely out of the rotation and that was his response. I think Ross was recruited under the assumption he wasn't going to play much this year anyways.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Well it’s pretty clear that Ross and Romo have very good skill sets. The problem becomes for a second year guy like Romo you start not believing you are ever going to get a chance and then a first year guy like Ross starts talking to him and begins to wonder. Not saying they are leaving or thinking about leaving or predicting any future movement. Just saying that nothing that happens during the “me season” should surprise us.

Reaction Score
Geeze, talk about a pessimist. Yeeesh.

Yes, a reporter asked him about Ross because he played a decent amount in the Xavier game after not playing lately.

The questions starts at about 13:30 in the video of the PC pregame availability for more context. Mentions they "won't go portal crazy" as long as the younger guys make the commitment to the program.

Reaction Score

He can definitely shoot.

Reaction Score
I am guessing (not really), if he played 31 minutes his stats would be:

FGM/A %3FG/A%FTM/A%OFFDEFRbTOTPFASTT/OBLKSTLPTS
3-7.4292-5.4000-00178230228

There is a reason for his playing time and I trust DH knows.
For what it's worth, Andrew Hurley leads the team in usage percentage

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom