Rosters Updated | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rosters Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I first saw the new roster last night; left it open in my browser. I clicked 'refresh' on it this morning and...wow, we've got a FBS football team!

I like the direction the kids are headed in, and I see where HCBD is going with his recruitment tack: he wants to maul opposing teams. Please, please let this translate to the field...

Reaction Score
Not sure I draw that correlation yet - they are still college kids. It's was probably show up in a clean white dress shirt. We will give you the open backed jacket and clip on tie.:p
Makes sense... but there's still a couple kids that haven't taken their mugshot yet... I still say no names on the backs of jerseys though...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
LB position seems stacked with:
Hicks
Vann
Walsh
Graham
Carezola
Diggs
Ormsby
Stevens
Stephens
Stapleton
Britton

....and then there are the freshman which will all redshirt/transfer restricted:
Levenberry
Richardson
N Williams
R Williams

And next year:
Gilmartin

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I also noticed many of the freshman gained 15-35 lbs from their listed recruiting weight. Clearly these kids are very self motivated because most of that had to have been gained before getting to campus.
If gaining 15-35 pounds since my freshman year signals motivation, I am clearly an extremely motivated individual.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Newsome up to 182. Could be the difference between going down on first contact and staying upright.

That is "big" for a RB his size. Stocky and low to the ground.

Reaction Score
I want to see these offensive linemen get back to the size like we had during the 2005 - 2010 teams. Average 6-5 and 320 pounds.No wonder we dominated the line of scrimmage so much back then.:mad: Lets go !!

Reaction Score
How about Felton Blackwell checking in at 6'2 340 as a true freshman! Nazir Williams at 242 was a surprise too.

Noticed Chris Lee and Dallas Parker are both being listed at TE not OT and DE/LB yet. Most likely due to SMs dismissal and our lack of depth there.

Everybody starts here as a TE, but I like Dallas as a contributor at lb in our system.

Reaction Score
That is "big" for a RB his size. Stocky and low to the ground.

If it helps his durability and maybe adds a little blocking potential without sacrificing speed, it gives coaches some more options with him on the field.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Newsome up to 182. Could be the difference between going down on first contact and staying upright.

Todman had same issue freshman year, and then blew up his sophmore year. I don't think Newsome and Todman are easily comparable, but hoping that we see a similar trait with a similar improvement.

Reaction Score
looks like I was wrong about the names not being on the back of jerseys... still I see these guys being closely knit as a team... they're clearly embracing the Diaco way of doing things...

Reaction Score
We're starting to resemble a D1 team on paper.

Newsome's leap (or that of any other RB) depends a lot more on the front 5/6 more than his own weight/muscle gain.

Reaction Score

Newsome's leap (or that of any other RB) depends a lot more on the front 5/6 more than his own weight/muscle gain.

I was in NOLA for the game last year versus Tulane. At one point in the 4th quarter I was able to get down to the second row behind the UConn bench. I was absolutely floored by how small these guys were. Honestly, it looked like a HS squad.

Reaction Score

Nah, Newsome's playing time is going to be directly proportional to his ability to squeeze the pig tight enough so that it doesn't come out of his hands. He's got game changing ability, but it's useless if he doesn't hold on to the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom