Roster update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Roster update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I spent an entire corporate career facing high-end IP customers, users and prospects. I've seen what happens when "glossies" and other documentation aren't professionally presented. Simple rule: If it goes out under your company's name or over your signature it has to be professionally presented with perfect content.
Absolutely correct. And like it or not, UConn messing up the football roster on their official web site says something "not so good" about the operation.

Is it life or death? Nope. Is it important enough to do right? Damn straight it is.

And making excuses for subpar work, doesn't cut it.

Reaction Score
What if they have one of those high speed infrared lenses? They might pick up a heat signature.

They can open the garage doors, and put up screens, and keep the temperature inside hot enough to avoid that.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the real question is, what is rutgers doing with that helicopter now?

Reaction Score
Hey guys it looks like your prayers have been answered. Poyul, Rugg, Samra, they are on the list. Think they have one weight wrong(hoping they do anyways), David Kenney, 6'0" 195? Outside linebacker. Can that be right? Somebody feed that kid.
You guys are right though. Keep the info updated and accurate for the fans/recruits/parents. You want the respect of a big time program, then get your communications house in order and be that big time program.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Funny. You guys don't believe me. That's fine. I don't think it's nearly as big a deal that you guys do, and I think that it would be dumb for the program to be maintaining an official accurate roster on a daily basis.

College football programs have people that comb through every bit of information out there on the internet, in the news, about their opponents, and rosters are a focal point. I guarantee you that there are people associated with every program we play this year, that are reading this website on a daily basis.

THere are very specific rules about when an official roster needs to be posted, and July, is not one of those times.

I knew a Division III college basketball coach who hated the SID making rosters available at home games.

I'm not really following why having a BCS level teams roster on a website is an issue. They announced the freshman in Feb and you can find film of them online. Knowing their class, uniform number and hometown doesn't seem all that useful. The heights and weights are generally crap anyway - not sure why anyone would care what's published.

Reaction Score
Hey guys it looks like your prayers have been answered. Poyul, Rugg, Samra, they are on the list. Think they have one weight wrong(hoping they do anyways), David Kenney, 6'0" 195? Outside linebacker. Can that be right? Somebody feed that kid.
You guys are right though. Keep the info updated and accurate for the fans/recruits/parents. You want the respect of a big time program, then get your communications house in order and be that big time program.

Somebody there is reading the BY! :) Thanks Mr. Manual

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
it also lists him on the defensive line

edit: also list Graham Stewart as a RS FR, not 100% but I believe he played as a true FR so is that saying his waiver was denied?

Wouldn't he still be a redshirt sophomore?

Reaction Score
This should make people happy. They just added the pictures to the profiles.

Reaction Score
I like that the incoming frosh dont look like they need to intimidate in apicture and that they look like they're in a job interview.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
from the runway:

Looking at the roster from the final game of the 2011 season, I see 12 players with eligibility remaining who are not on the roster:
Linebacker Andrew Opoku (has transferred to Delaware)
Running back Deshon Foxx
Safety Jerome Junior (dismissed from team)
Cornerback Tevrin Brandon (dismissed from team)
Linebacker Matt Edwards (graduated)
Fullback Brendan McLaughlin
Cornerback Chris Lopes (transferred to Sacramento State)
Fullback Mark Hinkley (transferred to Bryant)
Linebacker Jerome Williams (previously reported that he would be transferring)
Tight end Corey Manning (graduated)
Tight end Teddy Baker (transferred to Wesleyan)
Tight end Mark Hansson

-i see foxx on there. #4
-we have 104 on the roster

Reaction Score
No Hansson on the roster. I believe he was on scholarship.

Reaction Score
No Hansson on the roster. I believe he was on scholarship.

Hansson is academically ineligble wont be playing in 2012. He was on the roster until recently. Not sure if he is gonna return in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom