Roster update | The Boneyard

Roster update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Noticed Omaine Stephens not there...Bobby Puyol... Zach Rugg... Tyler Samra...Wyatt Vinci...Jhavon Williams...Guess the process got too tedious for the person updating the roster... They musta ran outta gas last night and went to bed and said... "uuuhhhhh, I'll finish it up tomorrow..."

Seriously though guys, that's a little embarrassing... I've sent email requests ( via link: http://www.uconnhuskies.com/feedback/conn-feedback.html ) to those guys suggesting they provide more updates ( at least updated roster info... i.e. an updated list of kids on the roster, when they knew about it this summer, barring size updates, which doesn't come til practice starts at the beginning of August ).. Most schools do that kind of stuff.. It's all a part of the process of selling the UCONN brand... They still don't get it... they're trying a little harder but they glass seems to be half empty instead of half full on how they handle these easy updates...
Others should send their feedback at the link above too.. maybe it will help make for an even better UCONN athletic experience. This is a cyber world now guys.. Time to get use to it....

Reaction Score
If the school wasn't so freaking inept in this area, I would be a tad concerned. Remember the ad that got posted to youtube last year? BSC? Embarassing.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i posted about this last night in the sship thread. here it is:

OMETOWN (LAST SCHOOL)

5 Ricky Gutierrez 6-0/162 Wide Receiver FR Hialeah, Fla. (American)

12 Casey Cochran 6-0/214 Quarterback FR Monroe, Conn. (Masuk)

14 Jazzmar Clax 5-11/250 Fullback/Linebacker FR Freehold, N.J. (Neptune)

19 Ellis Marder 6-1/192 Safety FR Windermere, Fla. (Lake Highland Prep)

21 Joseph Williams 5-11/201 Tailback FR Allentown, Pa. (Emmaus)

30 Obi Melifonwu 6-4/199 Safety FR South Grafton, Mass. (Grafton)

39 Jordan Floyd 6-0/207 Safety FR Bel Air, Md. (Loyola Blakefield)
40 Brendan Battles-Santos 6-3/248 Defensive End FR Eastham, Mass. (Nauset Regional)

45 Elijah Norris 6-3/231 Defensive End FR Upper Marlboro, Md. (Archbishop Carroll)

55 Jon Hicks 6-2/235 Linebacker FR Palmyra, Pa. (Palmyra)

57 Rennick Bryan 6-1/326 Center FR New Haven, Conn. (Hillhouse)

62 William Oldach 6-4/280 Long Snapper FR Hopkinton, Mass. (The Rivers School)

70 Kyle Bockeloh 6-3/284 Center FR Houston, Texas (Cypress Creek)
71 Richard Levy 6-5/317 Offensive Tackle FR Trenton, N.J. (Trenton Central)

79 Drew Ghio 6-1/296 Offensive Guard FR Bristol, Conn. (Bristol Central)

83 John Green 5-10/178 Wide Receiver FR Miami, Fla. (Felix Varela)

88 James Horan 6-3/230 Tight End FR Rockaway, N.J. (Bergen Catholic)

92 Mykal Myers 6-0/301 Defensive Tackle FR Newburgh, N.Y. (Newburgh Free Academy)

99 Sean Marinan 5-11/253 Defensive End FR Higganum, Conn. (Xavier)
Wesly Hopkins 6-2/265 Defensive Line FR (Northwest Catholic)

spacer.gif

soooo...who are we missing here??? shortell? pouyl? rugg? samara? winci? ja williams?

-i know that pouyl and samara and rugg are on campus via twitter im pretty sure. why aren't they listed??
-havn't see anything on the others...

Reaction Score
Noticed Omaine Stephens not there...Bobby Puyol... Zach Rugg... Tyler Samra...Wyatt Vinci...Jhavon Williams...Guess the process got too tedious for the person updating the roster... They musta ran outta gas last night and went to bed and said... "uuuhhhhh, I'll finish it up tomorrow..."

Seriously though guys, that's a little embarrassing... I've sent email requests ( via link: http://www.uconnhuskies.com/feedback/conn-feedback.html ) to those guys suggesting they provide more updates ( at least updated roster info... i.e. an updated list of kids on the roster, when they knew about it this summer, barring size updates, which doesn't come til practice starts at the beginning of August ).. Most schools do that kind of stuff.. It's all a part of the process of selling the UCONN brand... They still don't get it... they're trying a little harder but they glass seems to be half empty instead of half full on how they handle these easy updates...
Others should send their feedback at the link above too.. maybe it will help make for an even better UCONN athletic experience. This is a cyber world now guys.. Time to get use to it....

Hey guys. I know fans want to know, and gobble up info like crazy....but official rosters? They don't need to be published publicly, except at certain times. Of all the things you can get on the uconn atheltic department about, this is not one.

College football is a dirty, cut throat business. Scouting opponents, recruiting. All of it. There are people out there that comb through rosters on a daily basis, looking for players, looking to see what other programs are doing. Scouting each other. Measuring each other up.

Game plans, are most definitely already in place for games in September, for teams all around the country.

There's absolutely no advantage to be gained by maintaining an accurate roster on a daily basis, publicly available on website, and plenty of advantage to be lost, by doing it.

Reaction Score
Hey guys. I know fans want to know, and gobble up info like crazy....but official rosters? They don't need to be published publicly, except at certain times. Of all the things you can get on the uconn atheltic department about, this is not one.

College football is a dirty, cut throat business. Scouting opponents, recruiting. All of it. There are people out there that comb through rosters on a daily basis, looking for players, looking to see what other programs are doing. Scouting each other. Measuring each other up.

Game plans, are most definitely already in place for games in September, for teams all around the country.

There's absolutely no advantage to be gained by maintaining an accurate roster on a daily basis, publicly available on website, and plenty of advantage to be lost, by doing it.

Sorry, but disagree 100%. This is about keeping the fans informed. If you are afrad that posting an accurate roster, including correct spellings, accurate measurables and positions will create an information advantage for an opponent, well ....... you lost me. The real fear is that the AD may not be losing dfans w/this third rate approach, but they certainly are not gaining any!

Reaction Score
Cultivating and growing the fanbase leads to better recruiting which leads to winning more games which leads to cultivating more fans. This is not about not updating the weights and such. This is leaving off a good amount of incoming frosh. Amateur hour.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i bet mrs poyul would love to see her sons name on that roster.

pj

Reaction Score
Yeah, if I'm an athlete wouldn't I rather be at a school that is proud to have me and makes a point of advertising my presence?

The idea that opposing coaches will have better game plans against us because they see a freshman's name on the official roster in July instead of August is crazy. How many freshman even play? The coaches can look at Rivals and see which freshmen are likely to be on the roster.

Reaction Score
it's not about opponents (the roster thing)... moreso for us fans as well as potential recruits to get an idea on where they could potentially fit on the food chain...visibility helps...

Reaction Score
on a related note, was going through to update my work calendar for days when I may be leaving early etc for games, and the links to the printable schedules still point to 2011. Now they may not have the 2012 graphics etc finished, and may want to see if they can get another time or 2 in before the final publication, which is fine, but leaving the 2011 links up as 'Print your schedule' not so helpful.

And again, this is far from my biggest worry on the day, but like any other website/phone system/etc, the little things that seem to be neglected build up an overall impression of how seriously the program is supported. I know I often visit other schools athletics sites when looking for initial info on stadiums, tailgating rules, etc. and certainly notice a difference in quality

Reaction Score
Funny. You guys don't believe me. That's fine. I don't think it's nearly as big a deal that you guys do, and I think that it would be dumb for the program to be maintaining an official accurate roster on a daily basis.

College football programs have people that comb through every bit of information out there on the internet, in the news, about their opponents, and rosters are a focal point. I guarantee you that there are people associated with every program we play this year, that are reading this website on a daily basis.

THere are very specific rules about when an official roster needs to be posted, and July, is not one of those times.

Reaction Score
on a related note, was going through to update my work calendar for days when I may be leaving early etc for games, and the links to the printable schedules still point to 2011. Now they may not have the 2012 graphics etc finished, and may want to see if they can get another time or 2 in before the final publication, which is fine, but leaving the 2011 links up as 'Print your schedule' not so helpful.

And again, this is far from my biggest worry on the day, but like any other website/phone system/etc, the little things that seem to be neglected build up an overall impression of how seriously the program is supported. I know I often visit other schools athletics sites when looking for initial info on stadiums, tailgating rules, etc. and certainly notice a difference in quality

Now - that's something to complain about.

Reaction Score
Carl,

I hope that UConn has it's own intel and paramilitary arm. It's very astute of you to notice Coach P's counterintelligence effort.

Reaction Score
Funny. You guys don't believe me. That's fine. I don't think it's nearly as big a deal that you guys do, and I think that it would be dumb for the program to be maintaining an official accurate roster on a daily basis.

College football programs have people that comb through every bit of information out there on the internet, in the news, about their opponents, and rosters are a focal point. I guarantee you that there are people associated with every program we play this year, that are reading this website on a daily basis.

THere are very specific rules about when an official roster needs to be posted, and July, is not one of those times.

nobody is asking for a daily update; how about a semi-annual or quarterly update?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the freshmen have been in summer class for over a month now. if any other school wanted to know who was on campus they could look it up 15 different ways. between social media, the school directory and so on.. update the dam thing and start acting like a big time program. are all of our interns in that office really that busy?!?

Reaction Score
nobody is asking for a daily update; how about a semi-annual or quarterly update?

Heck, I'm not even asking for that. It just would be nice when they publish the initial 2012 roster that they don't leave off 6 or 7 kids. FUBAR.

Reaction Score
you guys are too much. :)

When the official roster is due to be out, it will be out, and it will be accurate. Until then, there's no reason whatsoever to be spending time on that. THe players, and their friends and families know who's on the team, and who's not, they don't need to check a roster online to see it. Recruiting website nutjobs? (and I mean that in the nicest way Dan) They make their money on their websites by combing through rosters, so they'd be upset about it. Fans, Die hards? yup - upset. We're lucky to have Dan monitoring all those social media info sources.

I'd much rather have the graduate assistants for UConn, looking at every bit of info they can gather about our opponents, than spending time on keeping an updated roster on our own website, when it's not necessary.

The more time it takes for people to hunt down who's going to playing for us, the less time they've got to actually do somethign with the info.

I'll let it go now, you guys are too much.

Counterintelligence arm. Ha.

Reaction Score
Carl,

Do you think Rutgers has satellite imagery of our practice sessions?

When the official roster is due to be out, it will be out, and it will be accurate. Until then, there's no reason whatsoever to be spending time on that. THe players, and their friends and families know who's on the team, and who's not, they don't need to check a roster online to see it. Recruiting website nutjobs? (and I mean that in the nicest way Dan) They make their money on their websites by combing through rosters, so they'd be upset about it. Fans, Die hards? yup - upset. We're lucky to have Dan monitoring all those social media info sources.

I'd much rather have the graduate assistants for UConn, looking at every bit of info they can gather about our opponents, than spending time on keeping an updated roster on our own website, when it's not necessary.

The more time it takes for people to hunt down who's going to playing for us, the less time they've got to actually do somethign with the info.

Reaction Score

This is not a life and death issue but do you think Bama, Texas, Florida, Michigan or USC ( east or west) have inaccurate rosters on their websites? We wanna be big time - we need to act it. I'm sure it'is just off someone's radar...

Reaction Score

I spent an entire corporate career facing high-end IP customers, users and prospects. I've seen what happens when "glossies" and other documentation aren't professionally presented. Simple rule: If it goes out under your company's name or over your signature it has to be professionally presented with perfect content.

Reaction Score
I spent an entire corporate career facing high-end IP customers, users and prospects. I've seen what happens when "glossies" and other documentation aren't professionally presented. Simple rule: If it goes out under your company's name or over your signature it has to be professionally presented with perfect content.

I agree. The fact that it's been noticed, for me is enough to change it. But what I'd rather see, instead of an accurate roster, in the middle of July, is a really nice looking web page that says "2012 official roster will be available on xx/xx/ date, whatever date it's supposed to be there,and then links to the official 2012 spring roster,official 2011 fall roster, 2011 spring....etc... .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom