Roster Count | The Boneyard

Roster Count

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Including Bradley and Thomas, UConn has 67 players who came to UConn as recruited players on the roster for spring ball. That does not include Cole Wagner, who I am assuming is now a scholarship player. Assuming that Mike Boland is the last surprise for this class, and that everyone who has verballed signs (at the time I write this still waiting for confirmation on Lagow, Fatukasi, Hadley and Summers), and not counting Thomas and Bradley (because I have counted them in the 67), we have 23 more recruits. So assuming Wagner has a schollie and Britton is in fact grayshirted, that takes our count of scholarship players who we expect to have in camp in August to 90.

Obviously, that is five more than we can have. Which means that the total of players either who have to leave the program between now and August, or have to be greyshirted, is five.

That should make for very spirited spring practices knowing that five players are going to have to be "disappeared.".

Reaction Score
Britton is not greyshirting from what I understand. And I'm pretty sure Wagner is on scholarship. I think we're at 92.

Reaction Score
It's 91 with Wagner (if he is on scholly...which im still not sure of).

Does include Britton, and Joseph

Does not include Branford (Grey Shirt 2014), or Jennings (not granted a 6th year)

Reaction Score
It's 91 with Wagner (if he is on scholly...which im still not sure of).

Does include Britton, and Joseph

Does not include Branford (Grey Shirt 2014), or Jennings (not granted a 6th year)

Branford is not a grey shirt. A grey shirt signs a LOI now, but then can't suit up or practice in the fall semester, Branford is just a class of '14 recruit now.

Reaction Score
Branford is not a grey shirt. A grey shirt signs a LOI now, but then can't suit up or practice in the fall semester, Branford is just a class of '14 recruit now.

You're correct. I misspoke. my bad.
Either way, he doesn't have a scholly to count against 2013 (is what i was trying - poorly - to get across)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
are u guys including the ndffl frosh this year who was a walkon who was awarded a scholly becuase we had room?
also some 1 didnt come back this jan, if i remember right it was shortell?

Reaction Score
are u guys including the ndffl frosh this year who was a walkon who was awarded a scholly becuase we had room?
also some 1 didnt come back this jan, if i remember right it was shortell?

Shortell transferred back to Kansas (Emphoria State Univ).

Neil Shortell • DL • 6-4 • 250

Mission Hills • Butler CC/UConn

Had four receptions for 60 yards and a TD as a tight end for Butler CC in 2011...earned All-Jayhawk Conference honors...was team captain his senior year at Bishop Miege HS and made 151 tackles with 20 sacks, 41 tackles for a loss and six forced fumbles...member of the Kansas Football Coaches Association’s Top 11 Team and Class 4A first-team defensive line...was the co-East Kansas League defensive player of the year as well as first-team selection.

Reaction Score
ROSTER????

(4) QB- Whitmer, Cochran, McCummings, Boyle
(5) RB- McCombs, Hyppolite, DeLorenzo, J. Williams, Marriner
(4) FB- Frank, Claxx, Vinci, Walsh
(9)WR- Phillips, Davis, J. Green, Foxx, Abrams, Gutierrez, Bradley, Thomas, Lemelle
(5) TE- McQuillan, Hansson, Fuchs, Thompson, T. Myers
(8) OT- Bennett, Friend, Gifford, Hemingway, Levy, Nwokeji, Hopkins, Wright
(6) OG- Cruz, Greene, Bullock, Rugg, Samra, Schafenacker
(3) C- Mateas, Paull, Bockeloh
O-44
(8) DE- Joseph, Norris, McBryde, Louis, Battles, Stevens, Stapleton, Ormsby
(9) DT- Stephen, Pruitt, M. Myers, Willman, Campenni, Knappe, Adeyemi, Holines, Boland, Fatukasi
(11) LB- Smallwood, Stewart, Ashiru, Vann, Donahue, Hicks, Steg, Stephens, Joseph, Jasudowich, Britton
(6) CB- Mack, B. Jones, Stevenson, J. Williams, Clark, Hadley
(7) S- Brown, Adams, Lee, Floyd, Marder, Melifonwu, Lucas
D-41
(2) K- Christen, Puyol
(1) P- Wagner
(1) LS- Mueller
ST-4
(1) ATH Kivon Taylor

T-90

Reaction Score
Earth to BL, have you seen some of the names on the roster? There are some names I've never seen before and there are several of them. I'm sure coach p will have his annual closed door meeting with some of those kids. This isn't new.

Reaction Score
Earth to BL, have you seen some of the names on the roster? There are some names I've never seen before and there are several of them. I'm sure coach p will have his annual closed door meeting with some of those kids. This isn't new.

The names you haven't seen before are non-scholarship walk-ons. We do not have too many of those. (The only limit is you can't have more than 105 total in camp until school opens -- they, subject to the limit on how many you can take on a road game, you can have however many you want).

The only question any of that discussion raises is Wagner. I know I've heard he got a schollie at some point, but I don't know that I've ever seen that officially, nor whether it is promised for this year as well.

So, without Summer, Lagow and Branford, and counting Wagner and Britton, , I count 90. You can make adjustments from there. But the bottom line remains that we don't always lose five to seven players from the start of spring practice to the opening of fall camp, so the process may have to be "helped" along by the staff.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
ROSTER????

(5) RB- McCombs, Hyppolite(--one of these 2--)DeLorenzo, J. Williams, Marriner
(9)WR- Phillips, Davis, J. Green, Foxx (--one of these 2) Abrams, Gutierrez, Bradley, Thomas, Lemelle
O-44
(9) DT- Stephen, Pruitt, M. Myers, Willman, Campenni, Knappe, Adeyemi, Holines, Boland, Fatukasi
(11) LB- Smallwood, Stewart, Ashiru, Vann, Donahue, Hicks, Steg, Stephens, Joseph, Jasudowich, Britton
i imagine we lose 1 from the lb/dt/de group atleast as we have huge #'s.
D-41
(2) K- Christen, Puyol
(1) P- Wagner
(1) LS- Mueller
ST-4
(1) ATH Kivon Taylor

T-90

my 2 cents

Reaction Score
ROSTER????

(9)WR- Phillips, Davis, J. Green, Foxx (--one of these 2) Abrams, Gutierrez, Bradley, Thomas, Lemelle
O-44
D-41
(2) K- Christen, Puyol
(1) P- Wagner
(1) LS- Mueller
ST-4
(1) ATH Kivon Taylor

T-90

I agree with your 2 cents.

I did hear a little while back that BB-S was looking at transfering to continue wrestling....Tennesse state/tech or something. Some other possible losses in blue. Steg has many in front of him and hes now a junior. And Donahue is a back up situational already reached his ceiling player. Although he does bring a lot of experience there are guys now like Ashiru and Vann that must be very hard to keep off the field.

If we lost BBS and/or Louis we have flexibility to push Willman, Adeyemi and/or Holines over to DE for the year.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
ROSTER????

O-44
D-41
(2) K- Christen, Puyol
(1) P- Wagner
(1) LS- Mueller
ST-4
(1) ATH Kivon Taylor

T-90

I agree with your 2 cents.

I did hear a little while back that BB-S was looking at transfering to continue wrestling....Tennesse state/tech or something. Some other possible losses in blue. Steg has many in front of him and hes now a junior. And Donahue is a back up situational already reached his ceiling player. Although he does bring a lot of experience there are guys now like Ashiru and Vann that must be very hard to keep off the field.

If we lost BBS and/or Louis we have flexibility to push Willman, Adeyemi and/or Holines over to DE for the year.

interesting. RD prob wont tho becuase hes already transfered once from MD to UConn so i think hes at wheres hes at now. i think we only have a few rs sr or sr's on the team this fall but a lot of rs jr's so next years class is going to be interesting. i'm thinking a lot of kids dont get asked to come back if they make the cut here this spring.

one thing in this class i have been a bit warry of was that we didn't get a punter. cole is either a jr or sr i forget so we needed to get one in here and let him rs and learn for a year or 2 before handing the job over. bit worried about that but i think gdl plans on never punting and just scoring so who knows....

Reaction Score
interesting. RD prob wont tho becuase hes already transfered once from MD to UConn so i think hes at wheres hes at now. i think we only have a few rs sr or sr's on the team this fall but a lot of rs jr's so next years class is going to be interesting. i'm thinking a lot of kids dont get asked to come back if they make the cut here this spring.

one thing in this class i have been a bit warry of was that we didn't get a punter. cole is either a jr or sr i forget so we needed to get one in here and let him rs and learn for a year or 2 before handing the job over. bit worried about that but i think gdl plans on never punting and just scoring so who knows....

By my count we have 10 seniors on the roster and 16 redshirt juniors. This is, on paper, a rebuilding year, in that we have a small senior class and only one of them (Jesse Joseph) has ever played at an all-conference level. Next year, other than the OL (talk about a big but) we will be going into '14 with more experience and depth).

Reaction Score
Possibles

McCummings
Hyppolite
DeLorenzo
Foxx
Paull
Bullock
Nwokeji
Louis
Adeyemi
Steg

my 0.02

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
By my count we have 10 seniors on the roster and 16 redshirt juniors. This is, on paper, a rebuilding year, in that we have a small senior class and only one of them (Jesse Joseph) has ever played at an all-conference level. Next year, other than the OL (talk about a big but) we will be going into '14 with more experience and depth).

what do u think bl, are we going to have a small 2014 class? i really hope not considering how loaded the footprint is. but 15 slots right now seems like it could be the answer. not to mention a fgk and punter may take 2 of those slots.

Reaction Score
what do u think bl, are we going to have a small 2014 class? i really hope not considering how loaded the footprint is. but 15 slots right now seems like it could be the answer. not to mention a fgk and punter may take 2 of those slots.

Hadn't thought about it, but a very good question. I don't see how the class is going to be bigger than 20 or so. Think about it. We only have ten seniors, and we have to lose five just to get to camp next year. So to get above 18 to 20 seems unlikely, but it is very, very early.

I assume that while we might take a Punter, we're not taking another FG kicker unless Puyol is on his way out.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Hadn't thought about it, but a very good question. I don't see how the class is going to be bigger than 20 or so. Think about it. We only have ten seniors, and we have to lose five just to get to camp next year. So to get above 18 to 20 seems unlikely, but it is very, very early.

I assume that while we might take a Punter, we're not taking another FG kicker unless Puyol is on his way out.

sit would be just BP on the roster kicker wise, maybe a walkon kicker as a backup?

Reaction Score
sit would be just BP on the roster kicker wise, maybe a walkon kicker as a backup?

Backed up by either a walk-on or the new punter.

It is far from unusual for a program to only have one scholarship kicker on the roster.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Backed up by either a walk-on or the new punter.

It is far from unusual for a program to only have one scholarship kicker on the roster.

ok. sounds about right. so a punter then is one of those slots and a kicker would most likely be a walkon if any. good talk as this will help me form a 2014 chart in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom