Rodney Purvis | The Boneyard

Rodney Purvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
New member...love reading the board..first post...heard Coach Calhoun speak last night in Stamford...lots of insight to his career...said Purvis was probably most talented kid on the floor last year in practice but not to be confused with being the best player...said he has all the tools to be special next season... other interesting insights...said he's not a cheerleader...after games he and KO occasionally break down games, what they did well, what they can do better...he and KO think the same when it comes to defense, differ a bit on offensive philosophies...loves KO...really stays in touch with his players...even mentioned some who left...mentioned damn near every player he has sent to the NBA...he's very proud of them...over 1 BILLION (almost had a DR. Evil moment!) in salaries to players he sent to the NBA...revealed some tentative future plans...did not include coaching...LOVES UCONN!

Reaction Score
The player that did not play has always been the "best player not the floor" when you ask JC. My money is the Bazz was the best player on the floor since he was the best player in the entire NCAA.

Reaction Score
New member...love reading the board..first post...heard Coach Calhoun speak last night in Stamford...lots of insight to his career...said Purvis was probably most talented kid on the floor last year in practice but not to be confused with being the best player...said he has all the tools to be special next season... other interesting insights...said he's not a cheerleader...after games he and KO occasionally break down games, what they did well, what they can do better...he and KO think the same when it comes to defense, differ a bit on offensive philosophies...loves KO...really stays in touch with his players...even mentioned some who left...mentioned damn near every player he has sent to the NBA...he's very proud of them...over 1 BILLION (almost had a DR. Evil moment!) in salaries to players he sent to the NBA...revealed some tentative future plans...did not include coaching...LOVES UCONN!

I'm a new member too, and some of us do bite, but its a message board so only about as hard as a butterfly. Welcome!

Reaction Score
The player that did not play has always been the "best player not the floor" when you ask JC. My money is the Bazz was the best player on the floor since he was the best player in the entire NCAA.

Re-read the post. He said, "Purvis was probably most talented kid on the floor last year in practice but not to be confused with being the best player."

Reaction Score

Great first post. Thank you, and welcome to the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Wasn't Purvis out most of the season with an injury?? I think he only practiced a few months, if that much.

Reaction Score
Drove by UConn Stamford on the way home from work, noticed the crowd and thought it was him speaking. Tried to google to see if there was something going on and nothing came up in my search. Should have stopped in. Bummer.......

Reaction Score
Wasn't Purvis out most of the season with an injury?? I think he only practiced a few months, if that much.
practiced November and December. clearly there are a lot of informal practices and scrimmages before that time too.

Reaction Score
practiced November and December. clearly there are a lot of informal practices and scrimmages before that time too.
I also think early in the tourney he was practicing. Beyond elite talent, the kid sounds like an amazing teammate. A great story, finding the right coach as a player ( something you have little control of in the league, and in college you are 17 not really knowing what a coach will do for you long term) is an unappreciated aspect in hoops, something I 100% agree with Simmons on. Ollie offered him a support system to unveil his tremendous upside, changed the kids life.

Reaction Score
We've all heard that before from JC. Let's reserve judgment until we see him in game action against non-cupcake opponents.

That said, welcome to the board!

Reaction Score
I keep forgetting that at Midnight Madness this year Purvis was the best player on the court during the scrimmage.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The best part about purvis is he's now 2+ years removed from the peak of his spotlight. Here is his McD AA class:

http://espn.go.com/high-school/boys.../2012-mcdonald-all-american-game-boys-rosters

Half of these guys are projected first rounders if not already gone.

He's had to watch them all compete and move on while he's been on ice. That's a lot of motivation.

DT7YoQry_normal.jpeg
Rodney Purvis (@rpurvis44)
5/23/14, 9:57 AM
"I forget he even existed"
#notetoself

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
not breaking ur stones but what? don't get it...

We sometimes joke about the number of likes someone has compared to the number of posts, as if it's some grand indication of things (it's not). This guy has 1 post and 33 35 likes. That's got to be the best ratio in the game. So I pointed out that he's really bringing the heat.

Reaction Score
Saw a preseason practice, and if that one practice is any indication, Purvis will be one of the best slashers we've ever had here. From reading his twitter, it seems that he is anxious to prove himself next year.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
We sometimes joke about the number of likes someone has compared to the number of posts, as if it's some grand indication of things (it's not). This guy has 1 post and 33 35 likes. That's got to be the best ratio in the game. So I pointed out that he's really bringing the heat.
He can't carry TCF15's jock. 3,052 posts and 10,260 likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom