Rodney Purvis Interview | The Boneyard

Rodney Purvis Interview

Reaction Score
Every time a player steps on the sideline with the ball, we say, "He pulled a Rodney." Even so, he is one of my favorite players.
This guy the next section over at the XL would scream “c’mon Purvis”

• Haha
Reactions: THC

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Every time a player steps on the sideline with the ball, we say, "He pulled a Rodney." Even so, he is one of my favorite players.
My family still does same religiously. It seriously seemed like every single game without fail.

Loved him though.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I always love when Johnny Selvie's name comes up. Black hole or not I liked him.
That was his job, to get the ball down low and score. And he was good at it. And he did step back over the baseline more times than normal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I met some clients here around Atlanta that were UConn fans because Rodney is a cousin.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Account created in 2023.
Nope
You must be 20 years old.

Nope
You don’t know husky history.

Definitely a Purvis. Selvie was more of a black hole. Throw the ball in and it'll never come back out.

Rodney's biggest problem was the expectations put on him. He represented the school well during some down times.
Nah. Once per game.
That is a Selvie not a Rodney.
Thank you. Finally some respect.

No respect from the younger generation. Unreal.

Reaction Score
My daughter, class of 2016 hung out a little with Rodney. Said he was a great guy. Omar Calhoun and the great Phil Nolan as well. Imagine Phil was the starting center on a team that won the national championship unbelievable

Reaction Score
Account created in 2023.

Nah. Once per game.

Respectfully, you are inaccurate. No one stepped on the sideline more than Purvis. No one. I don't think Selvie even attempted a 3 in his career. The only time he saw the sideline was checking in/out of a game. Baseline is another story.

By referencing when my account was created, are you implying that I am some kind of fair weather fan? I saw my first live game in 1981 and have been a season ticket holder for 35 years.

Reaction Score
Respectfully, you are inaccurate. No one stepped on the sideline more than Purvis. No one. I don't think Selvie even attempted a 3 in his career. The only time he saw the sideline was checking in/out of a game. Baseline is another story.

By referencing when my account was created, are you implying that I am some kind of fair weather fan? I saw my first live game in 1981 and have been a season ticket holder for 35 years.
Seems legit.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Account created in 2023.

Nah. Once per game.

47 years old and UConn grad class of 98. Anymore nonsense from you?

Reaction Score
Definitely a Purvis. Selvie was more of a black hole. Throw the ball in and it'll never come back out.

Rodney's biggest problem was the expectations put on him. He represented the school well during some down times.
Selfie was the bain of JCs existence. But UCONN made the final 8 with him starting.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I recall a number of games where Rodney tried to put the team on his back, but nobody climbed aboard. Glad that's all in the rearview mirror.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom