Rodney Purvis Interview | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rodney Purvis Interview

Reaction Score
Selfie was the bain of JCs existence. But UCONN made the final 8 with him starting.
Selvie made possibly the dumbest comment ever by a UConn player. Calhoun had just blasted the team in a postgame for playing really poorly and barely beating a scrub non-conference team. When asked about it, Selvie said something to the effect, “I don’t know what the big deal is. We won.”

Reaction Score
Respectfully, you are inaccurate. No one stepped on the sideline more than Purvis. No one. I don't think Selvie even attempted a 3 in his career. The only time he saw the sideline was checking in/out of a game. Baseline is another story.

By referencing when my account was created, are you implying that I am some kind of fair weather fan? I saw my first live game in 1981 and have been a season ticket holder for 35 years.
Good response and I agree. His entire message came off like an arrogant entitled child.

Maybe I missed some sarcasm.

Reaction Score
Selvie made possibly the dumbest comment ever by a UConn player. Calhoun had just blasted the team in a postgame for playing really poorly and barely beating a scrub non-conference team. When asked about it, Selvie said something to the effect, “I don’t know what the big deal is. We won.”
My buddy and I beat Selvie and E. Saunders in beer pong once.

Reaction Score
I think it was the 2nd Providence game in 2004 where Calhoun bolted to the opposite end of the floor at a time out to berate Selvie for loafing on a rebound.

Reaction Score
Purvis was a good not great player but more importantly a good guy who seemingly loves UConn and represented us well on and off the court. Important to remember that he impressed the Magic's front office and coaching staff enough (probably more from a character standpoint) to get him a couple sips of coffee in the league including a couple starts.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think it was the 2nd Providence game in 2004 where Calhoun bolted to the opposite end of the floor at a time out to berate Selvie for loafing on a rebound.
I don't think Selvie was on the roster at that point.

Reaction Score
Good response and I agree. His entire message came off like an arrogant entitled child.

Maybe I missed some sarcasm.
It was clearly sarcasm, look at his picture for his handle.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Purvis was a good not great player but more importantly a good guy who seemingly loves UConn and represented us well on and off the court. Important to remember that he impressed the Magic's front office and coaching staff enough (probably more from a character standpoint) to get him a couple sips of coffee in the league including a couple starts.
Good enough to get a little PT in the league

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom