OT: - Rock And Roll HOF | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Rock And Roll HOF

Reaction Score
There are no new great rock bands coming out anymore. The new honorees are from hip hop, country etc. It's seriously time to change the name to the Music Hall of Fame and honor the best of all genres. On a side note, it was criminal how long it took them to induct The Steve Miller Band.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I think I could be just fine never hearing Foreigner, Styx or REO Speedwagon ever again.
Good thing you don't live in Pittsburgh.

Not to mention it's also Pirates' closer David Bednar's entrance song.

Pulling Mussels From The Shell.
Back when I had a voice that could still hit notes, "Black Coffee In Bed" was one of my go-to karaokes. Wasn't crazy about very early (UK) Squeeze (Cool for Cats, Up the Junction), but the period where they did Pulling Mussels and Black Coffee, they were one of the best bands out there. Much like Elliot Easton of the Cars, Glenn Tillbrook was a fantastic axeman, but pretty much stuck to short solo bursts that fit the song rather than extended solos.

Reaction Score
There are no new great rock bands coming out anymore. The new honorees are from hip hop, country etc. It's seriously time to change the name to the Music Hall of Fame and honor the best of all genres. On a side note, it was criminal how long it took them to induct The Steve Miller Band.
Miles Davis on Steve Miller

“I remember one time - it might have been a couple times - at the Fillmore East in 1970, I was opening for this sorry-axx cat named Steve Miller. Steve Miller didn't have his sxxt going for him, so I'm pissed because I got to open for this non-playing mxxxxxxxx just because he had one or two sorry-axx records out. So I would come late and he would have to go on first and then we got there we smoked the mxxxxxxxxg place, everybody dug it.”​

― Miles Davis

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
If it took YES until 2017 to get in and King Crimson, ELP and Jethro Tull are not in then the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a disgrace,

It was horrible that YES was not inducted while Chris Squire was alive.

Bands like YES until they were elected and ELP, King Crimson and Jethro Tull do not need the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame to validate their greatness.

The R and R HOF does not consider prog rock to be a form of rock music despite having “rock” in the description. Hip hop and country are , however.

Reaction Score
Loggins before a solo career was a constant on the radio in the early to mid 70’s with Loggins and Messina selling well over 20 million records.
Kenny Loggins played at Jorgensen (1978 or1979) great show

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Miles Davis on Steve Miller...
Miles had a better quote I read in an interview with Rip Torn. Rip said he lived next door to Davis and went over to visit one day. And there he was just sitting in front of the front window looking at all the traffic. Miles says, "Where are all these mothers going?"

Reaction Score
I was there! Think that was Spring1982, after they had J Giles in late 1981 the week the Centerfold album hit #1
maybe 1985? Unless he was a repeat act. Jefferson Starship also made it there.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Foreigner opened for The Rolling Stones for their 1981 tour opener in Philadelphia and got booed off the stage. Personally, I've never been a fan of them.

(For what it's worth, George Thorogood played to huge applause. If I remember correctly, they actually brought him back out after foreigner left to get the crowd pumped up again.)
Hah, I went to that tour in Seattle, Greg Kinn Band instead of Foreigner, J. Geils instead of Thorogood I think.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
maybe 1985? Unless he was a repeat act. Jefferson Starship also made it there.
Must have been the ganj....J Giles 2/82 (I was close), Herbie was 10/84. both shows they had songs at the top of the charts (Centerfold/Rock It). Don't recall Starship, wouldn't have cared...

Reaction Score
Must have been the ganj....J Giles 2/82 (I was close), Herbie was 10/84. both shows they had songs at the top of the charts (Centerfold/Rock It). Don't recall Starship, wouldn't have cared...
Geils was great. They were booked at UConn and UMass that weekend way in advance. Meanwhile became the hottest selling artist in the land but still played both shows right before a sold out MSG gig.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
One of my favorite movie lines of all time.
young frankenstein GIF
I just watched young frankenstein yesterday, lol

Reaction Score
The R and R HOF does not consider prog rock to be a form of rock music despite having “rock” in the description. Hip hop and country are , however.
Which is ridiculous. Always been a Prog fan, even current prog bands. How Hip Hop and County get in before Prog is beyond me.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hah, I went to that tour in Seattle, Greg Kinn Band instead of Foreigner, J. Geils instead of Thorogood I think.
I think that was the "Tattoo You" tour. It was a great. Nobody does a large stadium show as well as Jagger. I saw them again in Hartford a couple months later.

Reaction Score
I've looked on their website, and I cannot find anything about a criteria for getting in, other than the artists have to have released their first album 25 years before they are nominated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom